Confirmed with Link: Rundblad re-signs for two years

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
PP 1st Unit:
OEL, Ribeiro, Vrbata, Boedker, net presence (Hanzal or Moss)

PP 2nd Unit:
Yandle, Stone, Doan, Vermette, net presence (Moss or Hanzal)

Vrbata should thrive on the PP with Ribeiro as well as OEL, and I'm hoping so, because our secondary PP unit will most assuredly clip out at less than 10% efficiency.

hmmm why have Rundblad on the team if he isn't on either PP? he is a pure offensive type player. Haha it's not like hes on the team for his shut down type defensive play!!! I dont know, I guess I am still surprised he got a 1 year deal!!.. haha sure i am real happy he is staying in the NHL, but unfortunately I just think he would be better off on another team because there seems to be no room for him!!!

hmmm Is there a chance this could have been like a sign and trade type scenerio.. like maybe there were teams interested but were sort of sceptical trading for him while he was unsigned due to the KHL factor. But now that he is signed and commited to NHL for 2 years, maybe his trade value is up again... who knows!!!!

Very curious what Yotes do about all there 1 way dmen deals!

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Rundblad

I for one do not think Runblad is ready to be an every day NHL defenseman.
He still has too many weaknesses in his defensive game. I think he is a step slow also. Nothing he has shown indicates that he can be a consistent bottom pairing d-man. I think he can also help a Power play.

I would really like to see him get a chance to play up front like Burns with San Jose. He has the offensive talent. He could drop back if needed. I think Tip would like to have an extra d-man in the line-up.

Not sure if anyone else had thrown this out here. But I think it could fill the void of an extra scorer.

Just my thoughts.... I know RT you want me to post more. I follow everything on here. Got burnt out by the ownership mess. Will try to post some more. Can't wait for the season to get going.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
If Rundblad's defense isn't good enough to play back there, then why would Tippett "like to have an extra d-man in the lineup?"

If he's Sandis Ozolinsh, cool. If Tippett doesn't want Sandis Ozolinsh, either force DT to play him or trade Rundblad.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think Rundblad has an advocate on the coaching staff in Brown. If he isn't already, he will be once he sits down and watches some tape. I'd be worried about losing my roster spot if my name was David Schlemko.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Rundblad has an advocate on the coaching staff in Brown. If he isn't already, he will be once he sits down and watches some tape. I'd be worried about losing my roster spot if my name was David Schlemko.

Schlemko is way more offensively skilled than Summers and far more reliable in his own end than Rundblad, as of now. He's a very underrated bottom 4 PMD that's on a pretty cheap contract.

That being said, if Summers and Rundblad both actually show something significant this year, I could see Schlemko being the odd man out, esp. with Gormley knocking on the door.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
I've seen some of his highlights from when he played in the SEL and he looked so good ! He even had some huge hits in the neutral zone. I really think he has the potential to be a great offensive dman. Maybe doughtyesque if he can bring those hits in the nhl. I'm sure he knows his defensive game is the only thing holding him back and hopefully well see a brand new guy in camp. Would love to see our d looking something like

OEL -Z
Yandle - Stone
Klesla/Morris - Rundblad
Schlemko

I know we'd have 2 righties with Morris but I think it's more likely klesla moves instead of him.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
If Rundblad's defense isn't good enough to play back there, then why would Tippett "like to have an extra d-man in the lineup?"

If he's Sandis Ozolinsh, cool. If Tippett doesn't want Sandis Ozolinsh, either force DT to play him or trade Rundblad.

My point was - try him up front and play him as a winger. I think he could contribute. If someone gets hurt - he could drop back and play D. Tipp has played 7 defensemen in a game several times.

Me personally - I think he has some glaring weaknesses. I don't want him back there until he can be better. I'd like to see him up front as a forward - see what he can do. Burns switched to forward late in the year for San Jose and was very productive.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schlemko is way more offensively skilled than Summers and far more reliable in his own end than Rundblad, as of now. He's a very underrated bottom 4 PMD that's on a pretty cheap contract.

That being said, if Summers and Rundblad both actually show something significant this year, I could see Schlemko being the odd man out, esp. with Gormley knocking on the door.

I don't. If Schlemko plays the way he played before getting injured last year there is no way that I can see him being the odd man out. He's cheap, blocks shots, good skater, good on the PK and overall very consistant. I just love the way he has matured. He is so under rated, even with us Coyote fans. My only concern is he seems to get injured rather easily, like Hanzal.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I don't. If Schlemko plays the way he played before getting injured last year there is no way that I can see him being the odd man out. He's cheap, blocks shots, good skater, good on the PK and overall very consistant. I just love the way he has matured. He is so under rated, even with us Coyote fans. My only concern is he seems to get injured rather easily, like Hanzal.

Again, Schlemko moving or staying is, IMO, predicated mostly on how Summers does this season. Personally I'd much rather have a TWD like Schlemko over a more one-dimensional defender like Summers on our bottom pairing (which is why I'm still a little surprised as to why Maloney resigned Summers to a one-way deal...)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why have his details never made it to cap geek? Isn't their source in the NHLPA? Have we not filed the papers with the union? Is it not official? I've never seen it take this long.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyone on Chrome want to post the translation? I'm on a phone.

A tough challenge for Rundblad
New contract makes no warranties
Envägskontraktet provides financial security. But there is no guarantee that David Rundblad may open street into the NHL. No fewer than nine runs in the Phoenix Coyotes organization sits on envägskontrakt for next season.
- It will be a tough challenge, says Rundblad to hockeysverige.se ahead of Thursday's departure to North America.
After a long wait and some KHL speculation became clear last week: David Rundblad remains in the Phoenix Coyotes in the next two years. The 22-year-old hill got a envägskontrakt with the NHL club that pays him an average of 775,000 dollars per season regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL.
- It took longer than I thought, but it was never so well that I was worried. I relied on to Phoenix and my agents would solve it. And they did after all, says Rundblad when hockeysverige.se reaches him in a summery Piteå.
- Phoenix was my first choice, I really wanted to stay at the club. It's nice that they have shown that they believe in me.

Envägskontraktet means that Rundblad gets financial security. Sporting, it is still a tough challenge to take place in Phoenix, which has both breadth and depth of their back side. The Swede is not the only station that has gone from two-way to envägskontrakt for next season. David Schlemko, Michael Stone and Chris Summers has been rewarded in the same way. This means that the Coyotes have nine defenders with envägskontrakt for autumn and also a very talented back Brandon Gormley waiting for their chance in the AHL.
- Nine slopes just means it gets really tough and tight. But I can not do much more than to go over and play as well as I can, says David Rundblad.
- It will be a tough challenge, but I think it might be fine.

The talk about the KHL, there was no substance to it?
- I think so. I never talked with a few clubs myself, but my agents had some contacts there. Personally, I had full focus on the NHL, so it was never serious.

It would have been interesting?
- Well, it's a good league and we should not pretend that there is good money, so it was an option. But my attitude was always to find a solution with Phoenix and we did. My agents never needed to spend time exploring the Russian interest.

"Glad to hear positive things"
During the last season played the previous Skelleftea hill just eight NHL games with the Phoenix Coyotes. One reason why it was not more lies partly in the lockout. When the league well started in January there was not much time for training camp, which helped many young players are not given the same opportunities to prove themselves.
- If it was disappointing that I only played eight games I do not know. It was a very strange season because of the lockout with different conditions. At the same time, I play very much in the AHL and went not too bad there, says Rundblad.

He accounted for 39 points (9 +30) in 50 games and had great confidence in the Portland Pirates of the law.
- I had to play short-handed, power play and all other situations. When you get so much playing time, and it goes well usually scores roll in, says David Rundblad who think he has evolved a lot over time in the farm team.
- There are many small details in the defense game that I have improved and developed. Then get more routine the more you play and as the man gets older you become stronger, faster and more comfortable on the ice. It helps.

Did you get any feedback from the Coyotes the following season?
- Yes, everybody has a closing conference with the club management. There, they said it was pleased that they found that I had played really well in Portland (AHL). Of course it was great to hear such positive things, but I can not take anything for granted for it. It's up to me whether I should play in the NHL.

Over the summer, David Rundblad trained in Skellefteå with Adam Larsson, Tim Erixon, Oscar Lindberg and a bunch of other players from the area who no longer have Skellefteå AIK club address. Already on Thursday wearing it however to North America. Rundblad should head to Calgary along with several other of talent in the Coyotes organization to work with physio Tommy Powers.
- We'll stay there a week before we go to Phoenix and continue to train there. It will be fun. Tommy was here in Sweden and drove with me and Oliver Ekman Larsson last year. He is very ambitious and comes with good advice. This will be a good last preparation for camp, round off David Rundblad.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Well, at least that's official! 1.57M total for 2 years - about a million less than what I expected. One down, one to go (Boedker). #inmaloneywetrust

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What do you guys think realistically, his point total will be after this year since he will be a fulltime NHLer this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->