Russian U20 team

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Looks like TB scouts did their homework when drafting Namestnikov and Kucherov in 2011 NHL draft in 1st and 2nd rounds. Kucherov said he wanted to stay in Russia until the 2014 winter Olympics are over, which may have put some NHL teams off.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Hope, Kucherov will set another record - for WJHC. Would be interesting then to see all those explaining why he's a 2nd rounder...
Ah.... who cares if he's a second rounder or seventh rounder or is not drafted at all. I will, for one, enjoy his season in CSKA this year, I believe he'll do very well and it will be like with Kuznetsov then with everybody asking "is he coming over this summer... is he?" etc.

KHL needs young stars even if they stay here for 2 years only...

Enliv

Aug 19, 2011
Hope, Kucherov will set another record - for WJHC. Would be interesting then to see all those explaining why he's a 2nd rounder...

Kucherov - top guy! NHL teams fear Russhian factor and not big player. perfect couple Grigorenko - great assist Kucherov - great sniper nothing amazing :)

Fulcrum

Kucherov - top guy! NHL teams fear Russhian factor and not big player. perfect couple Grigorenko - great assist Kucherov - great sniper nothing amazing :)

I don't follow... what?

As far as Marchenko, he has some qualities that are better than Orlov. He is bigger and can read the play much better than Orlov. If you watch his game- he has quiet a few interceptions.

He can also carry the puck in the zone much like Markov. He has a very solid shot and can QB a powerplay with good passes. He is hugely underrated in NA and was among the very last cuts to the U20 team last year.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I don't follow... what?

As far as Marchenko, he has some qualities that are better than Orlov. He is bigger and can read the play much better than Orlov. If you watch his game- he has quiet a few interceptions.

He can also carry the puck in the zone much like Markov. He has a very solid shot and can QB a powerplay with good passes. He is hugely underrated in NA and was among the very last cuts to the U20 team last year.

I agree, for me Marchenko has more potential than Orlov. The only thing Orlov has an edge is the slapshot (Marchenko doesn't have all this shooting abilities, although he is improving), in almost all other areas, including defensive coverage, Marchenko is superior.

Fulcrum

I agree, for me Marchenko has more potential than Orlov. The only thing Orlov has an edge is the slapshot (Marchenko doesn't have all this shooting abilities, although he is improving), in almost all other areas, including defensive coverage, Marchenko is superior.

Marchenko looks like he gained quiet a few lbs.. definately looks like an NHL frame. Fetisov looks small next to him..

http://photo.khl.ru/items/id438942#photo
http://photo.khl.ru/items/id438926#photo

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lol Russia - Finland 11-4.

Kuznetsov - 2, Snuritsyn - 2, Kartaev, Rukavishnikov, Potehin, Kulikov, Apal'kov, Arzamastsev, Galimov

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
what squad did finns have in this game? A/B?
Finland has about 2-3 players on the roster who have a good chance of making the WJC-team. But the result was awfull anyway...

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
As I said it wasn't our best team as well. But some guys (Kuznetsov) are locked to go to WJC

All this team need is:
1) another goalie
2) healthy Kuznetsov
3) 3 players from CSKA (Gusev, Kucherov, Marchenko)
And it's ready for WJC. Even without guys from CHL.:)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
All this team need is:
1) another goalie
2) healthy Kuznetsov
3) 3 players from CSKA (Gusev, Kucherov, Marchenko)
And it's ready for WJC. Even without guys from CHL.:)

You'd have to have half a brain to leave Yakupov, and Nemestnikov off. I understands last years success with largely MHL roster, but other than Kuznetsov, Tarasenko Orlov and a couple others with decent showings like Kitsyn, Sobchenko, Burdasov the rest of the team were not a significant contributors by any stretch.

pouskin74*

That I already knew. I've been posting in his thread so many times already. But, what I wanted to say is where's Grigorenko in the early Russia U20 roster proposals made by other posters?

i think Grigorenko will not make a team. But guys like Yakupov, Namestnikov,Khohlachev,Pedan, Galiev, Telegin, Kabanov should help if they get invitation. All depends on Bragin. He is the man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad