RW Albin Grewe - Djurgardens IF J20, SuperElit (2019, 66th, DET)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I would hope someone else picks him before my picks if I were a GM. Low hockey IQ is a problem here.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I would hope someone else picks him before my picks if I were a GM. Low hockey IQ is a problem here.
Problem for what? He is a high-energy, fast winger with good skills. It's not like he is getting consideration for TOP 10.

Reactions: Vachon23

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Problem for what? He is a high-energy, fast winger with good skills. It's not like he is getting consideration for TOP 10.

Playing with high energy is great but not if you don't know which direction you should go on the ice. I see a lot of Anton Karlsson in his game.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Any chance for the first round for Grewe?

Although your post was a bit ago, there’s a very slim chance. He isn’t first round talent- maybe in a weaker draft class.

My guess is he goes somewhere around 50.

Might just be the best hitter in the draft. At least in the top few rounds.

For a forward, possibly. His hitting isn’t even that impressive. It’s more or less that he just hits haha. That’s missing from today’s game; Grewe doesn’t track that well which is surprising since he’s a quick skater. That won’t bode well in the NHL. He’s more or less a straight line guy in that regard.

Samuel Boduc is a good hitter.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I'm guessing he'll be a big time dropper. Anyone remember Anton Karlsson? Grewe is a very similar low IQ player. Can't keep up with the play so he starts throwing dangerous hits. Not someone I would even consider in the first 3 rounds.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm guessing he'll be a big time dropper. Anyone remember Anton Karlsson? Grewe is a very similar low IQ player. Can't keep up with the play so he starts throwing dangerous hits. Not someone I would take in the first 3 rounds.

That's a comparison that will scare you.

I remember when Phoenix drafted Karlsson with a pick the habs traded them(was to move up and draft TinOrdinary I believe) and people were pissed. Other teams were hoping for him and he seemed pretty good, but nothing became.of him.

Is he noticeably slow, or just is it more than his hockey IQ is low and he doesn't react fast and because of low IQ doesnt know what to do, so he throws those dangerous hits ?

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I'm guessing he'll be a big time dropper. Anyone remember Anton Karlsson? Grewe is a very similar low IQ player. Can't keep up with the play so he starts throwing dangerous hits. Not someone I would even consider in the first 3 rounds.
Yeah grewe hasnt impressed me.

Karl Henriksson is the better player but much lower ranked.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Scouting quotes from Hockey Prospect rip him apart. Shame because I like what little I've seen of him.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Scouting quotes from Hockey Prospect rip him apart. Shame because I like what little I've seen of him.

If you don't mind sharing what sort of things were said? It's too bad, I thought he was such an underrated player at the Hlinka Gretzky, and one shift-by-shift video of his blew me away, looked like an absolute Brad Marchand type player. But his stats this year have not been promising, and it seems that people that watch him a lot aren't exactly a fan.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If you don't mind sharing what sort of things were said? It's too bad, I thought he was such an underrated player at the Hlinka Gretzky, and one shift-by-shift video of his blew me away, looked like an absolute Brad Marchand type player. But his stats this year have not been promising, and it seems that people that watch him a lot aren't exactly a fan.

They wrote a lot, but basically attacked his hockey sense.

To summarize one quote from the book, "He had this ability to make his linemates worse".

They wrote a whole page on him though.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Really interesting. I wish there was more footage of him, shift-by-shift. He's such an interesting player to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad