News: Russo: Guerin looking to make significant moves

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
It feels like Brodin for Trocheck as a base is there if both teams want it. Vegas seems to be clearing some room so maybe they take a run at Dumba/Brodin? Have a couple younger centers that may entice the Wild depending on what the entire return is.

The Wild would likely move Koivu with retention for a mid pick if he agrees to go. To who, I don’t know.

The Islanders are supposedly interested in Parise again but I have no idea what that would look like. I cannot fathom how that would make sense for the Wild now or down the road but who knows.

Beyond that, I don’t see anything else of substance that moves the needle. I think a lot of teams would give up good assets for Foligno but ultimately they likely view him as needed in the room next year if they are going to shake things up. Galchenyuk maybe gets flipped again for, something? Donato seems like a solid enough flier for a team to take a chance on for very little that has more control than a pending UFA.

All in all, I don’t see the Wild moving Brodin/Dumba right now unless they get what they need at the center spot to build around. It doesn’t feel like Guerin will tear it all down by Monday but we’ll see.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
someone, somewhere, said there is ONE team interested in parise and if they sell this to him like "okay buddy, get ready to spend the next seven years of your life in the bottom fifth of the league" he might waive. but if he decides he doesn't like the new place either and just retires we would be sooooooo boned.

you will likely eventually have compliance buyout

other option is if he retires
you tack on a few mil and give him a multi (10) yr consultancy gig [no/minimal show] in lieu of the contract

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nothing that wasn't said in the radio interview, but it's in print here.
  • Team has an understanding with Koivu that he'll come to them if he's comfortable waiving. Russo seems to think it'd have to be for a contender, which seems unlikely. I kind of wonder if he wouldn't waive for Fletcher's Flyers, though.
  • There's an Eastern Conference team (rumored to be the Islanders) that's at least sniffing around Parise, who's previously expressed concern about sticking with the team if they go into any kind of rebuild.
  • Doesn't sound like he wants to trade either Brodin or Dumba, but is listening if someone's willing to move a 1C or 2C+.
  • They've expressed interest in Trocheck, but if Brodin has to go the other way Guerin would likely want more coming back with Trocheck.
  • Teams have interest in Foligno. Donato's been in and out of the lineup. Galchenyuk's the only expiring UFA besides Koivu.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Here's what is going to happen:

Vegas sends 1st + B prospect for Barrie and and re-signs him on the spot 7M x 5y.

Toronto uses Vegas's first + Robertson to trade for Jeff Petry.

Montreal trades Domi for Dumba.

Minny extends Domi 6 M x 6y.

It's the busiest deadline ever.

Zero chance the TML trade Robertson.

Second, Petry is not what we need although a fine player.

If the TML do trade Barrie, happy to do that for the first plus then we would flip that first plus additional picks or players not named Liljegren, Sandin, Robertson, Abramov.

I would be willing to trade Dermott as part of a package that gets us a controlled under 30 RHD that can play top 4. I don’t mean a fringe top 4 either.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Zero chance the TML trade Robertson.

Second, Petry is not what we need although a fine player.

If the TML do trade Barrie, happy to do that for the first plus then we would flip that first plus additional picks or players not named Liljegren, Sandin, Robertson, Abramov.

I would be willing to trade Dermott as part of a package that gets us a controlled under 30 RHD that can play top 4. I don’t mean a fringe top 4 either.
Only problem here is I don't see any team trading a top 4 RHD with term only for a late first + spare parts. Maybe Vegas's first + Toronto's 2021 first or 2 x 2nd (ex: Harmonic trade) for a team in full rebuild.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Will VAN fans get it through their head that MN doesn't want Stecher? He's a decent Dman, but MN has guys in the AHL who need big league time.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I wonder if the Leafs are more interested in Stall/Koivu than Brodin/Dumba because of price.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It has to be a better center than Gaudette.

Just curious.. how good of a centre do you think Dumba can fetch? Just my opinion but I don’t think he can fetch a 1C. What is an example of a centre that you think is realistic?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Only problem here is I don't see any team trading a top 4 RHD with term only for a late first + spare parts. Maybe Vegas's first + Toronto's 2021 first or 2 x 2nd (ex: Harmonic trade) for a team in full rebuild.

That’s fine but obviously with the conditions on our 2020 1st it may be an issue.

Basically I would be looking at something like this if we were to get the Vegas first plus.

Manson or Dumba

for

TML
2020 1st from Vegas
Dermott-Redundant as Sandin will be our 3rd pairing LHD
2020 nd becomes a 2021 first if the TML reach the ECF
pkus if the team wants Bracco maybe the conditions are waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad