Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Y’all got any more of that Cracknell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The ratings aren't a matter of opinion though lol.

Im not talking about ratings. We agree hockey is a regional game.

Have you lived in the US sun belt and had seasons tickets there? I have. The games that are always priced the highest are always Rangers, Pens, Flyers, Sabres, Red Wings, Black Hawks and Bruins because they sell a shit ton of tickets to the fans of those teams who live in those cities.

I never mentioned TV ratings and don’t GAF about them as that was not the point I was making but whatever, carry on as you were because I know you will.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Im not talking about ratings. We agree hockey is a regional game.

Have you lived in the US sun belt and had seasons tickets there? I have. The games that are always priced the highest are always Rangers, Pens, Flyers, Sabres, Red Wings, Black Hawks and Bruins because they sell a shit ton of tickets to the fans of those teams who live in those cities.

I never mentioned TV ratings and don’t GAF about them as that was not the point I was making but whatever, carry on as you were because I know you will.

A few hundred extra fans for certain matchups doesn't really equate to large fanbases outside of their regional areas.

I think you're kinda overstating how large "a shit ton of fans" is.

There's a literal "shit ton" of Leafs and Habs fans in Western Canada, not just a few hundred.

Florida and Vegas are also not really indicative of most NHL markets, because those are vacation destinations that have a travelling group of fans. The Oilers have a large number of fans anytime they play in Vegas, but that's more people from Edmonton going down to Vegas knowing they can watch a game + have a vacation at the same time, not that there's some huge interest in the Oilers from Vegas locals.

For a lot of people it's cheaper to fly to Vegas or Arizona and watch the Oilers play there, lol.

Reactions: MixMasterMoose

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
A few hundred extra fans for certain matchups doesn't really equate to large fanbases outside of their regional areas.

I think you're kinda overstating how large "a shit ton of fans" is.

There's a literal "shit ton" of Leafs and Habs fans in Western Canada, not just a few hundred.

Whatever man. You just argue for the sake of arguing. I think you actually enjoy it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Whatever man. You just argue for the sake of arguing. I think you actually enjoy it.

Or maybe you just get upset if anyone points out something flawed in your reasoning? Don't get mad at me for pointing that out, the US doesn't really have nationwide followings for any team, Pittsburgh might be the closest.

Reactions: MixMasterMoose

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Or maybe you just get upset if anyone points out something flawed in your reasoning? Don't get mad at me for pointing that out, the US doesn't really have nationwide followings for any team, Pittsburgh might be the closest.

Of course there are more Leaf and Habs fans because hockey is Canada's religion like football is America's religion. I never questioned that. I merely said there are a lot of Original Six US team fans across the US.

Ask anyone in the actual hockey business about the volume of Original Six fans and then tell the to the legions of Ranger, Bruin, Black Hawk, and Red Wings fans strewn all across the US, in particular the sun belt, that they don't exist.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Also, would anyone consider trading Nuge for Dumba? Apparently the Wild have been shopping him

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Also, would anyone consider trading Nuge for Dumba? Apparently the Wild have been shopping him

Since he decided to kneel for the US anthem and not the Canadian anthem as well when he likely experienced racism on both sides of the border he can f*** right off as far as I'm concerned. I'd stick with Bear and Bouchard on the right side and keep Nuge who is a core heart and soul player for this team.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I saw a rumour of AA + Benning for Max Domi.

I gotta say if that's all it takes to get him, you do that assuming you can sign Domi for a reasonable number.

Where did you see that rumour?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Someone posted it on facebook quoting it was from tsn 1260. Probably just a fan floating the idea around but who knows.

I think it's a fair trade for both sides (RFA swap), but not sure what the respective GMs would think. I like Domi and think he'd be a decent fit here but I could see him being a bit overpaid. He's probably a 40-60 pt guy even on McDavid's wing. Likely more of a sure bet and better complimentary player than AA but I think AA could be a 30-40 pt 20 goal guy driving a third line, making maybe half the amount. I like the idea of having a counter attack player like him on the third line since the third line is a big weakness right now. Benning is underrated but they need to open the spot on the 3rd pair RD for Bouchard.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Someone posted it on facebook quoting it was from tsn 1260. Probably just a fan floating the idea around but who knows.
That's probably not a rumour. I'm assuming its a proposal. It would be decent for us though. I still think we should keep AA. The last 2 games he played great. I think he was settling in

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You didn’t really point anything out. He was arguing about fans buying tickets and you pulled out TV ratings to support your argument when nothing about his argument involved TV ratings.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad