Rutherford to Rossi: "You're a ****ing jerk. ... Your opinion is ****."

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
And thats the way the cookie crumbles. Seriously hiring Rutherford was a mistake, you should have kept the overly patient Shero.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hope Rossi loses his job, I hope he becomes homeless, and I hope people spit on him when he's begging for money on the street. I have zero tolerance for people like him. He's a parasite, who inexplicably gets paid to do something he has zero knowledge about and is completely unqualified to do, and does so by conducting himself in the most whiny, unprofessional manner possible.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I hope Rossi loses his job, I hope he becomes homeless, and I hope people spit on him when he's begging for money on the street. I have zero tolerance for people like him. He's a parasite, who inexplicably gets paid to do something he has zero knowledge about and is completely unqualified to do, and does so by conducting himself in the most whiny, unprofessional manner possible.

Damn, tell us how you really feel.

Rossi doesn't bother me because I just ignore him. Whenever he pulls **** like this I think it's hilarious.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ForrestGumpTomHanksLSParamount_article_story_large.jpg

vs.

rain-man-o.gif

It's on baby, it's on!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And thats the way the cookie crumbles. Seriously hiring Rutherford was a mistake, you should have kept the overly patient Shero.

Um no, because under Shero, we'd just end up having prospects just wait until they are UFAs and run away real fast or they'd get dumped for a late pick.

Also, Bylsma.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014

Did you see the idiotic comments he got on his article? It's not everyone. Maybe everyone here? But then there's DD who's still in love with the old management. :laugh:

Brandon W · Top Commenter · Kitchener, Ontario
Well said Rossi.. You and I are a lot alike. We speak our minds, we are die hard fans and we rip this team when it deserves it. We both know how bad this pens team really is.. Rutherford killed this team even more when he took over. The Neal deal WOW... We need goals and this guy can shoot and score. Despes in Anaheim is playing like a franchise stud.. But hey fans we got lovejoy and you all loved it..
Thank god Friday is nearing this mess of a team season will be over and come Monday morning Mario must resign his position as he is too involved and emotional.. Let Burkle clean house of anyone and perhaps everyone.. Malkin, Sid, coach MJ, JR, Letang full out clean house bring it on... Our core sucks and our depth is lackluster.

Thanks Rossi for another fantastic article.. I love your brutal honesty..
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 11 minutes ago

Geno Kubancsek
Rossi has done it again! Proved what an idiot Mario was in hiring an asssshole! Rutherford is garbage, way too old and doesnt deserve what we have here! Go get em Dan, im behind you 100%.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 19 minutes ago

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
Um no, because under Shero, we'd just end up having prospects just wait until they are UFAs and run away real fast or they'd get dumped for a late pick.

Also, Bylsma.

Perhaps, but at least you got your value out of your prospects instead of shipping them off for canned meat like you did with DS now he might come June practice his cup-hoisting skills while you see to face early elimination.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
This is how the Assistant Sports Editor is justifying printing an off the record story:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Rutherford was dumb, and my journalism degree says that Rossi's column is absolute garbage. He wrote a story about the GM's comments. Write about the game instead of your personal opinions on the GM. Write about that in the offseason. You're making yourself the story and frankly, I don't give a ****. I do give a **** about hockey.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
If i ever meet Rossi i would freak because it would be like in Encounter of the Turd Kind!

That steaming pile of **** is way too responsible for global warming.

The only way Rossi could be useful is if his b job was to blow toad lickin' goats, thus distracting the doped animals from doing mischief and such.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This is awesome and i agree. Takes the sting of the Desi trade away a little bit.

Good ol' JR. Heh.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
The Rossi hate here is ridiculous. It's not off the record if you yell it in the middle of a crowded room?

From the way DK described it, it sounded off the record to me, in terms of journalism ethics. I get the impression that there's a lot of stuff like this that goes on that is officially or unofficially deemed off the record, and writing about it like this is a jerk move.

I mean just as an example, if anyone was watching that Periscope thing the other day, they had live footage of a Crosby game day interview and as the scrum broke up, he got nasty with a reporter about how they believed he went offside on purpose in Game One. None of that made it into any quotes or official footage of the interview and Crosby didn't realize he was still being recorded; the live feed cut out right after. He did it in a room full of people but considered that off the record, and the reporters respected that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Perhaps, but at least you got your value out of your prospects instead of shipping them off for canned meat like you did with DS now he might come June practice his cup-hoisting skills while you see to face early elimination.

Oh right, I forgot about the two 2nds for Murray, the Morrow for Morrow deal and the 1st + 2 FWD Prospects for Iginla.

When you talk about Shero, you lump Bylsma with him because they were a package deal of idiocy.

Amazing value. My bad.

Why get Rutherford when we could have had Tanner Glass re-sign for 3yrs, Craig Adams re-upped for another 2yrs, and maybe bring Mark Eaton back because why the **** not?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Rossi is a very poor journalist by any measure. And yes he should be called out for his inadequate grasp of hockey. The trib should fire him for his actually saying he missed the first two games but so what, it doesn't matter that I can still comment on games I didn't see. JR doesn't care to allow some two bit punk to have any format that is biased and one sided due to his boy being fired. The Pens should pull his Press pass and not allow him access to anything.

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015

Also, Bylsma.

Oh right, I forgot about the two 2nds for Murray, the Morrow for Morrow deal and the 1st + 2 FWD Prospects for Iginla.

When you talk about Shero, you lump Bylsma with him because they were a package deal of idiocy.

Amazing value. My bad.

Why get Rutherford when we could have had Tanner Glass re-sign for 3yrs, Craig Adams re-upped for another 2yrs, and maybe bring Mark Eaton back because why the **** not?

Those two won you a Stanley Cup, I would show some gratitude. And yeah two second rounders for Douglas Murray was a bad deal, but you had a hole and needed a steady defender with a mean streak and he was the best availble. Rutherford is not genius so I would be worried about the future if I were you.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Rossi is a straight up steaming pile of ****, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of what he's been saying this year has been right. Like it or not, if we want change in this org, we need guys like Rossi to yell it from the rooftops, and get behind them publicly/on social media, etc, while not buying Pens products/tickets either.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I have a feeling JR will be stepping down after the season. Something tells me he's had it with this organization

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I hate Rossi but I don't blame him for this. Gets blasted in front of a bunch of other people. Nothing off the record about that if you ask me. Might as well fire back in the best way you can.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
all the negative stuff rossi has written since the pens canned his friends shero/bylsma has been pretty accurrate, to be honest.

who really cares about rossi anyway. what he says has little impact on the penguins. rutherford is terrible gm that is further ruining this team. he's the one that should draw ire, not some loser columnist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad