Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Game-17.png

*Time listed above is Mountain Time

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Mikhail Abramov, Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
Yegor Afanasiev, CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Rodion Amirov, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Zakhar Bardakov, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL)
Danil Bashkirov, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Yegor Chinakhov, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Vladislav Firstov, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Arseni Gritsyuk, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Maxim Groshev, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Marat Khusnutdinov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vasili Podkolzin, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vasili Ponomaryov, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)
Ilya Safonov, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yegor Spiridonov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Defencemen:
Roman Bychkov, Buran Voronezh (VHL)
Danil Chaika, CSKA Moscow (KHL)
Semyon Chistyakov, Avangard Omsk (KHL)
Kirill Kirsanov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Artemi Knyazev, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yan Kuznetsov, University of Connecticut (NCAA)
Shakir Mukhamadullin, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (KHL)
Yegor Shekhovtsov, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)
Goaltenders:
Artur Akhtyamov, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
Yaroslav Askarov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)
Vsevolod Skotnikov, CSKA Moscow (KHL)

full

Sweden
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Oscar Bjerselius, Djurgarden Stockholm
Arvid Costmar, Linkoping HC
Noel Gunler, Brynas Gavle
Emil Heineman, Leksands IF
Simon Holmstrom, Vita Hasten Norrkoping
Alexander Holtz, Djurgarden Stockholm
Oskar Kvist, Brynas Gavle
Theodor Niederbach, Frolunda Gothenburg
Zion Nybeck, HV71 Jonkoping
Oskar Olausson, HV71 Jonkoping
Lucas Raymond, Frolunda Gothenburg
Elmer Soderblom, Frolunda Gothenburg
Albin Sundsvik, Skelleftea AIK
Jonathan Wikstrom, HV71 Jonkoping
Defencemen:
Emil Andrae, HV71 Jonkoping
Gustav Berglund, Frolunda Gothenburg
Tobias Bjornfot, Djurgarden Stockholm
Alex Brannstam Djurgarden Stockholm
Philip Broberg, Skelleftea AIK
Ludvig Hedstrom, Djurgarden Stockholm
Albert Johansson, Farjestad Karlstad
Victor Soderstrom, AIK Stockholm
Goaltenders:
Hugo Alnefelt, HV71 Jonkoping
Calle Clang, Kristianstads IK
Jesper Wallstedt, Lulea HF

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden need to change gameplan. We cant play as we did vs austria and czech. russia is too skilled and fast for that. we need to play more defensive-style like the czechs did against russia. but ofc monten will not do that, 5-2 to russia incoming.

Reactions: GapStop and lilidk

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Sweden need to change gameplan. We cant play as we did vs austria and czech. russia is too skilled and fast for that. we need to play more defensive-style like the czechs did against russia. but ofc monten will not do that, 5-2 to russia incoming.
You’re saying the streak ends at 54?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Have a feeling Russia is going to get dominated tonight, based on nothing but the fact that they played yesterday.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Have a feeling Russia is going to get dominated tonight, based on nothing but the fact that they played yesterday.
Yeah, Russia must be exhausted after playing Austria... Talk about a perfect warm-up. Will be worse for Sweden against the USA, though...

Reactions: lilidk

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
How many Swedes were forced to leave the team due to Covid?

Like 1/3 of the roster?

Off the top of my head, 4 players from the large camp roster? Two of them were not locks to make the final team. This is not a bad Swedish team on paper.

That being said, I hold the Russians as favorites in this one. Their team is maybe not super talented but they play with more maturity from what I've seen.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How many Swedes were forced to leave the team due to Covid?

Like 1/3 of the roster?
No, your reply shows off your ignorance. But lets take a look at that for you shall we?

Eklund, and Henriksson were surefire, key players.

After those 2 there's only Grewe, and Wallinder. BUT! With Grans not making the roster, why would Wallinder, a worse player, have? And Grewe? Guess he could be the 13F? He's not missed as far as I'm concerned.

So, only 2 roster players were forced to leave due to covid. Does that make the current team into the weakest team Sweden has had in "ages"? Also no, it's a deep team with a killer top-4. Only thing missing is in the middle, but, that's pretty standard for Sweden.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

You know that Sweden had the puck north of 70% both of those games. And that Sweden has played pretty defensively since the beginning of this tournament? Their defensemen don't go deep in the offensive zone very often, there's always 3 guys back, and they're strong on the boards. If anything they need to do more of the same.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I like the Swedes to keep the streak alive...but just barely! 2-1. Raymond for the late game heroics.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hopefully the scratches for today are Bjerselius and Hedström. I want to see Wallstedt in goal.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hard game to predict not super impressed by the Russians the last couple games and kind of impossible to get a read on what the Swedes are at this point.

They looked really good in the 3rd against Austria, I know it’s Austria but they looked physical and skilled in that 3rd period.

Quite easily the best game of the day, no idea how it’s going to go. I’ve been impressed with Tre Kronor particularly on D. They get Broberg back in the lineup as well, he looked really good against the Czechs.

This one should be a can’t miss game.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
If I am evaluating this correctly, the consequences of losing to Sweden could be monumental! On the one hand, if they win, they would probably have the No.1 seed in the QF, based on having beaten both the US and Sweden. On the other hand, if they lose, it looks as though they would become the 4th seed, based on the fact that they would be tied for 3rd with the Czechs, but had lost the head-to-head competition. That means they would either play Germany/Austria or Canada/Finland in the QF. Big difference! No pressure or anything!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad