GDT: Running Out of Ideas: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I honestly hate this teams owners. This f***ing rebuild will take another 5 years with how shit this coaching staff is and how stupid Shero is thanks to how little they will pressure them to turn it around.

Im not worried about the ridiculous idea they are afraid to spend money on their teams. I'm more worried about how they are too patient.

Reactions: Beetlebum

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Watched this at my best friends tonight out in the garage where we've always gotten together with our buddies to do Devils. Fortunately the food and the fire was better than the game. Can't say the same for my friend. Damn guy had to endure this shitfest on his birthday. No wonder he got so lit.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I love how brutally honest Erika is with her questions, you dont see that much.

She walks right up to the, "so you guys pretty much ****** tonight, what was your problem?" fence.

Reactions: Aethon and nugg

Camille the Eel

It looked more like a team collapse to me...just a team that simply wasn't prepared for this game...so many mindless plays all over the ice that I find it very difficult to narrow it down to a few individuals...it was poor team effort imo.
Yes but some guys stunk worse than others and also you expect more of some of them. BTW also love the landlocked salmon up north.

Reactions: Aethon

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
He’s one of the best coaches in the league. Schneids started his trip to the bottom before he even got hired and KK is a backup who has been promoted to starter out of necessity.
I'm beginning to question how good Rollie is. Again, I'm not sure you saw me post this before, but I could have sworn I saw a TV show where Cory said Rollie had him playing DEEPER in net, which was a stunning thing to say for me.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
also that 2 on 1 coverage by butcher was bush league. more laughable than a 'stoppable' goal.

‘stoppable’ is utterly meaningless anyway lol. if you have a goalie in net, literally every single shot is technically stoppable

Reactions: Tao Jones

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I had to laugh at how he directed Zacha to pressure the puck carrier, then completely failed to take the pass away.

it was awful. imagine the devils score ln that pp instead of allowing a sh. 3-2 game.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
They have had better games than tonight. I just hope Hall is honest with Ray if he doesn’t want to go through a continued rebuild. Games like this probably make him think about whether he wants another 8 years in NJ.
Hall said pre-season he was hoping for additions to the team before training camp

Im sure I know what he wants still to this day!

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
imagine your season playing out like this and having connor mcdavid on your roster

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I just hope Hall is honest with Ray if he doesn’t want to go through a continued rebuild. Games like this probably make him think about whether he wants another 8 years in NJ.

If there's one guy in the entire NHL who doesn't want to hear, "and hey, we'll be getting a top-5 pick next season", as if it' a positive thing, it's Taylor Hall.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Were they last place teams? Not every year, but they sure could have been in 96-97 if not for Hasek, just like when they missed the playoffs the year before.

They're likely a non-playoff team by a whole lot with average goaltending or less in a couple of those years.
I'd just like to point out that it was the season where LaLaLaLaLaFontaine suffered the injury that wrecked his career in Hartford colliding with a teammate. Given that fact it makes what that team acomplished even more impressive, double that they won a playoff round when Hasek basically quit on the team.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yes but some guys stunk worse than others and also you expect more of some of them. BTW also love the landlocked salmon up north.
Some were definitely worse than others but is only because Coleman can do no wrong :)

Do you fish salmon often?

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
The post game conversation has been better than the games. What have we covered so far:

Guitars
Cosplay snu-snu
Fishing for Salmon

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
omg no they weren't. even look at their game logs. their wins were blowouts for the most part. they're not as bad as you're making them out to be.

they played an extremely solid team game which is why nolan was regarded as one of the best new coaches in the league. something the devils have absolutely not done this season.
That had an 11.3% shooting percentage that year. I'm gonna say that was well above average. That was also the highest they had out of those years, outside of 11.8% in 93-94 (which I retracted them as part of my statement that those Sabres teams weren't all that good), but judging by league average save percentage in 93-94 (.895%) and what it was in 96-97 (.905%), I'm going to assume they show at a higher rate relative to league average in 96-97 than they did in 93-94. Like I said, these are the type of teams that would be referred to as riding the PDO (how's that for a three letter stat?) train and unsustainably good these days.

The one thing I'll give you is that it's possible score effects played into having such a bad shot differential. Kind of like how we caught up tonight and have such a good shot differential this year. If they were blowing out teams, they were probably leading games more often than not and by A LOT, but that's still a terrible shot differential. I wonder if they're the last team with that poor of a shot on goal differential to actually make the playoffs? I don't even think the 12-13 Leafs (48 game season) were on pace to have a differential that bad if we had played 82 games that year.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Here we go
look at Bogo :laugh:

Really dude

Omg i love bogo

Bogo putting the fear of god into his man.

Looks like Bogo is reading the guy his rights

Bogo going full submission. Put 'em in the cage.

Son I'm going to let you live this time but you better settle down

I step away for one minute and it looks like I missed psycho bogo

I have no idea what Seney is doing trying to be 3rd man in while Bogosian is in the area, that was only ever going to end one way.

Hey yall, Devils fan here

dfd5bded-303e-413c-a652-964cbd5982c3-jpeg.173497

Mind telling me who this is who eventually sat on top of Devils #43, Brett Seney during the Noesen-Rodriguez scrum?

@Devils Dominion I accept apologies via Paypal lmao

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
jeannerat
He had a medical emergency at a recent game and had to get rushed out of the broadcast booth which is why they were talking about him. And is also why I was wondering why you would post that. What a weird time to throw shade at someone.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd just like to point out that it was the season where LaLaLaLaLaFontaine suffered the injury that wrecked his career in Hartford colliding with a teammate. Given that fact it makes what that team acomplished even more impressive, double that they won a playoff round when Hasek basically quit on the team.
Hey, I'm not saying they never other good players those years, but the Devils also have good players too. Just not in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad