Russia U20 National Team - WJC-2019

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It’s safe to say the Q guys made a very good impression,

If Khavanov and Koltygin are on the roster, that would leave only one C spot (I’m assuming Shen has already clinched his spot).

I’m starting to think Lipanov might not make it.

I also liked Khovanov, but about him over Lipanov - I'll believe it when I'll see it, due to the ammount of trust that Bragin had in Lipanov previously.

Also big question is Anokhovskiy - if he is hurt not very seriously, then the center competition might get really interesting.

I'm now thinking that Maksimov is close to be officially out, even despite being right-handed. Although meanwhile another right-handed player Denisenko is doing some crazy **** again - got a bad boarding penalty that costed Lokomotiv a win - Kvartalnov certainly didn't like it and pretty sure Bragin will keep that in mind too.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Guesses at the roster?

Maybe something like this:

Tarasov
Ustimenko
Kochetkov

Morozov-Alexeyev
Samorukov-Rubinchik
Baranov-Malyshev
Romanov/Olshanskiy-Zhuravlyov

Chekhovich-Khovanov/Lipanov-Kravtsov
Yaremchuk-Shen-Starkov
Kostin-Morozov-Kovalenko
Zavgorodniy/Denisenko-Koltygin-Nikolayev/Slepets

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Just saw that Anokhovskiy has been placed on injured reserve list until 13th of December (although that's kind of an approximate date). Last year the WJC camp started on 7th of December, so looks like he might still make it.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
To cool down the 'Kravtsov at center!!!1111' hype, Bragin told in an interview that it is just a secondary option.

Also mentioned that he is indeed worried about Denisenko's discipline issues and told that he is not a lock. From other notes, Bragin highly praised Muranov, compared him to Telegin, so sounds like he will be on the WJC team. And on Lipanov, it sounded like Bragin's patience and trust are indeed finally over.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster:

GK
Pyotr Kochetkov
Amir Miftakhov
Daniil Tarasov

D
Alexander Alexeyev
Yevgeniy Kalabushkin
Makar Khabarov
Anton Malyshev
Ilya Morozov
Saveliy Olshanskiy
Alexander Romanov
Mark Rubinchik
Dmitriy Samorukov
Daniil Valitov
Artyom Volkov
Daniil Zhuravlyov

FW
Ivan Chekhovich
Grigoriy Denisenko
Artyom Galimov
Yevgeniy Kanitskiy
Alexander Khovanov
Klim Kostin
Nikolai Kovalenko
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Kirill Marchenko
Ivan Morozov
Ivan Muranov
Artyom Nikolayev
Nikita Shashkov
Pavel Shen
Kirill Slepets
Stepan Starkov
Vladislav Tsitsyura
Alexander Yaremchuk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
What should we know about ? Daniil Valitov, Yevgeniy Kanitskiy and Makar Khabarov
Any chances to make the team ? What's the biggest surprise ?

YEGOR FILIN and NIKITA ANOKHOSKIY and still injured ?

I hope Vasiliy Podkolzin will have a chance to prove himself

I'm disappointed to see that SHAFIGULIN, Galenyuk, Baranov and Marushev haven't received an invitation.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What should we know about ? Daniil Valitov, Yevgeniy Kanitskiy and Makar Khabarov

I'm disappointed to see that SHAFIGULIN, Galenyuk, Baranov and Marushev haven't received an invitation.

Filin was already healthy last time I checked, but Anokhovskiy is unfortunately still injured. It was mentioned that Podkolzin might be added if he has a strong WJAC, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: JayZIH

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Shafigullin has played himself out of it

Reactions: Fantomas

SOilers

Nov 20, 2018
Why no Krill Maksimov? The guy is tearing it up in the OHL. 18 goals in just 24 games.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why no Krill Maksimov? The guy is tearing it up in the OHL. 18 goals in just 24 games.

Apparently didn't stand out in the superseries, no huge surprise omissions among CHL Russians imo only I expected Maksimov and Zavgorodny to get invites due to lack of right handed shots. Zavgorodny also played well in the Superseries so his omission is a little strange. Also surprising Zhukov didn't go through the International evaluation process at all.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I would have invited Podkolzin. Aside from that no complaints with the selections.

Kravtsov moving back to center is a good thing. It's not like Khovanov will win you any faceoffs either.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Podkolzin might be out for the rest of his U18 tournament injured, let alone the WJC.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
When is the final roster expected to be released to the public? I would guess they plan to arrive in Vancouver no later than one week from today to begin acclimatizng and play a pre-tournament game.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
When is the final roster expected to be released to the public? I would guess they plan to arrive in Vancouver no later than one week from today to begin acclimatizng and play a pre-tournament game.

They should be in NA already by now, final roster's deadline is on 25th, but, iirc, it is expected that the pre-tournament game Vs Switzerland on 24th will be played with the final roster.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know he never had a chance to make this team, but I think Askarov is one of Russia's three best goalies. Maybe he can make it next year. Vasilevskiy made it in his draft season.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I know he never had a chance to make this team, but I think Askarov is one of Russia's three best goalies. Maybe he can make it next year. Vasilevskiy made it in his draft season.

Wouldn't be too surprised, if his progress continues, we don't have much GK depth next year, not to mention that, imo, Miftakhov doesn't look too convincing so far.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad