Confirmed with Link: Rundblad re-signs for two years

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
An absurd amount of offensive talent. He just needs to earn the trust of the coaching staff to get himself into a regular role. So many tough decisions coming.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
He has way too much talent to lose patience with. Hope he doesn't get traded. I'm looking forward to seeing him play regularly. Our talent level difference from defense to offense is ridiculous but I still don't want to see Yandle, OEL, Stone or Rundblad traded.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Glad to hear about this news. The puck is now in Rundblad's hands to push himself into the D.

This is going to be a very interesting training camp in September.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Comments from the article above:

Rundblad's agent: "The important thing for us was to find a solution with a one way-deal over two years. This gives David an excellent opportunity to establish himself in the NHL for real."

Rundblad himself:
"It feels good that it is finally over. It took longer than I thought it would."
"That feels very good as well (the contract terms). It has been a lot of bustling around over there. This means that I can feel some degree of comfort. Now I have two years to do something good."

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I wonder if DM was hoping to pull off a trade before signing Rundblad? I only say this because with so many dmen on one way contracts, I feel like some leverage in trade negotiations has been conceded since other teams know they Yotes almost have to make a move.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
He has way too much talent to lose patience with. Hope he doesn't get traded. I'm looking forward to seeing him play regularly. Our talent level difference from defense to offense is ridiculous but I still don't want to see Yandle, OEL, Stone or Rundblad traded.

Yeah, in a few years we can have a pretty epic backend if everyone develops on course:

OEL - Murphy
Yandle - Stone
Gormley - Rundblad

This is good news! But not to belabor the point, we now have eight blueliners on one-way deals. Someone's got to go.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, he said "in a few years". I figure as long as we're counting chickens before they hatch, Gormley should be on there ;)

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I wonder if DM was hoping to pull off a trade before signing Rundblad? I only say this because with so many dmen on one way contracts, I feel like some leverage in trade negotiations has been conceded since other teams know they Yotes almost have to make a move.

leverage? against Maloney?

I can not comprehend the possibility! Perhaps you mean that he won't rip off another team as much as usual.

Of the 9 contracts, how many would be considered top 4?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad