Rutherford to Rossi: "You're a ****ing jerk. ... Your opinion is ****."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Pierre was such a good judge of talent, he would be a scout already. There's a reason he has no GM job or any job with a team.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
He's an armchair GM, nothing more. Why people have such a hard on for the guy is beyond me. There's a reason as to why he hasn't been hired by an NHL team after all these years.

See below. It's about the money. He routinely calls steals in the draft. Parise, Maatta, etc... When he goes on about how a team just got a steal, he's usually right.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
They should do a Mortal Kombat special edition on PS4 where you could unlock characters like McGuire, Madden and Rossi.

Rossi's death move could be 'dhiarrea from above'...

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
That's cause at the time it really wasn't a bad signing lol. Once again, hindsight is always 20/20. No one here would've ever anticipated Ehrhoff having this rough of a season.

Not true, the moment someone puts on a Pens jersey they are immediately diagnosed with a concussion and will have at least one other unexplainable injury during the year on top of anything hockey related that comes their way.

I'm pretty sure that was written in to the most recent CBA (in invisible ink) as a trade off for uncle Gary fixing the Crosby lottery for us.

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
Not true, the moment someone puts on a Pens jersey they are immediately diagnosed with a concussion and will have at least one other unexplainable injury during the year on top of anything hockey related that comes their way.

I'm pretty sure that was written in to the most recent CBA (in invisible ink) as a trade off for uncle Gary fixing the Crosby lottery for us.

Hahhaha. Invisible ink and such. Welll Ehrhoff is a decent defender, but I think people expected a bit much from him. He is second pairing which means he has at least a major weakness in his game.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
This organization is such a gong show right now.

So the rumours are that GMJR is gone and Guerin is the top choice? Really? I love me some Billy Guerin but wtf? "Hey let's fire our crappy GM and coach. THEN, replace them with a GM who will only last a year and a coach with ZERO NHL coaching experience. We can get them to fix this ridiculous dumpster fire. When it doesnt happen in one season, lets fire that GM and replace him with someone with ZERO experience... who will likely fire the current coach and hire someone else .... maybe Don Cherry *chuckle chuckle* This'll be fun to watch."

This whole organization doesn't have any clue from top to bottom. It's actually kind of amazing really. To go from one of the best teams in the league to one step away from being the laughing stock of the league.

Go Pens GO!!!!!!!!!

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
This organization is such a gong show right now.

So the rumours are that GMJR is gone and Guerin is the top choice? Really? I love me some Billy Guerin but wtf? "Hey let's fire our crappy GM and coach. THEN, replace them with a GM who will only last a year and a coach with ZERO NHL coaching experience. We can get them to fix this ridiculous dumpster fire. When it doesnt happen in one season, lets fire that GM and replace him with someone with ZERO experience... who will likely fire the current coach and hire someone else .... maybe Don Cherry *chuckle chuckle* This'll be fun to watch."

This whole organization doesn't have any clue from top to bottom. It's actually kind of amazing really. To go from one of the best teams in the league to one step away from being the laughing stock of the league.

Go Pens GO!!!!!!!!!

Why get all up in arms over a rumor?

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I feel like it's worth mentioning that no one threw shade on our story yesterday. Not one member of the mainstream media.

Also, worth clarifying that this has nothing to do with the confrontation. The timing of the post was mere coincidence.

I believe people that post here or bloggers more than I do the "mainstream media".

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
I feel like it's worth mentioning that no one threw shade on our story yesterday. Not one member of the mainstream media.

Also, worth clarifying that this has nothing to do with the confrontation. The timing of the post was mere coincidence.

Why Guerin though as the replacement?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

Was it always the plan for him to just be here a year?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I get that the plan called for good ol' JR to be here for 1-2 years, and then one of the stooges would take over.

But damnit, plans change. When a team has the kind of spiral of a second half like we did, and when a team goes from one of the top Cup contenders to one of the teams going nowhere quickly, then you HAVE to call an audible!

So, hopefully there's still time to shake things up. Hopefully Guerin hasn't been PROMISED anything yet.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not even sure why it would be Guerin over Botterill anyway. Not that I want either of them to be the next GM.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Is there any chance at all that Morehouse would want to work for the Hilary campaign and you know, leave his post on the Pens?

*blind hope*

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I get that the plan called for good ol' JR to be here for 1-2 years, and then one of the stooges would take over.

But damnit, plans change. When a team has the kind of spiral of a second half like we did, and when a team goes from one of the top Cup contenders to one of the teams going nowhere quickly, then you HAVE to call an audible!

So, hopefully there's still time to shake things up. Hopefully Guerin hasn't been PROMISED anything yet.
JR has run this team into the ground in record time... and managed to mortgage the future in the process. He's gotta go.. ASAP.

The guy is just downright reckless.

Lovejoy / Despres trade and the cap insanity are fireable offenses.

I hated when they brought in JR and now everyone is seeing why. He's incompetent.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
JR has run this team into the ground in record time... and managed to mortgage the future in the process. He's gotta go.. ASAP.

I hated when they brought in JR and now everyone is seeing why. He's incompetent.

Shero didn't leave them with much future in the first place.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

He made one bad trade. He had an Ehrhoff signing that would have been solid had he not been injured so often and used appropriately. He traded a first for a young, scoring winger who has been injured and gone cold. Outside of that, JR has had some signings and trades that have been average-good for this team. This franchise has issues, but they aren't all of JR's doing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
cassius has his mind made up. JR ruined this team in record fashion. That's his opinion and he is sticking with it. Not much of a point in debating him on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad