Russian U20 team

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
Any fun predictions on who will be the highest scoring player on this team? tournament?

I would expect Kuznetsov to have good stats this tournament. I think Kucherov might surprise with goals again.

Kucherov, Kuznetsov, maybe Gusev. Kuznetsov looks not very good so far. Let's hope he will find his game soon.

Fulcrum

Kucherov-leader in goals, Kuznetsov- leader in points. But frankly speaking I think that for Kuzya this WJC might be not as impressive as it was last year cause he has nothing to prove. If Grigs is on the team and plays with Kucherov I expect Kucherov to be leader both in goals and points and even maybe the tournament's MVP.

Kuznetsov has to prove that last year was not just some puck-luck with lucky bounces and that Russia is indeed the best, undisputed, U20 team in the world. Ofcourse, they deserve the win last year, but in sports winning again is what really sets the best apart.

There are game winners, and there are legendary winners (Red Wings, CSKA Moscow - until now, Montreal, Manchester Utd. and so on).

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Whats the report on marchenko? Hes the number 1 Dman I'm pretty sure.

Any comments on his play so far, and what style of game he plays?

I've read he is a puck mover but with some edge to his game and willing to make a hit.

Hard to find info on this guy so maybe some Russian posters could chime in

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kuznetsov was injured, so maybe it is a reason why he is not so good so far

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
If I remember right, Kuznetsov wasn't allowed to skate or exercise much over the summer while his shoulder healed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad