OT: Russia in other sports

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Khabib won the most anticipated fight ever vs McGregor.

Unfortunately, his moment was ruined by post fight brawl.
Fedor-Crocop was the most anticipated fight ever tbh.

But man, is that story absolutely eclipsed by Kokomaev's debauchery. Assaulting people in 2 separates incidents the same morning, one near a strip club and another singing "Gangnam style" drunk while beating up a ministry worker... :facepalm: :laugh:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Fedor-Crocop was the most anticipated fight ever tbh.

But man, is that story absolutely eclipsed by Kokomaev's debauchery. Assaulting people in 2 separates incidents the same morning, one near a strip club and another singing "Gangnam style" drunk while beating up a ministry worker... :facepalm: :laugh:
a ministry worker of Korean decent. Racist drunken pigs.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Glad Russia beat Turkey, but I hope Cherchesov doesn’t fall in love with this lineup.

Kudryashov is just not a starting caliber RB.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Glad Russia beat Turkey, but I hope Cherchesov doesn’t fall in love with this lineup.

Kudryashov is just not a starting caliber RB.
Kudryashov is that reliable (but limited) option, for when you plan to contain an opponent. He is aging however and Raush is not reliable defensively. Maybe Nabiullin picks up soon...

I was not impressed with our play at all, especially vs Sweden, but we are first in the group and that's huge!

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Kudryashov is that reliable (but limited) option, for when you plan to contain an opponent. He is aging however and Raush is not reliable defensively. Maybe Nabiullin picks up soon...

I was not impressed with our play at all, especially vs Sweden, but we are first in the group and that's huge!

We didn’t clinch yet, so hold off on that.

Sweden can still pass us if they win both of their remaining games.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
UEFA bans Rubin from European competition for 1 year regarding overspending.

This is significant, as Rubin can certainly be that 6th strong team in Euro competition. Maybe Rostov is the answer.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Artur Dalaloyan is World Artistic Gymnastics champion taking gold in the all around. Mens and womens teams took silver. The womens team had two very inexperienced youngsters in the line up as well. Things are looking up in this discipline after years of under achievement when compared to the past. The mens team will be kicking themselves for not winning the gold though after two simple mistakes in the final rotation on the parallel bar. Such a shame.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Russian tennis fans might finally have someone to pay attention to.

Karen Khachanov has been surging lately. He just advanced to final of Paris Masters tournament and will face one of Djokavic or Federer.

He will obviously be a big underdog, but he is a 22-year-old player with a TON of promise.

He isn’t the only one either, fellow 22-year-old Daniil Medvedev is also very promising.

Both are already top 20 and might be just starting.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Russian tennis fans might finally have someone to pay attention to.

Karen Khachanov has been surging lately. He just advanced to final of Paris Masters tournament and will face one of Djokavic or Federer.

He will obviously be a big underdog, but he is a 22-year-old player with a TON of promise.

He isn’t the only one either, fellow 22-year-old Daniil Medvedev is also very promising.

Both are already top 20 and might be just starting.

On the womens side Kasatkina remains in the top ten but severe doubts she has the game to be a Grand Slam champion. Several former Slam junior winners and finalists could make the grade and hopefully will. Zhuk, Potapova (lost to fellow prospect Danilovic in her first WTA final) and Kalinskaya. Plenty of players of Russian parents playing for other countries as well which is a shame. Zverev, Shapovalov for instance.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Wow, Khachanov beats Djokavic in straight sets to win the tournament. He played 4 top 10 players in the world in this tournament and only dropped 1 set (tie breaker to Isner).

Man, this kid is super talented, I really hope he keeps this up.

Reactions: cska78

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Wow, Khachanov beats Djokavic in straight sets to win the tournament. He played 4 top 10 players in the world in this tournament and only dropped 1 set (tie breaker to Isner).

Man, this kid is super talented, I really hope he keeps this up.
I used to love Tennis, but at some point lost all the interest. As life gets busier, no time to watch those monotonous long matches. The skill and the athleticism is amazing.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Any idea where this Chertanovo Moscow team came from?

They are in FNL already and has legit shot of getting promoted to RPL. Their entire roster are Russian teenagers from their academy, most of whom have represented some Junior national teams.

2 of them have been bought by Spartak (which means will never see them again).

They also have a mega hyped 14-year-old, Sergey Penaev, who has been practicing with Manchester United youths. Новости на ФНК: Нападающий юношеской сборной России в январе пройдёт стажировку в Манчестер Юнайтед.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Norway's soccer program has improved, beating them isn't easy.

They've also beat Sweden earlier.

I like a number of players on that roster. One of the deeper and more talented age group in awhile imo.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Any idea where this Chertanovo Moscow team came from?

If I wouldn't know better I would think that one guy attending their matches looks like a certain oligarch recently banned from watching his usual club.

fetch

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Zagitova is the womens world champion and deservedly so.

Nikita Nagornyy is the Mens European champion in Artistic Gymnastics. The mens team have performed superbly underlining a resurgence but the womens team have performed poorly. Melnikova was very disappointing to say the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->