Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Klefbom Playing 21-22 is "very, very slim" | Holland Presser Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We neeeed to check in with Washington about their goalie situation. Whichever one they feel is more expendable I’d gladly pay for.
I don't know if I would. Neither is really all that great. Young sure but like....I think they would also rather pay Seattle to pick someone else

Reactions: Smartguy

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Here's the silly team.

2Lt3hhX.png

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've been saying his name all offseason and I will continue, as a buy low option as depth center, I think Tyler Bozak still has some game left. If the Oilers spend more else where, I still see him as an option at 3C and won't get caved like last year's options
He is from Regina...he did worse offensively than Khaira did last year 5v5. Not a terrible option, not a great one either. His defensive game is subpar. That said he is a beast on faceoffs.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Are we trying to follow the Toronto model? Pay nobody but your top six? No to Stammer.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He is from Regina...he did worse offensively than Khaira did last year 5v5. Not a terrible option, not a great one either. His defensive game is subpar. That said he is a beast on faceoffs.
Experienced and would probably come cheap-ish, again a buy low option if money is tight

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I don't know if I would. Neither is really all that great. Young sure but like....I think they would also rather pay Seattle to pick someone else
I would for Samsonov. Lots and lots of upside, fits in with our core age wise, can grow with the team. Personally would much rather him than someone like Mrazek/Driedger/Ullmark.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I've been saying his name all offseason and I will continue, as a buy low option as depth center, I think Tyler Bozak still has some game left. If the Oilers spend more else where, I still see him as an option at 3C and won't get caved like last year's options

My latest prediction has us signing Bonino and Ryan for 3C and 4C. I'm fine with our bottom six wingers as long as you give them a decent centre.

Kahun-Bonino-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Archibald

Reactions: McDoused

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hell no to Stamkos. 31 years old and plagued with injuries.

I'm hoping that we just do some signings anyways. I won't be able to cope with another Holland trade :laugh:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would for Samsonov. Lots and lots of upside, fits in with our core age wise, can grow with the team. Personally would much rather him than someone like Mrazek/Driedger/Ullmark.
I'm not really that impressed by him. Skinner's recent season was better than Samsonovs AHL season at the same age (2 years ago). He is young and has room to grow but at the same time, I don't think we have the team to try and nurture a young goalie like that who is still quite flawed.

I wouldn't be against it but I think he is pretty overrated. It was his starter job to lose and he lost to the other young guy

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
After acquiring Keith, I dont see how we can sign Hall and Hyman.

I'd rather grab one and spread out the rest of the money to have a capable 3rd line that doesnt get caved in every night.

Reactions: DakrSnooze

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
After acquiring Keith, I dont see how we can acquire Hall and Hyman.

I'd rather grab one and spread out the rest of the money to have a capable 3rd line that doesnt get caved in every night.
It’s literally next to impossible. One would expect Hall/Hyman to come in at around 10M. Even with a Neal buyout, and the probably 3-4M required for another goalie. You wouldn’t have enough to add a 3C. Also have to resign/replace Larsson. Resign Yamamoto.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It’s literally next to impossible. One would expect Hall/Hyman to come in at around 10M. Even with a Neal buyout, and the probably 3-4M required for another goalie. You wouldn’t have enough to add a 3C. Also have to resign/replace Larsson. Resign Yamamoto.
Klefbom on LTIR, Kassian and Koskinen traded.

It’s marginally possible.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Based on rumors so far:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Hall - RNH - Hyman
Holloway - McLeod - Yamamoto
Archibald - Shore - Kassian

I sincerely don't know how we sign a RD, Yamamoto, a goalie, and acquire two 6 million dollar wingers after throwing 5.5 mil in cap space into a black hole and watching it spaghettify.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I sincerely don't know how we sign a RD, Yamamoto, a goalie, and acquire two 6 million dollar wingers after throwing 5.5 mil in cap space into a black hole and watching it spaghettify.
I’ll play, I agree though for reference, not to mention out top 6 would be saddled with long term deals.

11.5M in space, 12.5 Turris to the minors. Klefbom to LTIR 16.5, Neal buyout 3.83 in savings. So we have 20M to spend

Larsson 4X4, at minimum
Yamamoto 2X2 at minimum.
Hyman 5X5
Hall 5X5

16M spent.
Goalie 3.5-4M.

Koskinen likely has to go to try to get a 3C.

Maybe I haven’t watched them enough but doesn’t Hyman play LW?

Having all of RNH/Hyman/Hall on the LW at 5Mish doesn’t make a tonne of sense.

So in closing it’s do able, but it would go down as probably the craziest offseason in Oilers history, something I don’t see Holland doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad