Speculation: Rutta and Manning being shopped aggressively

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From an Eric Duhatschek article on The Athletic:

“The most attractive commodity would thus probably be Keith, who could be to this year’s trade deadline what Ryan McDonagh was to last year’s.”

From the same article:

“Moreover, if you shifted your franchise into rebuild mode, do you then follow the template established by the Rangers and Senators last year, and make a public announcement to that effect? That’s another way the industry may be changing. In the past, teams that embarked on a rebuild would never utter the ‘R’ word but would instead position it as part of a winning-on-the-fly strategy. Reload, not rebuild was the popular mantra. Now, the philosophy seems to be: Lower the bar, limit the expectations and then anything that looks faintly positive in the near term appears to be a win.”

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
From an Eric Duhatschek article on The Athletic:

“The most attractive commodity would thus probably be Keith, who could be to this year’s trade deadline what Ryan McDonagh was to last year’s.”

From the same article:

“Moreover, if you shifted your franchise into rebuild mode, do you then follow the template established by the Rangers and Senators last year, and make a public announcement to that effect? That’s another way the industry may be changing. In the past, teams that embarked on a rebuild would never utter the ‘R’ word but would instead position it as part of a winning-on-the-fly strategy. Reload, not rebuild was the popular mantra. Now, the philosophy seems to be: Lower the bar, limit the expectations and then anything that looks faintly positive in the near term appears to be a win.”
Keith seems to be getting mentioned a lot across the league - seems like a player a lot of teams would like to have at that AAV and real dollars....

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hey Stan, does the name Teuvo Teravainen ring a bell? This time do not trade a young promising player just to get rid of Manning. Manning sucks and no team's gonna trade for his horrendous contract. Just bite the bullet and bury him in Rockford.
You don't see a difference between Bickell contract and Mannings?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
If Keith asks for it, you look to get it done to a preferred destination. That's not going to be a hockey decision.

But it can be a hockey decision too. With his salary well under his caphit for the rest of his contract, and his wealth of Stanley Cup experience, you could imagine how valuable young up and coming teams might view him. Even with his declined play compared to the past.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
But it can be a hockey decision too. With his salary well under his caphit for the rest of his contract, and his wealth of Stanley Cup experience, you could imagine how valuable young up and coming teams might view him. Even with his declined play compared to the past.
Yes, but even without thinking about the NMC, don't trade him unless he tells it and trade him to the place he wants to be.

Reactions: OTC

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Most likely the only way you can ditch Manning is a move for another teams bad contract signed thru next year

If the Gagner stuff is true a Gagner for Manning deal would make sense

Gagner has 1 yr left after this season at 3.1M so the incentive for Nucks would be to save a little bit of money while Hawks would roll dice that Gagner could be productive

Reactions: OTC

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Yes, but even without thinking about the NMC, don't trade him unless he tells it and trade him to the place he wants to be.
I agree give Keith and or Seebrook the courtesy of their choice. Without them we don't have the cup!

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Most likely the only way you can ditch Manning is a move for another teams bad contract signed thru next year

If the Gagner stuff is true a Gagner for Manning deal would make sense

Gagner has 1 yr left after this season at 3.1M so the incentive for Nucks would be to save a little bit of money while Hawks would roll dice that Gagner could be productive
I puzzled by this.. Everyone (except Edzo) knows Manning is a 6/7 at best and he has a less money owed compared to Gagner. Unless the Hawks are receiving a sweetner why would they do this?

Gagner can't even crack the vancouver line up..

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
I puzzled by this.. Everyone (except Edzo) knows Manning is a 6/7 at best and he has a less money owed compared to Gagner. Unless the Hawks are receiving a sweetner why would they do this?

Gagner can't even crack the vancouver line up..
Maybe Bowman wants to bring back the junior years of Gagne and Kane i.e. Dcat and Strome.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Rutta and Manning flat out stink. I can’t fathom any gm wanting either one.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
i'll never understand why manning got two years, the pro scout who made that recommendation needs to be handed walking papers, the hell were they watching

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Should be trading Dmen that will get you assets IMHO. They should look to see if there are any suitors for Gus.
Exactly. Zero reason to trade Manning if it takes a sweetener to get the deal done. It's like wasting a draft pick. Hawks are in a situation where it doesn't matter if Manning plays every night.

Just let his contract run out.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Exactly. Zero reason to trade Manning if it takes a sweetener to get the deal done. It's like wasting a draft pick. Hawks are in a situation where it doesn't matter if Manning plays every night.

Just let his contract run out.
In Rockford preferably

Reactions: SotasicA

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What does aggressively mean? I think that means he’s not only calling the Coyotes he’s calling uncle Dale too lol, who would want them right now anyway? Maybe Rutta can get you a 4th, Manning on the other hand is a joke just as most of us expected when Stan the Man first signed him, why do we know more than Stan tho, isn’t that weird that a GM of a team makes moves that the fans themselves know are big mistakes way before he does?

Last edited:

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
If Keith wants to move on then we should absolutely move him
If you move dunc than this team will not be good next year either.

If he is moved you should get a kings ransom for him. You put him on a second pairing with a tru stay at home dman with a cup contender and he probably regains his game.

I would not do it. But many teams would offer you a lot for him. I guess it depends on where the hawks think they truly are.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If you move dunc than this team will not be good next year either.

If he is moved you should get a kings ransom for him. You put him on a second pairing with a tru stay at home dman with a cup contender and he probably regains his game.

I would not do it. But many teams would offer you a lot for him. I guess it depends on where the hawks think they truly are.
Keith doesn't dictate whether this team will be good or not next season

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Moving Keith would be a mistake, we keep on moving pieces that are NOT the problem, you need to move the piece that ARE. Get rid of the junk, don’t get rid of valuable players while the junk is left behind, it’s not a recipe for success...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad