Rumours & Trade & Free Agent Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Should we trade Brossoit for a team that needs a starter or keep him?

I mean he is a solid back-up, yes, but I could see him walking for a better opportunity next season like with the Blackhawks or a team with tight cap space (that is if Lehner takes more money elsewhere or decides to take a discount in Chicago). I mean, I do believe he could be a good starter elsewhere.
If he is traded or not, he will re-sign elsewhere.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

I mean he is a solid back-up, yes, but I could see him walking for a better opportunity next season like with the Blackhawks or a team with tight cap space (that is if Lehner takes more money elsewhere or decides to take a discount in Chicago). I mean, I do believe he could be a good starter elsewhere.

Too bad he is not playing like last year! This year we may be lucky and get a 5th round pick for him if the right backup on the right team goes down for the season during the week of the trade deadline....He's been and looked TTTTTTTerrible this year!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

A starter? Really? He has a 3.71 GAA and an 0.883 save percentage.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

YJ_gtl.gif

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

I am a big Bro believer regardless of the stats right now. Theres a few teams that would be wise to acquire him. He would also be among the group that I would be selling along with Rosie, Perrault, Little, Bourque , all of our sketch d. Even for a few late picks.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I don't really see the point in trading fringe players away for late round picks. The Jets don't need late round picks they need warm bodies right now

Reactions: Duke749

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't really see the point in trading fringe players away for late round picks. The Jets don't need late round picks they need warm bodies right now
It looks like Jets are going to basement adding a warm body stops the tank but stops them from being good enough to make playoffs. Better a reboot in off season with new coach.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
It looks like Jets are going to basement adding a warm body stops the tank but stops them from being good enough to make playoffs. Better a reboot in off season with new coach.
If Maurice makes the end of the year he will be here when training camp opens. If they truly want to go another direction that have to move him out before year end.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If Maurice makes the end of the year he will be here when training camp opens. If they truly want to go another direction that have to move him out before year end.
Doesn’t change the fact that most we can hope for right now is a high draft pick.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
I am a big Bro believer regardless of the stats right now. Theres a few teams that would be wise to acquire him. He would also be among the group that I would be selling along with Rosie, Perrault, Little, Bourque , all of our sketch d. Even for a few late picks.

I really like Bro too as a backup, he pushes Helle i think cause they are buddies. Dont think he would be a regular starter but having him for say 2 more years i think would be good and after that i think its Berdins spot. You could probably sign Bro to a 2yr 1m/yr contract and now have to worry about goaltending for a couple more years. We just need some answers on D and do something about our PP and PK, Huddy im looking at you to leave haha

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Your logic is backwards. Keeping him could be a low key soft tank move. His contract will end and they will likely part ways mutually. No way Mo is here in camp just because they don’t pull the trigger now. It would such a TNSE thing to do to let him finish the year.

Nov 24, 2006
I don't understand or agree with this rationale.

His contract is up at the end of this year. That is the perfect time and way to move on from Mo if you don't want to fire the guy.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I don't understand or agree with this rationale.

His contract is up at the end of this year. That is the perfect time and way to move on from Mo if you don't want to fire the guy.

How is 3 points out of the playoffs at the all star break with all the injuries we have had the perfect time? I think it makes total sense to let him either win or lose his job the last half the season.

Reactions: SLAYER and voyageur
Nov 24, 2006
How is 3 points out of the playoffs at the all star break with all the injuries we have had the perfect time? I think it makes total sense to let him either win or lose his job the last half the season.
That's not what I said though. I said his contract is up at the end of the year. THAT is the time.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
That's not what I said though. I said his contract is up at the end of the year. THAT is the time.
I hear your opinion I just don't agree with it. The end of the year for teams not making the playoffs is about evaluating what you have. If you have a lame duck coach or a coach who is already committed to go elsewhere then he wont be running optimal line-ups to evaluate what you have, he will likely be disingenuous about player and other coach evaluation, he can't be part of expansion draft conversations and he could become the cancer in the room. I understand that in most cases running someones contract out makes financial sense. My opinion is that this would be a bad organizational move to have him here until exit interviews and work with the management that doesn't want him back. I believe ( and I may be wrong) if he is here on locker clean-out day, that he will be the coach to start the 20-21 season. We disagree on timing of his departure, and that is ok.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm sure we dont have all of the info but it seems like from what I read the team misdiagnosed his injury and he signed off on it without knowing he had a broken foot. He came back to camp thinking he was fine, found out he wasnt. Went to another doctor and got it diagnosed correctly and then got surgery on it. My guess is the arbiter is waiting to see if he can actually play or not. Because if he cant and he does retire he forfeits that salary anyways. If he can play then the Jets misdiagnosed his injury and owe him his salary because of that. It really comes down to our doctors were incompetent and Buff believed their diagnoses. Now all parties are likely waiting to see if he can actually return to duty or if he is indeed unable to play.

Even if that is the case he is supposed to report it to the team and have their Dr's look at it again and then if he wants a second opinion then he is eligible to get one. From what we know he didn't do that, he did his own thing on his own time table and now expects to get paid. It still comes down to the CBA, from what we know he didn't follow it. The arbitrator isn't deciding if he was misdiagnosed or not he is deciding if Buff should have followed the procedure that he signed off on as part of his contract or if he is allowed to deviate from it and still get paid.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Even if that is the case he is supposed to report it to the team and have their Dr's look at it again and then if he wants a second opinion then he is eligible to get one. From what we know he didn't do that, he did his own thing on his own time table and now expects to get paid. It still comes down to the CBA, from what we know he didn't follow it. The arbitrator isn't deciding if he was misdiagnosed or not he is deciding if Buff should have followed the procedure that he signed off on as part of his contract or if he is allowed to deviate from it and still get paid.
What's the retirement angle though? He tells Chevy he wants to retire, and Chevy tells him to take some time to think it over...meanwhile he's suspended. He gets surgery while suspended...which wouldn't matter if he was still intending to retire. But if he's changed his mind on retirement, then why not go to the Jets first and say he's coming back, except his ankle is still hurt? Why go out and get it fixed while suspended and not get paid? Something doesn't add up. Do the Jets think he hurt his ankle in the offseason and aren't liable for any of this?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What's the retirement angle though? He tells Chevy he wants to retire, and Chevy tells him to take some time to think it over...meanwhile he's suspended. He gets surgery while suspended...which wouldn't matter if he was still intending to retire. But if he's changed his mind on retirement, then why not go to the Jets first and say he's coming back, except his ankle is still hurt? Why go out and get it fixed while suspended and not get paid? Something doesn't add up. Do the Jets think he hurt his ankle in the offseason and aren't liable for any of this?

Yeah that part is weird. Even if he hurt is in some other incident you'd think they would want him back quickly. If he reports with a hurt ankle from outside of hockey they would still go through with the surgery and likely put him on the LTIR. This is the same org that encouraged BOGO to get surgery over the lockout where they would have to pay him his salary. I doubt they would trying to penny pinch on a key member of the org.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
question for you guys... would you think that A. Martinez (RD) would fit well with the Jets? Given that Byfuglien comes back...

Morrisey - Pionk
Kulikov - Martinez
Sbisa - Byfuglien

that looks potent

thoughts?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well it is entirely predicated on if he recovers and they wont know until he is either cleared or not cleared. And that isnt until March. They cant make a ruling without that information. Otherwise they are just guessing.

Entirely predicated on his recovery? What am I missing? I don't see where that plays any part in it at all.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah that part is weird. Even if he hurt is in some other incident you'd think they would want him back quickly. If he reports with a hurt ankle from outside of hockey they would still go through with the surgery and likely put him on the LTIR. This is the same org that encouraged BOGO to get surgery over the lockout where they would have to pay him his salary. I doubt they would trying to penny pinch on a key member of the org.

Entirely predicated on his recovery? What am I missing? I don't see where that plays any part in it at all.

I think Buff and the NHLPA are going to argue negligence on the side of the team doctors at least it seems like that. But I think they are waiting to see if he actually does recover as that may have even further implications against our team doctors misdiagnosing an injury that may have led to the end of his career. At least that's what I'm getting out of it.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
How many years left on his deal?

1 more year @ $4m

32 yr old RD

to me when i see where Martinez fits in the league, i see a fit in Winnipeg, i wonder if the Jets are at all looking at adding a veteran D for a playoff push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad