News: Russo: Guerin looking to make significant moves

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
No way he can move Parise.

I think Koivu should be traded to either Tampa, Boston, Washington or Pittsburgh. Would think Pittsburgh is the best fit.

Reactions: Morrison

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If the Leafs can’t make it work for adding a d-man of significance, I’d like them to look at adding Koivu to shore up their third line. Talk about having a true shut down centre.

You can have Jordan Staal with all his Canadian character instead. Bring him home

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
They won’t be moving Parise unless Guerin has nudes of another manager.

Russo said that the same team that was calling about Parise last year is calling about him again. Won't say which team it is though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who the hell would trade for Parise with the contract he has? Retaining money isn't going to help anything, the problem is that he's at an age where players start falling off and he has a shitload of years left on his deal. Parise may not be overpaid right now if the Wild retain some money, but he's going to be overpaid even at 50% in a couple of years.

It's why moving long and cheaper contracts is harder than expensive but short contracts. You can retain money, you can't retain years. Parise is old enough and signed for long enough that no one should want him even at 50%.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Who the hell would trade for Parise with the contract he has? Retaining money isn't going to help anything, the problem is that he's at an age where players start falling off and he has a shitload of years left on his deal. Parise may not be overpaid right now if the Wild retain some money, but he's going to be overpaid even at 50% in a couple of years.
Someone with a similarly awful contract to send back? We saw Milan Lucic get traded last summer. We're through the looking glass.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would Koivu fetch?

Flyers have some near ready NHL prospects.

Koivu wouldn’t fetch much I’d bet, maybe a 2nd at most, a 3rd, something like that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even if they're trying to move Parise, those types of trades happen in the summer, not the trade deadline.

Reactions: Morrison

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Even if they're trying to move Parise, those types of trades happen in the summer, not the trade deadline.

Someone is literally asking about him for the second year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone is literally asking about him for the second year
I believe it. It's still a trade that happens in the summer. Not saying it's impossible, but you just don't see guys with that kind of term moved at the deadline, when a lot of teams are counting pennies to stay under the cap.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Someone with a similarly awful contract to send back? We saw Milan Lucic get traded last summer. We're through the looking glass.

I can think of like 5 players with contracts as bad as Parise's who may trade that guy for Parise. Not exactly a thriving market, especially considering Parise would probably block trades to a lot of the teams I'm thinking of.

I think Lucic, Seabrook, Neal, Turris and Skinner (he's been so bad this year that he should be on this list) are the only guys I can think of quickly that have as bad contracts as Parise does. Maybe Nashville would do Turris for Parise, which Parise may say yes to, but I doubt he'd waive for the other teams.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I can think of like 5 players with contracts as bad as Parise's who may trade that guy for Parise. Not exactly a thriving market, especially considering Parise would probably block trades to a lot of the teams I'm thinking of.

I get that you're probably looking at 3 or 4 years from now, but Parise isn't Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson or Okposo yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad