RW Albin Grewe - Djurgardens IF J20, SuperElit (2019, 66th, DET)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Albin Grewe caught my eye with his dazzling stick handling and offensive talent playing in the SuperElit. He’s put up 27 pts this year and has what seems to be a very high offensive potential.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Albin Grewe is so talented. He pulls out incredible dangle out of no where and he's very quick on his edges. The thing is, he makes so much turnovers. He'll need to work on that this upcoming season, because if he can, he'll rise in my top 20 for sure.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Albin Grewe is so talented. He pulls out incredible dangle out of no where and he's very quick on his edges. The thing is, he makes so much turnovers. He'll need to work on that this upcoming season, because if he can, he'll rise in my top 20 for sure.

I like his skills, too. He's one of my early favorites.

One of my worries though is that even though he competed and "looked good", he didn't score a single point at the U18.

I wonder whether it was bad luck, a struggling Swedish team offensively (especially down the middle) or hockey sense. That last part is what I'll look for this year.

The skills and compete are there though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

One of my worries though is that even though he competed and "looked good", he didn't score a single point at the U18.

I wonder whether it was bad luck, a struggling Swedish team offensively (especially down the middle) or hockey sense. That last part is what I'll look for this year.

Lack of hockey sense.

Reactions: rickardr

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018

It's a bit of both. He was unlucky, but it wasn't his best games too. He shown a lot more in his SuperElit games.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Yes he did, because his opponents wasn't as good as in the U18 WC. To me he lacks a good hockey sense.
For sure. It's definitely not his best strength, but it's normal for a prospect to have some tougher games especially when you have so little ice time to show your skill. I have some concern with Grewe, but I think we should wait to see what his progression will be in that aspect of his game.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Just took a penalty for a back hit crashing the opponent on the board.

It just confirm that he takes those bad penalties.

Out of the first two rounds for me for the 2019 draft.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Got a few shifts last game and will make his full debut today in the CHL against Tappara. Starts on a line with the Davidsson brothers

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Had a great game in SHL 2 days ago.

the coach of Djurgården praises him:

"He is at the top of the food chain, a t-rex, eats everything and thinks everything is under him"

Albin Grewe about his playingstyle:

"I'm not just a physical player, I'm an aggressively skilled player who likes to score and make goals. I see it as a good combo with the physical game i have".

Junioren Albin Grewe lämnade avtryck: "Han är en t-rex"

Reactions: Tryamkin

Matteo

Aug 20, 2017
Rumor has it that the team is about to sign Petteri Wirtanen whose short-term contract with TPS just expired yesterday. It'll be interesting to see if he gets the same exposure whether the rumour's true.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Rumor has it that the team is about to sign Petteri Wirtanen whose short-term contract with TPS just expired yesterday. It'll be interesting to see if he gets the same exposure whether the rumour's true.

Wirtanen joining probably won't affect Grewe, it'll probably mean Albin Lundin will be sent back to Almtuna. However Dick Axelsson will soon be back from injury and Axel Jonsson Fjällby has an out in his contract that sets in by November 14 which means he might chose to return to Djurgården from AHL. Otherwise Djurgården are likely to bring someone new in, that's two LW's that will probably limit the amount of ice time Grewe will see.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Albin Grewe has continued to impress this season owing to his combined physical play and elite-level skill. Although projected by many to be selected in the second round of the 2019 NHL Draft, Grewe could -- in our opinion -- easily ascend into the first round if he continues to dominate his opposition on a nightly basis this season.

Here is Grewe's full NHL Draft Profile for the 2018-19 season:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’m really coming around on Grewe, his skill+physicality+compete level is really enticing

Reactions: BKarchitect

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Seems to be coached to play or wants to play a physical grinder role in the SHL, will be interesting to see if that is the path he will continue on or if he can combine what he is in juniors with what he is doing in the SHL and be a power forward who can score.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He was only listed at 5'10.5 in the central scouting midterm rankings. For some reason I thought he was alot taller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad