GDT: Running Out of Ideas: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yo people are on me for SRS but the gold standard is shot differential? you said 93-97 and you were wrong, the sabres were only this version of the devils bad for one year and they didnt make the playoffs
You're gonna tell me the 96-97 Sabres weren't worse than this? Get outta here! And I don't wanna hear about Ted Nolan and his worthless Jackass Adams trophy that year. You know how many BAD coaches have gotten that? Not that I'm saying Nolan was necessarily bad, just saying that award means Jack. No pun intended.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Team looked bad in the first but imploded after back to back soft goals to start period 2 and that’s all she wrote.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What the **** is so special about Severson.

This guy is a train wreck in his own zone and hasn’t improved that part of his game one iota over the course of several years.

He does not create more GF than GA. His offense does not offset his embarasssing defensive play. Looking a guy whose trade value is probably higher than it should be? He’s the one.

I've been saying all of this since the Cretaceous Period.

Yet he never gets benched.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
would love to hear your scouting report on schneider this year.

What I see (I'm not a professional) that he lost was what made him so good. In fact, I thought Schneider was the best goalie in the league the year after Marty left. But anyway, the ability to reposition himself quickly. He was always this tank that just hid that part of the net no matter how fast the situation changed.

I think combined with him losing his speed and quickness in that regard is his mentality. He looks to have lost a lot of confidence in himself. I've really never seen such a downfall, it's almost incomprehensible. I get that injuries happen, but goalies always have injuries and recover. It's hard to understand really, I don't think anyone has the answer. I don't think the team should give up on him but it's hard with his contract being so big.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
no where near as bad as this lol. 95-96 i'll give you.
The 96-97 team was as bad or worse than the team from 95-96.

I don't wanna hear about Jack Adams Ted Nolan, who coached the team in 95-96 also.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lol how does Kowalsky still have a job?
This whole Kowalsky things leaves me scratching my head....it is like blaming Joe in accounting for the Enron scandal. Those at the top are accountable...not a freaking 1st year assistant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tao Jones

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
KK starter gig imminent

In philly
That's one of the only teams other than us (pre-Blackwood or if Blackwood starts sucking) that he'd be an upgrade for right now.

Reactions: mtnet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad