Russian U20 team

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Guess this thread will be started sooner or later. So let it be sooner.

Friendly

Czech - Russia 0-3.

23.04 Apalkov (Kosov, Rukavishnikov)
25.08 Gusev (Kucherov, Zheldakov)
55.07 Gurkin (Galimov)

There will be another game tomorrow (as far as I remember)

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
Is Marchenko on the team? Is there a link to the roster?

of course,

here (Google translate):
Goalkeepers: Kostenko ("Metallurg" H), Eremin ("Atlas").
Defenders: Marchenko, Ozhiganov (both - CSKA), Antipin ("Metallurg" Mg), Rukavishnikov ("Atlas"), Gurkin, Isangulov (both - "Salavat Yulaev"), Zheldakov ("Spartacus"), Arzamastsev ("Metallurg" hk), Nesterov ("Tractor").
Forwards: Gusev, Kucherov (both - CSKA), Cartan ("Salavat Yulaev"), Apal'kov, Kosov, Potekhin (all - "Metallurg" Mg), Shalunov ("Traktor"), Kulikov, Galimov (both - "Neftekhimik") , Zemchenko ("Severstal"), Snuritsyn ("Lokomotiv").

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Solid roster of KHL/MHL guys.

Bragin said around 5 CHL players will likely be added for WJC-U20. I think Grigorenko might be too young (1994). Kabanov wants to play, but must first prove himself with a productive upcoming season.

:dunno:
Potekhin - Namestnikov - Kuznetsov
Lyubimov - Khokhlachev - Yakupov
Gusev - Telegin - Kucherov
Galiev - Apalkov - Zemchenko

Marchenko - Ozhiganov
Arzamastsev - Isangulov
Antipin - Gurkin
whoever - whoever

Makarov
Kostenko

Fulcrum

Some kind of a new Russian trend for the past couple of years, Russia getting out shot- even by weaker opponents. They still win a lot, but anyway:

Shots: 38 Czechs- Russia- 27
Pentalties: Czechs 18 Russia 30

I think it just comes down to individual skill and finishing, Russia's least problem, and Defense being the most problematic.

Fulcrum

Solid roster of KHL/MHL guys.

Bragin said around 5 CHL players will likely be added for WJC-U20. I think Grigorenko might be too young (1994). Kabanov wants to play, but must first prove himself with a productive upcoming season.

:dunno:
Potekhin - Namestnikov - Kuznetsov
Telegin
- Khokhlachev - Yakupov
Gusev - Lyubimov - Kucherov
Galiev - Apalkov - Zemchenko

Marchenko - Ozhiganov
Arzamastsev - Isangulov
Antipin - Gurkin
whoever - whoever

Makarov
Kostenko

I would switch Lyubimov and Telegin, keep OHL and Red Army guys together for sure

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
Some kind of a new Russian trend for the past couple of years, Russia getting out shot- even by weaker opponents. They still win a lot, but anyway:

Shots: 38 Czechs- Russia- 27
Pentalties: Czechs 18 Russia 30

I think it just comes down to individual skill and finishing, Russia's least problem, and Defense being the most problematic.

Our players don't like to shoot, they like to pass.:laugh:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
A. Pedan has played for the Russians in the past.

If he starts having a big year in the OHL, does anyone think he may start getting a good look for this year's Team Russia entry?

Fulcrum

Gotta love FHR, how hard is it nowadays to get a guy with a camera, any camera and at least take some pictures. I'm not even talking TSN kind of coverage where they have daily features on their U20..

FFS

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Russia could skate a really good team this year.

by the way i made a tribute for Russia world junior team in buffalo 2011

Fulcrum

May be why not? Very important how will play season in Traktor. IMHO Remains in the shadow Kuznetsov...

Shalunov needs to step up this season. He had a poor season compared to his projected developement last year. Nothing to do with being in a shadow of Kuznetsov.

To me, he looks to have a pretty low hockey IQ and struggles to make good decisions on the ice.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Friendly

Czech - Russia 2-3.

Scorers for Russia:

09.31 Kartaev (Kucherov) (0-1)
39.12 Kartaev (Kucherov) (2-2)
48.45 Kucherov (Gusev, Kartaev) (2-3)

Can't say who scored for Czech because got their names in Russian only.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Kucherov is showing that U-18 explosion wasn't a fluke.

Russia is stacked when it comes to forwards but as always defense seems to be the weak link.

Fulcrum

Defense is weaker, but I wouldn't call it weak. It's as usual, we have good offensive defensme, and mediocre defensively.

Fulcrum

Is he similar to teammate Anton Burdasov? I noticed that of Burdasov at the WJC; great tools but no toolbox.

Yes, good comparison. When I watched them play for their MHL team, that was exactly the case. They would pull off something nice, but usually at the wrong time and couldn't finish what they started.

Too often you would find Shalunov trying to deke the defense and take a shot from the slot (most of the time unsuccessfully) while his team is changing lines..

Who knows, maybe coaches will teach him the "When" part.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hope, Kucherov will set another record - for WJHC. Would be interesting then to see all those explaining why he's a 2nd rounder...

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Kucherov is showing that U-18 explosion wasn't a fluke.

Russia is stacked when it comes to forwards but as always defense seems to be the weak link.

The defense will solid. However, for as good as Marchenko is, this year's team will be missing a player the level of Orlov...a guy who was able to, by himself, elevate the defense to a much higher level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad