Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Lots of Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

Cheap 3C?

I really like this idea.

If we can land Connolly and a guy like Pirri or something we actually would be in slightly better shape than last year. Maybe try and swing a deal of Russell for Perrault as well.

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Perrault-Nuge-Connolly
Nygard-Berglund-Pirri

Still ugly but a lot better than last year.

Edit: for the Russell deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I think Benson and Marody will probably have to be in our lineup. I don’t see how Holland can fill all of these holes at forward with such little cap space. I think our starting lineup will look something like this:

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Connolly
Khaira-Marody-Gagner
Nygard-Haas-Ennis
Lucic-Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Benning
Persson

Koskinen
Smith
I think they want to make room at least one D spot there for the young guys pushing up. Jones didnt seem that far away last year. I think Russell is the guy to move.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I really like this idea.

If we can land Connolly and a guy like Pirri or something we actually would be in slightly better shape than last year.

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Pirri-Nuge-Connolly
Nygard-Berglund-XXX

Still ugly but a lot better than last year.
Berglund has had warning signs attached to him his whole career. Even when he was producing in St Lou he seemed to be at odds with his coaches.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Berglund has had warning signs attached to him his whole career. Even when he was producing in St Lou he seemed to be at odds with his coaches.
We don't have the luxury of the cap space for a guy with less red flags. If we can get Berglund as a 1 year stop gap at 1M that is something we have to look at.

I think he is still likely a 20-30 point guy who play the PK.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes 2 20 goal 60+ point seasons as a 22 year old and he's never had a break out. If we had traded for him last summer he'd have been our 3rd best forward after Draisaitl, and Mcdavid. This year its debatable with RNH elevating his game and getting time with Mcdavid.

He’s a one dimensional 60 point player while playing with guys like Marner and Matthews. Then he couldn’t do jack last season playing with them and JT on the best offensive team in the league.

So basically we’d be trading Nurse for a faster Eberle. Grrrrrreat.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Nurse also spent all of last season trying to fill the hole of a number 1 Dman while dragging along Larsson who was having a career worst season, and Russell.

Trouba getting 7.5M is a solid deal for him, but even if that's the case, it doesn't mean Nurse won't be worth 7 or more if he has another solid season next year.

Your missing the point. Nurse played with our best defensive dmen and made them look worse. He wasnt solid in his own zone at all last year, but did have a breakout offensive season. And if he's not a #1 then hes a #3 and should be paid accordingly. Even with salary inflation there no team who should be spending more then 5.5M on their #3. Only the Sharks currently do with Karlsson, Burns, and Vlasic. Theres 3 more with their #3 guy making more then 5M the Rangers, Wild, Coyotes. Thats it. I really dont know what Nurse has done that makes him much more valuable then Brady Skjei.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
$3.25m QO. Bad trade by Sakic.
Meh, so if they end up extending at slightly more than that how is that any different than what people want to pay Connolly. IMO Burakovsky is closer to a 20/50 guy than Connolly. It was Connolly best year by almost double last year, talk about buying high.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
We don't have the luxury of the cap space for a guy with less red flags. If we can get Berglund as a 1 year stop gap at 1M that is something we have to look at.

I think he is still likely a 20-30 point guy who play the PK.
I dunno, seemed like we had too many passengers last year. That has been Berglund's biggest criticism.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He’s a one dimensional 60 point player while playing with guys like Marner and Matthews. Then he couldn’t do jack last season playing with them and JT on the best offensive team in the league.

So basically we’d be trading Nurse for a faster Eberle. Grrrrrreat.

Again how many hold outs do look good? In his first 20 games last year he had 3 points, he then had 24 in 34 games(close to 60 point pace). Safe to say he wasnt ready to play against guys in mid season form. And why is a faster Eberle a bad thing? Thats the perfect type of winger for Draisaitl.

RNH-Mcdavid-Kassian
?-Draisaitl-Nylander

The whole point is to get two solid scoring pairs in the top 6, signed long term. For the most part Im the only one on here proposing a solution to fixing the top 6. The rest of you are just complaining about who we gave up to do it.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty impressive to lose a deal involving Ryan Strome...twice.
Spooner really fell off a cliff, it was a horrible deal for Strome. Although Strome's production was bad (with the Oilers) he still was playing pretty well prior to being traded.

Reactions: Faelko

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Again how many hold outs do look good? In his first 20 games last year he had 3 points, he then had 24 in 34 games(close to 60 point pace). Safe to say he wasnt ready to play against guys in mid season form. And why is a faster Eberle a bad thing? Thats the perfect type of winger for Draisaitl.

RNH-Mcdavid-Kassian
?-Draisaitl-Nylander

The whole point is to get two solid scoring pairs in the top 6, signed long term. For the most part Im the only one on here proposing a solution to fixing the top 6. The rest of you are just complaining about who we gave up to do it.

Here’s some problems with your “solution”

1. You’re conveniently trading a guy you hate with every fiber in your being, the biggest bust of 2013. How nice.

2. You don’t consider why Toronto would do this. They had Gardiner, Reilly, Muzzin and Hainsey. They don’t need another LHD.

3. There are some legit concerns with Nylander that you’re just brushing off because he held out.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

RNH-Mcdavid-Kassian
?-Draisaitl-Nylander

I'd much rather pay Nyquist $5.5m for 5 years than Nylander $7M for 5 years. I'm not as against trading Nurse for offensive help as others are here, but I don't think Nylander is the guy.

Reactions: LaGu

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Your missing the point. Nurse played with our best defensive dmen and made them look worse. He wasnt solid in his own zone at all last year, but did have a breakout offensive season. And if he's not a #1 then hes a #3 and should be paid accordingly. Even with salary inflation there no team who should be spending more then 5.5M on their #3. Only the Sharks currently do with Karlsson, Burns, and Vlasic. Theres 3 more with their #3 guy making more then 5M the Rangers, Wild, Coyotes. Thats it. I really dont know what Nurse has done that makes him much more valuable then Brady Skjei.

Skej signed his deal last offseason, coming off a 25 point season where he played more than 200 minutes less than Nurse did this year, and almost 3 minutes less/game all while having similar possession stats and being a -27 on a team that wasn't any worse than the oilers last year.

As of today, Nurse is easily worth more than 6M compared to what Skjei signed for, and he still has next season to improve on those numbers.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I would like to try and pry Girgensons out of Buffalo. He's a big center who really hasn't panned out and needs a change of scenery. I think his value is similar to Burakovsky, a 2nd rounder + a conditional pick. Maybe we'd have to give up a guy like Marody to get it done, I'm not sure. Add Nyquist in free agency and trade Russell for whatever we can get.

Drai - McDavid - Kassian
Nyquist - RNH - Gagner
Khaira- Girgensons - Nygard
Lucic- Cave - Brodziak

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Benning
Sekera - Bouchard

idk. Benson could very well earn a spot in the middle 6 too.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Here’s some problems with your “solution”

1. You’re conveniently trading a guy you hate with every fiber in your being, the biggest bust of 2013. How nice.

2. You don’t consider why Toronto would do this. They had Gardiner, Reilly, Muzzin and Hainsey. They don’t need another LHD.

3. There are some legit concerns with Nylander that you’re just brushing off because he held out.

They didnt have Muzzin at the time and Gardiner was/is a free agent. Again you guys are looking at a 1 year solution to the roster and not long term. Even now that they have Muzzin theyre looking at Nurse because Muzzin can play the right side. Here's their d group last year with a Nurse, and Muzzin trade.

Reilly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Muzzin
Nurse-Hainsey

This year it becomes

Reilly-Zaitsev
Nurse-Muzzin
Rosen-?

I also wanted back Dermott in the deal

As for Nylander he comes here and becomes our 3rd best forward. He felt he should be paid in Toronto due to the other deals. I had no problem paying Nylander 6.5M-7M over 8 years if Nurse was wanting 5.5M x 8 on his deal.

Also the way I felt about Nurse at the draft, has no bearing on how I feel about him now. I just think some of you are unrealistic about his talent level and potential.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think they want to make room at least one D spot there for the young guys pushing up. Jones didnt seem that far away last year. I think Russell is the guy to move.

With the Stauffer talk about possibly buying out Sekera I have a feeling that they are looking to move him out as they believe Caleb Jones can slot into that 3rd pairing LD spot.

Reactions: McTedi

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They didnt have Muzzin at the time and Gardiner was/is a free agent. Again you guys are looking at a 1 year solution to the roster and not long term. Even now that they have Muzzin theyre looking at Nurse because Muzzin can play the right side. Here's their d group last year with a Nurse, and Muzzin trade.

Reilly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Muzzin
Nurse-Hainsey

This year it becomes

Reilly-Zaitsev
Nurse-Muzzin
Rosen-?

I also wanted back Dermott in the deal

As for Nylander he comes here and becomes our 3rd best forward. He felt he should be paid in Toronto due to the other deals. I had no problem paying Nylander 6.5M-7M over 8 years if Nurse was wanting 5.5M x 8 on his deal.

Also the way I felt about Nurse at the draft, has no bearing on how I feel about him now. I just think some of you are unrealistic about his talent level and potential.

Muzzin is a left shot.

Adam Larsson is probably more likely to go IMO if there is a deal with Toronto.

Zaitsev is gone also.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I dunno, seemed like we had too many passengers last year. That has been Berglund's biggest criticism.
The issue we had last year IMO is not enough NHL players on our roster. I don't care if a guy is a driver or not in our bottom 6 we need guys who can put up 20-30 points for cheap and fill a PK role.

Berglund has a long history of exactly that.

I don't think we can be to picky at this point we need the most cost effective solutions possible.

I would rather Berglund and Pirri for 1M each than Filpulla for 2M. This is just the nature of it when we in an ideal world need to change out like 2/3rds of our bottom 6 over the next two years.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'd much rather pay Nyquist $5.5m for 5 years than Nylander $7M for 5 years. I'm not as against trading Nurse for offensive help as others are here, but I don't think Nylander is the guy.

Im not advocating Nylander this year, Im advocating Marner as I think he's the odd man out. But in saying that Nyquist most likely gets 6+ for 6 years. No way I take a 29 year old winger at that cap hit for that long, over a 22 year old winger for 7M over 8 years.(Which is what I would have tried to sign him to)

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Seems really out of character for Tampa to do something that stupid. Pavelski isn’t more cost effective than any of those players.

They do have a new GM whose first off season is responding to one of the biggest upsets ever in the first round. He might panic and do something dumb.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Skej signed his deal last offseason, coming off a 25 point season where he played more than 200 minutes less than Nurse did this year, and almost 3 minutes less/game all while having similar possession stats and being a -27 on a team that wasn't any worse than the oilers last year.

As of today, Nurse is easily worth more than 6M compared to what Skjei signed for, and he still has next season to improve on those numbers.

Then you have to ask yourself where you see Nurse on this roster, and if he's worth that cap hit in that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad