Confirmed with Link: Rundblad re-signs for two years

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
So you guys figure Rundblad is going to get shipped?

Some think so, some don't. I for one hope he does not get shipped. He's tremendously improved his defensive play, and his offensive ceiling is higher than Snoop Dog.

That said, I think it's extremely possible. With Stone's emergence and Gormley up the ranks, we have too much to know what to do with, and Rundblad would be an extremely tempting trade piece to any GM in the league. We need offense, but you can guarantee that if he is part of a trade, it won't be for a third liner and a draft pick. Maloney got burned by Turris, so his compensation was Rundblad. Maloney is not the type to take the back seat, he's going to demand a good young piece back.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
People like to say that Yandle and Rundblad playing for the same team is too much redundancy in a top 6 d-group (I sometimes laugh at that concept, but what do I know about hockey? I'm more of a soccer guy). That leads to propositions of shipping out Rundblad in a trade.

Any consideration for keeping the 4-years-younger Rundblad and getting a greater return out of moving Yandle instead?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
It's not that Yandle and Rundbland are redundant, its more we actually have four offensive defenseman. Not only do we have Yandle, but we also have OEL. I think OEL is capable of putting up 40-50 points. Additionally, we have Gromley waiting in the minors and he is also supposed to be able to put up those points eventually.

So we really have four guys, and most teams have 1 PMD, 2 max.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Any consideration for keeping the 4-years-younger Rundblad and getting a greater return out of moving Yandle instead?

Yandle's value is peaking, and he is redundant on this team. As much as I'd like to see him be captain someday, I have to think he wants to play for the Bruins (or really any east coast team) before his career is over.

Depending on what teams offered, I'd move him so that Stone can have his spot full time. What would be gained in assets would hopefully offset the loss of leadership.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yandle's value is peaking, and he is redundant on this team. As much as I'd like to see him be captain someday, I have to think he wants to play for the Bruins (or really any east coast team) before his career is over.

Depending on what teams offered, I'd move him so that Stone can have his spot full time. What would be gained in assets would hopefully offset the loss of leadership.

We already had to endure 2+ years of Yandle trade rumors; even if he's looking meh out of the gate again and Rundblad has shown he can look average in the defensive zone, I'd have to think he's still going to be a long-term Coyote.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

I don't get that impression. I get the impression he wants to stay with the Coyotes for his entire career.
Stone plays on the right side while Yandle plays on the left. Eventually Stone will replace Morris or Michalek. I see Stone pairing with KY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad