Russia U20 National Team - WJC-2019

Discussion in 'Russia' started by MaxV, Jan 2, 2018.

1. wings5 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    You can't tell me that Kostin who was bawling his eyes out after the semi final loss cares less than those Russians playing in Russia. The kids who go to North America are every bit as patriotic as any other Russian, they are just misguided on the best path to success.

2. Pavel Buchnevich AV AND GORTON OUT

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Student
    I think picking a younger roster would help. Look what Finland does. They pick their 2-4 best draft prospects almost every year.

BlitzSnipe likes this.
  3. cska78 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    Last year's team was the worst pure workman team in a while (at least modern while) This team could have been a lot more capable on attack, instead Bragin chose some players to appease Rottenberg (and ska), who are way too limited in their offensive abilities. I don't know what was the FO % for the Kravtsov line, but I bet you thier impact would have been hiegher, had there been a Khovanov centering them.
    Because our hockey lacks style and system - we can't put forth a cohesive offensive team effort against even opponents, so Bragin picks work-horses to outwork and out-hustle the opponent.

BlitzSnipe likes this.
  4. cska78 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    what are you talking about in bold?????

5. wings5 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah tournament experience is big, Malkin, Kuznetsov etc were able to singlehandedly dominate tournaments in their later years not only because they were older but also they had played in 2-3 previous tournaments, taking more skilled 18 year olds when they are talented enough would help, though they'd likely have some worse results some years obviously. Players look completely different usually in their second tournament compared to their first in a positive way.

6. Yakushev72 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I am saying that their participation is not fully under the control of the RHF, because their employers are the Canadian Hockey League. There are agreements between the CHL and the RHF, but the kids want to please and impress their employers first and foremost. If these players don't totally commit themselves to the Canadian system, they will fail in their goal to play for Canadian and American owners in the NHL. Overall, it is just another complicating factor in trying to merge a domestic-based team with a team that plays overseas.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  7. Yakushev72 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I am not questioning their patriotism or anything like that. I'm just saying that their concentration and focus is on playing in the NHL, and that national team goals are a lesser concern for them. They have to keep their eye on the prize!

BlitzSnipe likes this.
  8. BlitzSnipe Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Hehe, I like those undercurrents, Yakushev72 :).

9. BlitzSnipe Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    As far as I remember, Kostin performed much better last year than this year. I wouldn't say he was bad this year, but last year he dominated.

10. wings5 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah I think he is a complimentary player , he at least looked much stronger physically than last year.

11. Caser @RUSProspects

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    IT&T
    Home Page:
    Technically bronze is not a bad result and, while I was always advocating that approach, this year it left a bit of a bitter aftertaste, as I don't think we could've won anything more this time.

12. Yakushev72 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    In my opinion, Russia's chances of winning international tournaments would be greatly enhanced by having national teams at the U18, U20, and Senior levels. The downside, not having access to some of the best talents like Ovechkin and Malkin, would be offset by having teams composed of talented players who play together and have a team chemistry. That would be particularly true at U18 and U20, because during breaks in the KHL, VHL and MHL, the kids work together in a national team program to practice synchronization and everyone being on the same page with strategy and tactics. It is too hard to know who will be available from North America. This year, for example, Svechnikov was an 18-year old, but his NHL employers kept him out of the games. That doesn't happen in the KHL.

13. storm surge Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    what is status and team of defenseman Roman Biychov..Will his team release to Guelph in Canada?.. where Samorukov played