Speculation: Rutta and Manning being shopped aggressively

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Manning will be tough to unload with the extra year on his deal.
You can probably move Rutta relatively easily. Im guessing with retention involved.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From the article:

The source believed the Blackhawks would be willing to accept anything for either of the defensemen to clear the roster and cap space.

“I don’t know if they’ll find suitors,” the source said. “It all depends. Manning is a 6/7 defenseman guy. If you want to get your depth guy now, then maybe. The problem is he has that extra year. Management doesn’t usually want that. It’s about the flexibility. The Blackhawks could eat some of his salary. As for Rutta, I don’t know. I never say never. Some people think they can turn a player around.”

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I really wonder what Eddies obsession with Manning is. Maybe the play style reminds him of himself? He really couldn’t be more off base.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If you have the cap to do both, Rutta is a free lotto ticket if waived.
I just think I would rather hold onto Ruuta instead of getting a 7th for him right now. (or a lowly rated prospect). See if he can improve and maybe get more for him at the deadline.
If you can't get anything for him now, waive Manning.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I just think I would rather hold onto Ruuta instead of getting a 7th for him right now. (or a lowly rated prospect). See if he can improve and maybe get more for him at the deadline.

How can you think a guy who wouldn't be picked up if waived is now worth a 7th, and potentially worth even more if we hang onto him?

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm confused about the point you're making.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

He's awful and slow... and wouldn't be claimed if waived, but 5 mins later you want to hold onto him to see if he can improve and return more at the deadline? Talking out of both sides of your mouth all the time...

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think it just signals Murphy is ready to play. It would be cool to see those kids come up though.
sure it does, Murphy will be ready to roll...but you also need to make sure there isn't a log jam of defenders there so these kids want to sign here. I obviously do not think Manning and Rutta would stop a young dman from signing here, but optics like clearing out these guys can go a long way if you have a 50-50 feel that Mitchell will sign this year...make the kids earn it, but give the room to do so.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I could see a team taking a flier on Rutta. That extra term on Manning sucks. If they retain 50% its as good as sending him to Rockford basically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad