RW Joel Armia (2011, 16th overall, Buffalo; traded to WPG) II

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Fun fact: With the last two goals Armia scored he became the third player in the leagues history (that started in 1928) to score over 50 regular season goals before the age of 20 with his 51 goals.

Other two were Jouni Rinne, who scored 77 goals between 1973-76 and Matti Hagman, who scored 71 goals between 1972-75.

Zeitung

Jan 16, 2013
Fun fact: With the last two goals Armia scored he became the third player in the leagues history (that started in 1928) to score over 50 regular season goals before the age of 20 with his 51 goals.

Other two were Jouni Rinne, who scored 77 goals between 1973-76 and Matti Hagman, who scored 71 goals between 1972-75.

And much more goals were scored per game in the 70s which makes Armia's record quite impressive. 15 goals so far this season and 9 games left. 20 goals should not be a problem.:)

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
What a great talent this kid is. He should definitely be playing in the WHC. as i have said he is already the best finnish forward, and it's not even close.

rsg87

Apr 1, 2011
What a great talent this kid is. He should definitely be playing in the WHC. as i have said he is already the best finnish forward, and it's not even close.

I'm a Sabres fan and I can't believe that. Teemu Selanne and Mikko Koivu are better than Armia just to name of few.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com

What the **** are you talking about? Like seriously? Did he just say what I think he said.

I strongly disagree with this statement, STRONGLY!!!!!

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011

Armia isn't even the best finnish forward in sm-liiga :D When he is on, he can be great, but he is just so inconsistent it's almost funny.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Armia with 2 primary assists again
Time for old man Koivu to pack up his bags.

Edit. But on a serious note he has been creating a whole lot of opportunities for his teammates in this game. Seeing again that he isn't just a one trick pony.

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He have been really good after Dixon left. Let's see how he does at playoffs. Past years he have been an nonfactor at the playoffs.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
For Ässät's sake, I hope he wants to leave the league on a high note. He can do it if he wants to.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Playing his best hockey in Ässät at the moment in every area of his game

Just an absolute joy to watch him out there. There is still hope that he might possibly have chance to turn out ok.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Playing his best hockey in Ässät at the moment in every area of his game

Just an absolute joy to watch him out there. There is still hope that he might possibly have chance to turn out ok.

He's a 6'4 1st rounder with good skating. He'll be given many chances in the NHL for sure

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
He's a 6'4 1st rounder with good skating. He'll be given many chances in the NHL for sure

. . . with an NHL organization that is very thin at wing in the system and on the roster for that matter. Over the next year or two the should be plenty of opportunity to break into the NHL.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
. . . with an NHL organization that is very thin at wing in the system and on the roster for that matter. Over the next year or two the should be plenty of opportunity to break into the NHL.

Joel in, Drew out...Or at least demoted to the 3rd line. :nod:
I really hope this kid brings his A game to the NHL.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Joel in, Drew out...Or at least demoted to the 3rd line. :nod:
I really hope this kid brings his A game to the NHL.

The best thing for Armia right now is to get away from his home town!
The compete level is pretty much there he just need to get away from his momma breakfeasttable.
BEAST! I say again BEAST! (will be if everything clicks. :) )
Three years from now. A MONSTER. I bet my front theeth.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Looked pretty tired in the 4-0-win against Lukko on Saturday, but was one of the better players for Ässät today and was involved in most of Ässät's scoring chances. In overtime got the first assist in Ässät's 1-0-goal when his wrister from the point was deflected into the goal on the powerplay.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
When i've had the chance to see him play this season i've been impressed but somehow it hasnt showed on the scoreboard as much as i expected before the season. But now he's heating up, finally !

In his last 6 games, 10 points (3+7). Important goals and primary assists, keep it up Joel !

One of my favorite players and i really hope he can make the jump to NHL.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
What a steal this kid was. He is the best player from 2011 draft, clearly better than Nugent-Hopkins. If he only bothers to show up he is unstoppable.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
What a steal this kid was. He is the best player from 2011 draft, clearly better than Nugent-Hopkins. If he only bothers to show up he is unstoppable.

Yeah... No he is not.

Anyways, Armia has played well lately and his team is winning. I'm happy for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad