RW Albin Grewe - Djurgardens IF J20, SuperElit (2019, 66th, DET)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Uhhhh, did you just say the SHL isn't a grinder's league?

Yes.
There's a lot less play in the corners. Not much fighting. Not as much hitting. The KHL, DEL, Finnish Extraliiga are more physical.

There is a higher skill level in the SHL than the other leagues. Better passing, better shooting, more structure to the play. You're not seeing guys stand on the puck in the corner and kick it around often, and you're not seeing nearly as much dirt in the SHL as north american hockey.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I have. It's a skater's league, not a grinder's league. of the European leagues the only one I'd rank as less physical is probably the Swiss NL. This isn't an indictment by any means, but there's not nearly as much behind the scenes stuff and "rugby hockey" plays as some other euro leagues or the AHL.

It funny because just last week Kris Versteeg called the SHL rugby on ice in a podcast :D

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
This transaction happened a couple months ago already but Grewe will play in Liiga with Ilves next season. Really wanted to see him in the OHL last season, hopefully he can still develop some offence

Reactions: KristichBabych

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Will he be on the 1st line for DET next year or is that too optimistic? 🤭

Seriously though, are they even going to give him a look?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Pretty sure he will be forgotten as a prospect from what I understand? Which is very minimal. I guess he is still young and seems to have an edge? But must be running out of time before we need to sign him id assume.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

Just the other day rumors came out that he has signed with Djurgården again for next season. But I suppose that would not mean anything if Detroit wants to give him a closer look, but that is probably unlikely judging by his stats. But hopefully after a great season with Djurgården ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
His write up on draft day had me so excited for his style of game, but alas as is usually the case most draft picks become nothing.

Reactions: KristichBabych

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The nickname was never about his offensive capabilities(and hockey IQ), it was always just about how physical he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad