Rutherford to Rossi: "You're a ****ing jerk. ... Your opinion is ****."

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
JR has run this team into the ground in record time... and managed to mortgage the future in the process. He's gotta go.. ASAP.

The guy is just downright reckless.

Lovejoy / Despres trade and the cap insanity are fireable offenses.

I hated when they brought in JR and now everyone is seeing why. He's incompetent.

I wouldn't say the bolded is entirely accurate:

Maata
Pouliot
Harrington
Domoulin
Kapanen
Sundqvist
Murray
Jarry
Brought in Ian Cole and David Perron

These are just the top end prospects/players.

Yes, the Desi trade was bad but he didn't mortgage the future.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm not even sure why it would be Guerin over Botterill anyway. Not that I want either of them to be the next GM.

Seriously. What the hell has Guerin done that warrants him becoming a General Manger in the National Hockey League? Why does this team value experience except where it actually matters?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Maata
Pouliot
Harrington
Domoulin
Kapanen
Sundqvist
Murray
Jarry

These are just the top end prospects/players.

I think Rust, Wilson, and Megna will be decent bottom-6'ers too. I just don't know if they all fit in on our team.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Maata
Pouliot
Harrington
Domoulin
Kapanen
Sundqvist
Murray
Jarry

These are just the top end prospects.

That's a weak-ass argument. We have 1 pick in the first four rounds in this draft. We have two forwards with any sort of upside.

The future is mortgaged alright. We're one of the four oldest teams in the NHL this season and a lot of the older guys are under contract beyond this year.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Exactly. All the more reason to be more prudent this year. Instead, we'll be the one kid without a date for the prom on draft day.
Not only that, but the Perron move has been a huge bust. So we gave up a 1st rounder for basically 0 production down the stretch.

I don't doubt that any of the kids in WBS such as Rust.. or Bennett for that matter could have matched Perron's production down the stretch, even though that's not saying much.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
He made one bad trade. He had an Ehrhoff signing that would have been solid had he not been injured so often and used appropriately. He traded a first for a young, scoring winger who has been injured and gone cold. Outside of that, JR has had some signings and trades that have been average-good for this team. This franchise has issues, but they aren't all of JR's doing.
young winger? I would not call perron young. 21-23 is young
martin, ehrhoff, scuds and adams are still on the team.
after letting 2 defense men walk last yr for nothing, you think that he would try to get something from any of those guys before they walk. and knowing all this to give away one of the kids that was doing a good job to replace your loss....aaeeeeyyaaaa!
I need some duct tape. my head just exploded.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
He made one bad trade. He had an Ehrhoff signing that would have been solid had he not been injured so often and used appropriately. He traded a first for a young, scoring winger who has been injured and gone cold. Outside of that, JR has had some signings and trades that have been average-good for this team. This franchise has issues, but they aren't all of JR's doing.
One bad trade? Seriously?

Here are JR's moves.. besides Neal trade (which I consider a wash). Lets see your ratings.. here are mine:
MOVE | RATING
Ehroff UFA | 6 / 10
Spaling Contract | 6.5 / 10
Comeau UFA | 9 / 10
Downie UFA | 7 / 10
Winnik Trade | 3 / 10
Perron Trade | 5 / 10
Lovejoy Trade | 1 / 10
Fleury Extension | 7 / 10
Cole Trade | 9 / 10

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Here are JR's moves.. besides Neal trade (which I consider a wash). Lets see your ratings.. here are mine:
MOVE | RATING
Ehroff UFA | 6 / 10
Comeau UFA | 9 / 10
Downie UFA | 7 / 10
Winnik Trade | 3 / 10
Perron Trade | 5 / 10
Lovejoy Trade | 1 / 10
Cole Trade | 9 / 10

For someone who acts like every move Rutherford has made killed the franchise, it's pretty funny that you only gave 2 moves a 'bad' rating.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

MOVE | RATING
Ehroff UFA | 6 / 10
Comeau UFA | 9 / 10
Downie UFA | 7 / 10
Winnik Trade | 3 / 10
Perron Trade | 5 / 10
Lovejoy Trade | 1 / 10
Cole Trade | 9 / 10

your being far too generous on the lovejoy trade. imo

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
That's a weak-ass argument. We have 1 pick in the first four rounds in this draft. We have two forwards with any sort of upside.

The future is mortgaged alright. We're one of the four oldest teams in the NHL this season and a lot of the older guys are under contract beyond this year.

And take out Sid and Geno, our present day has been sold as well.

Crosberry87

Oct 9, 2008
USA

MOVE | RATING
Ehroff UFA | 6 / 10
Comeau UFA | 9 / 10
Downie UFA | 7 / 10
Winnik Trade | 3 / 10
Perron Trade | 5 / 10
Lovejoy Trade | 1 / 10
Cole Trade | 9 / 10

Ehrhoff: D
Spaling contract: D-
Comeau: C-
Downie: B-
Winnik: F
Perron: C-
Lovejoy: F
MAF: B-
Cole: B+

GPA = 1.66 (D)

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
The Fluery deal is on par with signing Downie, 2 notches below the Cole deal and Comeau signing, and just barely better than the Spaling deal? C'mon son...
Put the Fleury deal at an 8 or 9.. still won't move the average much. JR's decision making has been questionable.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

MOVE | RATING
Ehroff UFA | 6 / 10
Comeau UFA | 9 / 10
Downie UFA | 7 / 10
Winnik Trade | 3 / 10
Perron Trade | 5 / 10
Lovejoy Trade | 1 / 10
Cole Trade | 9 / 10

Throwing numbers at a board means nothing. But the poster that said you already have your mind made up is right. You're basing your argument off an opinion that you've already formulated without taking account of the facts.

The Perron trade, we got a guy who went cold(like Neal did) and is injured. He is a known commodity and will average around 50 points or more per year. He's relatively young and is something the Pens could HOPE to get with a 1st round pick later in Sid and Geno's careers.

JR gets a lot of flack for Ehrhoff, but much of that is hindsight due to injury and misuse by MJ. We all though that Ehrhoff was an extra Dman we didn't need, yet we're still going into the playoffs with less Dmen than we need.

The Hornqvist trade was needed. He is more of a playoff player than we got with Neal, and it shows. Good trade for a team that needs a culture change, and they got a vanilla guy in Spaling who just plays mistake free hockey.

The Despres trade doesn't need to be discussed. We all know it was terrible and this team would be much better off with Despres on their back end in this series.

Outside of that, the Winnik deal is the one I really disagree with. He's still producing at a normal clip for his career, he's replacing Adams in the lineup, and he's a big player that this team needed up front. Hopefully we can re-sign him at a reasonable salary.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
young winger? I would not call perron young. 21-23 is young
martin, ehrhoff, scuds and adams are still on the team.
after letting 2 defense men walk last yr for nothing, you think that he would try to get something from any of those guys before they walk. and knowing all this to give away one of the kids that was doing a good job to replace your loss....aaeeeeyyaaaa!
I need some duct tape. my head just exploded.

JR didn't let Orpik and Niskanen walk, Shero did. Those players' values were minimal in the offseason. Martin and Ehrhoff both were needed on this team with the injuries sustained. Scuderi and Adams were inherited by Shero, and Adams isn't even playing. 26 is still young; Perron will be playing for as long as Sid and Malkin are worth their contracts.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
JR didn't let Orpik and Niskanen walk, Shero did. Those players' values were minimal in the offseason. Martin and Ehrhoff both were needed on this team with the injuries sustained. Scuderi and Adams were inherited by Shero, and Adams isn't even playing. 26 is still young; Perron will be playing for as long as Sid and Malkin are worth their contracts.
that's right shero did. but you need to be aware of the mistakes that where made by the dummy you are replacing and why you are replacing him. so that you don't repeat the same stupidity. the injuries happened after most of those guy should of been GONE!

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
that's right shero did. but you need to be aware of the mistakes that where made by the dummy you are replacing and why you are replacing him. so that you don't repeat the same stupidity. the injuries happened after most of those guy should of been GONE!

Exactly! Just because Shero did something doesn't mean good 'ol JR could simply ignore everything that his predecessor did. When you inherit something, you literally inherit something. It's now up to you to fix what's broken and don't break what's fixed.

Rutherford did the opposite.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Throwing numbers at a board means nothing. But the poster that said you already have your mind made up is right. You're basing your argument off an opinion that you've already formulated without taking account of the facts.

The Perron trade, we got a guy who went cold(like Neal did) and is injured. He is a known commodity and will average around 50 points or more per year. He's relatively young and is something the Pens could HOPE to get with a 1st round pick later in Sid and Geno's careers.

JR gets a lot of flack for Ehrhoff, but much of that is hindsight due to injury and misuse by MJ. We all though that Ehrhoff was an extra Dman we didn't need, yet we're still going into the playoffs with less Dmen than we need.

The Hornqvist trade was needed. He is more of a playoff player than we got with Neal, and it shows. Good trade for a team that needs a culture change, and they got a vanilla guy in Spaling who just plays mistake free hockey.

The Despres trade doesn't need to be discussed. We all know it was terrible and this team would be much better off with Despres on their back end in this series.

Outside of that, the Winnik deal is the one I really disagree with. He's still producing at a normal clip for his career, he's replacing Adams in the lineup, and he's a big player that this team needed up front. Hopefully we can re-sign him at a reasonable salary.

Everything you posted above is your opinion, hardly fact and I disagree with nearly all of it.

I can't argue the Perron trade since at the time I was ok with it. I Still wish we had traded for a bigger forward with more speed though. Since if he does go cold, he could still have added much needed grit.

Hated the Ehrhoff signing. Complete waste of cap space for another PMD. This isn't hindsight since it was said by many at the time of signing. Now, a year later. We still have to get Harringon and Dumo playing time to see what we have.

Neal trade was bad since Spaling was the second piece. We didn't need another soft, non descript forward that doesn't excel in any one area.

Despres trade???? My mind was *****. Black is white, good is bad and going gay is now an option.

Hated Winnik. I didn't know much about the guy except what I was told from others description of the guy. Not very physical, not a scorer, not skilled and better than Adams. Well Better than Adams is now on the first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad