News Article: Rutherford and Johnston are staying. Both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Link isn't working for me. What does it say?

Basically inferring that Morehouse might go because the statements from Mario/Burkle only specified JR/MJ.
Says he has inside sources.

He's a horrible writer, but it's a nice notion.

I've wondered if due to the election campaign starting, if DM might go back to political consulting. You never know.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure who I'd want as Team President. Certainly a former player and preferably one from outside the organization for some fresh eyes on the situation. But Pittsburgh is a tough sell for someone with no ties or history here.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Lmao oh it's that Eamon Alexander dude.

Why do I know that name? He had some other idiotic rumor last offseason, didn't he?

In any event, while I'd drive Morehouse to the airport if it got him out of here, I'm not warming up the car based on the word of @ironcityice

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Why do I know that name? He had some other idiotic rumor last offseason, didn't he?

In any event, while I'd drive Morehouse to the airport if it got him out of here, I'm not warming up the car based on the word of @ironcityice

Yes his rumors are just rumors, nothing more.

That said, I hope to **** he's right about this.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Who would be the team president then?

You know it realistically could just fast track Rutherford out of the GM spot and likely into that role while promoting Botterill to the GM job.

Outside of the Rutherford thing, the rest of that scares me a lot. I have zero trust in Botterill and Billy G at this point.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Who would be the team president then?

You know it realistically could just fast track Rutherford out of the GM spot and likely into that role while promoting Botterill to the GM job.

Outside of the Rutherford thing, the rest of that scares me a lot. I have zero trust in Botterill and Billy G at this point.

It was cool when he was the team president of the Canes. Because, he had no impact on trades which is nice.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm not even that positive. I think they're going to have to dedicate themselves to at least a three year mini rebuild before they can even sniff a finals appearance. Frankly I don't even think our youth is very good compared to other teams.

They don't have three years for a mini rebuild. Three years is the window unless we get lucky with a few draft picks.

They've got to give Bennett a decent go of things, even if they don't believe in him. His value's probably a 2nd if we're lucky so we might as well find out what he is.

Keep him or trade him for an equal prospect on a similar path. Cough Kassian Cough.

I think a huge reason for Bennett's less than stellar play is that he plays terrified to **** up every time he's on the ice. He doesn't know what will get him benched, or if he'll get another shot, so he plays to not mess up and it crushes his game.

Like DV said, a sit down with the kid and a bit of confidence boosting "Listen, it's your time to prove yourself." type of talk would go a loooong way.

Give him 40 games in the top six as a third wheel with Sid or Geno. See what happens.

Here's what I don't get. He was given chances in the top 6 at times but couldn't force anyone's hand to keep him there. He was excellent with Downie and Sutter...then faded. I really think they were looking for consistency and just did not see it. You can give him 7-8 games at most 10...40? No. That's just not going to happen. Not unless he lights it up. And if he doesn't do it by game 8-9...he's done like dinner. You don't just get to "give" someone 40 games in the top 6. I doubt you see ANY team in the league doing that for similar players.

This is the Tangradi discussion allllll over again. Bottom line, Bennett needs to establish himself early and force the coach to keep him there. Does he have the talent, most likely. Will he...hard to tell. History indicates he won't. And that's okay, cup teams have guys like Bennett performing well and providing secondary scoring on the 3rd line.

The biggest thing he needs to work on is flexibility in the line up. He is garbage on the left wing, decent on the right wing. He can't force the coaches to talk "well so and so is out at left wing...who can fill it...well Bennett...but he only plays well on the right side." That's a conversation he can't allow to happen. And when it comes right down to it, he needs to produce. He just doesn't put up the numbers. He needs to.

Probably a guy like Perron who has lots of skill and can create on his own. He will offer the 1st in 2016 for him.

What about TJ Oshie? Oshie and Perron, statistically, are very comparable players. 1st+Rust/Wilson/Megna/etc...or perhaps 2nd+Spaling?

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was cool when he was the team president of the Canes. Because, he had no impact on trades which is nice.

To be fair, I don't think he has impact on most of the trades he made this past season either.

It's clear it's a committee of Botterill, Guerin, Lemieux, Moorehouse, and whomever others that gets them their vote.

The entire Pens management reminded me of an episode of Silicon Valley that just aired. Where the 3 of them go into the board room and say they will vote to out vote the idiot and his gf...that entire scene, it's probably the Pens brain-trust. Someone ganging up on the unpopular vote just to spite someone else and what not.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I don't know who that dude is, but he's not the first to float the idea that Morehouse may have worn out his welcome here. There are some really important parts of the team that are really unhappy with him, from what I've heard.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The thing is if we are pissed you can only imagine how Crosby and Malkin feel. And that may make a difference. They pissed away a lot of money and the primes of their careers to sign long term with the Pens. I doubt that they will sit by and not say a thing with the clown show that is going on.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
The thing is if we are pissed you can only imagine how Crosby and Malkin feel. And that may make a difference. They pissed away a lot of money and the primes of their careers to sign long term with the Pens. I doubt that they will sit by and not say a thing with the clown show that is going on.

Are they really though? Both may be very content, they each have a cup and international success with a buttload of money.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Are they really though? Both may be very content, they each have a cup and international success with a buttload of money.

They could have gotten a lot more going FA. I never got the impression that it was ever about the money for either of them. Not the maximum money they could have gotten anyways. It was about winning. These past few years had to have killed them. And they can not be happy with how this team has been put together.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
:laugh:

That's pure gold.

I propose conspiracy theories for our next playoff avatars

a0298911276_2.jpg

lpc.jpg

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Eamon alexander made up a bunch of questionable rumors during the trade deadline. Said we were in on Foligno or something similar to that. seems like he made it up.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Basically inferring that Morehouse might go because the statements from Mario/Burkle only specified JR/MJ.
Says he has inside sources.

He's a horrible writer, but it's a nice notion.

I've wondered if due to the election campaign starting, if DM might go back to political consulting. You never know.
Oh it wasn't just me then, that piece were really hard to read ...

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
If Mario/Burkle really are unhappy with Morehouse, they deserve it....if they were really naive to think that Morehouse could do a good job with zero hockey experience. Just unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad