Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Klefbom Playing 21-22 is "very, very slim" | Holland Presser Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Deals are always done before. Agents all talk to GM's. All I can say is that what I seen shows me they are "in place"

The thing I really don't see though, is how they can afford to sign both of them and fill the rest of the holes

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The thing I really don't see though, is how they can afford to sign both of them and fill the rest of the holes

Well we don't know how much either of these players are signing for right? The flat cap may change what players are signing for

Reactions: Oilhawks

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

This is interesting. Turris had a lot of bad luck last year with injuries and Covid. Never really got a chance to get going in a shortened weird Covid season. I know he was a pretty prominent whipping boy last year, he was like bad a couple times defensively which I think got overblown into HE f***IN SUCKS AND CANT PLAY EVER AGAIN. But I think Top 6 guys need to play with Top 6 guys... our Bottom 6 had nearly no talent down there for him to play with. If we run out of cap and we need something on the wings, I still say we should at least try him in a top 6 role as a winger. Less defensive responsibilities as a winger and he showed at times last year to still be able to make plays.

Turris has not been a top 6 guy for a long ass time, his path back is showing he can be successful in a soft minutes bottom 6 role, he was miscast when we tried throwing him into a checking role and I think he'd be equally miscast in a top 6 role. I wish him the best in that his hard work can revive his NHL career, but I think a mindset change is more required than anything he's been a perimeter skilled guy for ages, I think he needs to be more willing to lay his body on the line to make the better play, he can't get by on skills alone anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad