GDT: Running Out of Ideas: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I'll be honest though the amount of years Marty bailed us out we kinda deserve the karma of having bad goaltending

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Their shot on goal differential was HORRENDOUS in some of those years.

It was like the reverse of the Devils.

I'll pull them up for you.

In fact the Devil's SRS this season is -0.25. So they are comparable to the 95-96 Sabres team which did not make the playoffs. The Devil's SRS last season was 0.02 which is much lower than the '93,-'94, '94-'95 and '96-'97 team.

Ted Nolan won the Jack Adams in '96-'97 he was known for implementing a solid team defense.

The Hasek Sabres were not as bad as sometimes is made out to be.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
So? They played solid team defense and forced opposing shots to the outside. I remember watching those teams. They were much better than this current team outside the one that missed the playoffs.
They were a pretty sad sack team propped up by a legend from what I remember. I was a Hasek fan so I paid a bit of mind to them. Never cheered for them but he was my favorite behind Marty. It’s a pretty known fact those BUF teams weren’t that good. They had other nice talents but team defense was not a strong suit.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
They had a 632 shot differential in 96-97 and made the playoffs.

They didn't play good team defense AT ALL, really until Hasek's last couple years there....

dude doesnt chance the fact your wrong. the '93-'94 team had an SRS of 0.72 and you put them in that group. They were a Stanley Cup Contender.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
They were a pretty sad sack team propped up by a legend from what I remember. I was a Hasek fan so I paid a bit of mind to them. Never cheered for them but he was my favorite behind Marty. It’s a pretty known fact those BUF teams weren’t that good. They had other nice talents but team defense was not a strong suit.

SRS doesn't lie. They weren't that bad. Hasek was a legend but they were always around a bubble team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In fact the Devil's SRS this season is -0.25. So they are comparable to the 95-96 Sabres team which did not make the playoffs. The Devil's SRS last season was 0.02 which is much lower than the '93,-'94, '94-'95 and '96-'97 team.

Ted Nolan won the Jack Adams in '96-'97 he was known for implementing a solid team defense.

The Hasek Sabres were not as bad as sometimes is made out to be.
Everybody knows those teams weren't that good. Sounds like you're just trying to fuel your narrative. Kind of like your Kinkaid defense.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Really bad game, obviously. But this is where you really need your goaltender to step up and make a f***ing routine save at some point. With how banged up the team is, you just can’t be allowing goals like that second one, not to mention directly after you gave up a questionable one earlier. Overall the team had been playing better, especially considering which players are out of the lineup. Absolutely no doubt in my mind we’d be singing a different tune right now if we had legitimate goaltending this year. This fantasy bullshit of kinkaid being a starter? In what universe is he starter material? The only reason he doesn’t look as bad as he’s actually been is because his comparable this year is the beyond broken Cory Schneider. A lot went wrong this season, it’s not completely on them, but they’re the biggest culprits for why the season is fubar.

Reactions: Bleedred

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
No we don't

We had the most consistent goalie of all time with the most wins and shutouts in NHL history who we basically kept for his whole career and he was good until an old age

I really don't think it gets better than that lol

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Everybody knows those teams weren't that good. Sounds like you're just trying to fuel your narrative. Kind of like your Kinkaid defense.

no another strawman. look at their SRS. The one bad team that didn't make the playoffs was -0.20. They weren't good. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing they weren't this version of Devils bad.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Thursday against the Leafs should be fun... probably another blowout loss and no doubt they'll make Hutchinson look like a Vezina candidate.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
dude doesnt chance the fact your wrong. the '93-'94 team had an SRS of 0.72 and you put them in that group. They were a Stanley Cup Contender.
Were they last place teams? Not every year, but they sure could have been in 96-97 if not for Hasek, just like when they missed the playoffs the year before.

They're likely a non-playoff team by a whole lot with average goaltending or less in a couple of those years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Who's the tough guy Sabre who goes after Seney?

We need a guy like Cam Janssen to beat the tar out of guys like that

Buff-a-Hole

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
no another strawman. look at their SRS. The one bad team that didn't make the playoffs was -0.20. They weren't good. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing they weren't this version of Devils bad.
AND WHY IS SRS AN AUTHORITY OR THE BEST MEASURE?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Were they last place teams? Not every year, but they sure could have been in 96-97 if not for Hasek, just like when they missed the playoffs the year before.

They're likely a non-playoff team by a whole lot with average goaltending or less in a couple of those years.

you said 93-97! you were wrong just be like OK you know what 93-94 they were actually really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad