Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Klefbom Playing 21-22 is "very, very slim" | Holland Presser Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

---

You were the chosen one, Holland.
It was said you would destroy the shit, not join them.
Bring balance to the Oilers, not leave it in darkness.

---

Last Thread can be found [here]

---

---

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2 and Cloned

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
For the last 2 years this team has been decent in the regular season, only to absolutely shit the bed in the playoffs. Hockey changes from regular season to the playoffs, yet the Oilers failed to do so twice now and it killed them both times. If he can bring out the right things from our players when it counts. then this deal is worth it in spades.

I am optimistic Keith has a good couple of years and he lifts up more teammates to do the same. I don't like or hate this deal. Every single deal that is made only gets scored accurately after the fact and that is the only accuracy that counts. Ask me again in roughly 10 months.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
You were the chosen one, Holland.
It was said you would destroy the shit, not join them.
Bring balance to the Oilers, not leave it in darkness.

---

Last Thread can be found [here]

---

3a7.jpg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Oilers Fans: "No one wants to play for us."
Duncan Keith: "I do."
Oilers Fans: "f*** you!"

And of course the dipshits on Twitter are ripping Keith for saying that.

Wonder when they’ll shred him for not taking down the entire Hawks org for the sexual assault like some posters are insinuating here?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Holland availability in a few minutes? I'm interested to hear what the bumbling fool has to say

North

Jun 25, 2009
Oilers Fans: "No one wants to play for us."
Duncan Keith: "I do."
Oilers Fans: "f*** you."

And of course the dipshits on Twitter are ripping Keith for saying that.

The thing is we all know if Kassian ups his physical intensity in the playoffs that would be great.

The problem is Kassian was checked out for the better part of the season although he did show flashes of waking up.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
So Barrie is gone for sure now.

Our defense is (likely) going to be

Nurse - Bear
Keith - Larsson
X - Bouchard

Hoping we can get Murray, pair him with Larsson and then run Keith - Bouchard though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hope Keith succeeds. Happy that he's closer to his son.
Holland on the other hand? Bad f***ing trade. Get a legitimate top 6 winger and a goalie.
Enough said.

He's going to have buy out both Neal and Koskinen to fill 3 of the vital holes, top 6 LW, $3C and #1 goalie. If they buy both out, they'll be down to $11M in cap space assuming they sign Larsson, Yamamoto and Smith to a combined 8 which might be generous considering it's Holland so that's 11M for a top 6 LW, #3C and #1 goalie. Yikes, and this is assuming that Holland spends right to the cap.

That would also be a shit load of dead cap and then the 5.5m Keith salary to contend with next season when the important extensions are due. Double Yikes
I think we need to lower our expectations of what will be done this offseason. I think we'll see more bargain bin shopping again. Tatar, Mrazek, Derek Ryan? Lets hope for a lot of internal development.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Also, from that PC with Keith, it sounded like the last 5+ years, playing further away from his son took a toll on him as a player, and he missed being with his son at times. He did mention it was a bit depressing when there was long stretches without him. That being said, now that he is much closer and in the same country, what's to say he turns it up to the Old Duncan Keith and plays amazingly well (well at LEAST a 2nd pairing LD), and helps us win a cup this year or next? There's some game left in him. I know it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He's going to have buy out both Neal and Koskinen to fill 3 of the vital holes, top 6 LW, $3C and #1 goalie. If they buy both out, they'll be down to $11M in cap space assuming they sign Larsson, Yamamoto and Smith to a combined 8 which might be generous considering it's Holland so that's 11M for a top 6 LW, #3C and #1 goalie. Yikes, and this is assuming that Holland spends right to the cap.

More reasons why I never personally wanted this trade especially with the hawks not even retaining. God awful. McDrai are in their prime, and Holland better not f***ing waste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad