Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Lots of Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Can you read 7M for Nylander which is what he got. Marner will be 10.5M and Id pay him that no problem.

You clearly say you’re advocating for signing Marner instead of Nyquist and are comparing signing Marner vs Nyquist. Why would you compare the contracts of signing Nylander right now when he is already signed and isn’t a possibility???

So now we have 30M invested in three forwards...and a massive hole on defense. So you’re going to rush Samrukov into the 2nd pairing?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Did I walk into the last Rumours thread? Seems like the same never ending conversation.

Any new actual rumours?

Reactions: KYams17

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Marner will want 11 per IMO. He is not taking 1+ million less than Matthews after outscoring him.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
At the end of Oilers Now yesterday, Stauffer said he had time for Markus Granlund and said Brian Boyle to Oilers isn't really that serious.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Marner will want 11 per IMO. He is not taking 1+ million less than Matthews after outscoring him.
I think you're right 11 is right on the money for him. His camp will take the Leafs for what he's worth, especially after the whole Nylander saga. I won't be shocked to see him walk away at 11.5 even.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
At this point you can only pray Holland has a masterplan to acquire Gusev... I don't see any realistic options out there to make this team a playoff team again.

Reactions: Macblender

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You clearly say you’re advocating for signing Marner instead of Nyquist and are comparing signing Marner vs Nyquist. Why would you compare the contracts of signing Nylander right now when he is already signed and isn’t a possibility???

So now we have 30M invested in three forwards...and a massive hole on defense. So you’re going to rush Samrukov into the 2nd pairing?

Read the post I was responding to. We were talking about Nyquist and Nylander

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think you're right 11 is right on the money for him. His camp will take the Leafs for what he's worth, especially after the whole Nylander saga. I won't be shocked to see him walk away at 11.5 even.

He outscored Matthews, Tavares, and Eichel last year, he earned 11 per.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

On the Leafs I think he gets that. On the Oilers I dont think he can come in here and demand 1M less then Mcdavid. I think if he comes in here he has to take a a salary somewhere close to the middle of Mcdavid and Drasaitl. So 9.5-10.5M range. If were trading for him I think a deals in place before we pull the trigger so it shouldnt be an issue.

Edit: How can anyone not like the looks of this top 6 if its signed for the next 7 years? 7 years gives us a bunch of time to figure things out on the defence.

RNH-Mcdavid-?
?-Draisaitl-Marner

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On the Leafs I think he gets that. On the Oilers I dont think he can come in here and demand 1M less then Mcdavid. I think if he comes in here he has to take a a salary somewhere close to the middle of Mcdavid and Drasaitl. So 9.5-10.5M range. If were trading for him I think a deals in place before we pull the trigger so it shouldnt be an issue.

He gets his 11m anywhere. His agent isn't a dummy.

Eichel got 10.5 three years ago on a lower cap and Marner has outscored him each of the last 2 years.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He gets his 11m anywhere. His agent isn't a dummy.

Eichel got 10.5 three years ago on a lower cap and Marner has outscored him each of the last 2 years.

Even at 11M I think we can make it work with what were spending on the D in 3 years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Even at 11M I think we can make it work with what were spending on the D in 3 years.

It would be tough, I doubt Toronto lets him go anyway, they are going to pay him what he wants and move out other pieces.

PK Subban is who they should've moved on this summer IMO. 9 per x 3 years is manageable if you dump Russell.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
It would be tough, I doubt Toronto lets him go anyway, they are going to pay him what he wants and move out other pieces.

PK Subban is who they should've moved on this summer IMO. 9 per x 3 years is manageable if you dump Russell.

They dont really have any other pieces they can move now that they signed Kapanen and Johnsson. Nylander and maybe Zaitsev. But even if they move Zaitsev they still need to replace him. They cant have all 3 of Matthews, Marner, and Tavares on long term 11M+ deals.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They dont really have any other pieces they can move now that they signed Kapanen and Johnsson. Nylander and maybe Zaitsev. But even if they move Zaitsev they still need to replace him. They cant have all 3 of Matthews, Marner, and Tavares on long term 11M+ deals.

They can. It just likely means Nylander is not in the long term plans there.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
They can. It just likely means Nylander is not in the long term plans there.

And if thats the case I think we should be in on him. I take a 23 year old 60+ point winger/center signed long term, in comparison to any of the UFA's we might be in on.

RNH-Mcdavid-Kassian
Benson-Draisaitl-Nylander

Looks like a nice top 6 for the next 5 years if we can re-sign RNH

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
But he got that verbal "I'll never trade you" guarantee not wrote into his contract.

Either way if Nylander or Marner are on the move we should be in on them. They fit the team and core perfectly.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The other issue for the Leafs likely preferring Larsson is Nurse wanting a raise in a year just puts them in the same bind they're in now, so it doesn't really address much.

Larsson is under a cost controlled contract for a couple more years and will be cheaper to resign.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The other issue for the Leafs likely preferring Larsson is Nurse wanting a raise in a year just puts them in the same bind they're in now, so it doesn't really address much.

Larsson is under a cost controlled contract for a couple more years and will be cheaper to resign.

Id move Larsson for Nylander or Marner if that's what it costs. But I think theyd prefer Nurse with Zaitsev and Muzzin on the right side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad