Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Keep Nuge Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

That defensive level is worse and softer than the NHL allstar game, but atleast shows Brassard still has some hands in the absence of resistance.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Would you trade Pulju + Manning for Ryan Strome + a small add? I think I would.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He’s not signed an extension yet and is from Edmonton. That’s a lot different than some RHD we’ve lusted after in the past who were a year from UFA like Burns, Karlsson, or Doughty. If the Wild can’t come to terms with him soon I could see them shopping him. Replacing Russell with Spurgeon would really change the dynamic of our defence in a positive direction IMO.
They'd want Nuge. As much as I like Spurgeon that does not work.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
As for Risto I have no idea what fair value is because he has never played in the role he would have with the Oilers. Schultz got the Oilers a third and the Oilers had to retain salary. Now he was having a terrible year but in his first 3 his offensive numbers were good to very good. Risto has pout up better numbers than Schultz but how much more is he worth if his long term role is uncertain with Bouchard on the horizon? I would not trade next year's 1st but would add to JP and Bear. Maybe 2 seconds and ask them to take back Manning? Is that enough? Is it too much?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
As for Risto I have no idea what fair value is because he has never played in the role he would have with the Oilers. Schultz got the Oilers a third and the Oilers had to retain salary. Now he was having a terrible year but in his first 3 his offensive numbers were good to very good. Risto has pout up better numbers than Schultz but how much more is he worth if his long term role is uncertain with Bouchard on the horizon? I would not trade next year's 1st but would add to JP and Bear. Maybe 2 seconds and ask them to take back Manning? Is that enough? Is it too much?

I’m thinking one 2nd to go with JP and Bear might be enough. Considering what Buffalo just got for Nylander they may think that Puljujarvi still holds some value.

Bear, Puljujarvi, Manning and a 2nd for Risto

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m thinking one 2nd to go with JP and Bear might be enough. Considering what Buffalo just got for Nylander they may think that Puljujarvi still holds some value.

Bear, Puljujarvi, Manning and a 2nd for Risto

Buffalo says no chance. Nobody is taking Manning at that cap hit unless we toss in a high pick and take back a 7th or a failed prospect in a swap of contract spots in a one for one. Bear is a Tier 2 prospect. PJ doesn’t have value to command an asset swap like Risto or he’d have been traded 10 times over by now.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Buffalo says no chance. Nobody is taking Manning at that cap hit unless we toss in a high pick and take back a 7th or a failed prospect in a swap of contract spots in a one for one. Bear is a Tier 2 prospect. PJ doesn’t have value to command an asset swap like Risto or he’d have been traded 10 times over by now.
Buffalo is no where near the cap so the cap space is no problem for them and they have an owner who is more than willing to pay money if the GM wants it. The market for Risto is limited if they don't want to take back money. There are very few teams that have cap space who might really be interested in him at the price Buffalo might want.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Buffalo is no where near the cap so the cap space is no problem for them and they have an owner who is more than willing to pay money if the GM wants it. The market for Risto is limited if they don't want to take back money. There are very few teams that have cap space who might really be interested in him at the price Buffalo might want.

The Sabres aren’t trading one good contract for three contracts which include an ECHL level D with a gross price tag, a B level prospect and a huge petulant maybe even with a 2nd round pick.

They lose in contract spots and talent. Zero chance they make this trade and if this is considered viable then PJ should have been dealt by now.

Bangers

May 31, 2006

Do the Oilers have cap space to add Risto without someone like Larsson, Russell or Gagner going out?

From the three I've listed, Russell is unlikely to waive his clause, Gagner likely doesn't interest Buffalo, and swapping Larsson for Risto forces him higher in the line up and ends up hurting the Oil when he bleeds GA against top opposition.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nick Bonino may be moved at camp by Nashville reports Glennon from the Athletic. We’d need to dump Gagner to make it work but there is a 3C solution.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
That would be cool cause according to some fans and media Ryan strome is a future hall of
Famer

Nobody is saying that and you know it. He was the perfect 3C for this team and our bonehead former GM traded him when he was on a goal scoring draught (still doing everything else very well).

The thing about Strome too is that if we had groomed someone like Marody to succeed as a 3C, Strome could be a 2/3RW with one of our C's as well.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Nobody is saying that and you know it. He was the perfect 3C for this team and our bonehead former GM traded him when he was on a goal scoring draught (still doing everything else very well).

The thing about Strome too is that if we had groomed someone like Marody to succeed as a 3C, Strome could be a 2/3RW with one of our C's as well.
See right there. Perfect 3rd line center. The legend grows

Reactions: booyakasha

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The Sabres aren’t trading one good contract for three contracts which include an ECHL level D with a gross price tag, a B level prospect and a huge petulant maybe even with a 2nd round pick.

They lose in contract spots and talent. Zero chance they make this trade and if this is considered viable then PJ should have been dealt by now.
I think the problem is you are evaluating Ristolainen as having a good contract when it's highly highly questionable if he is even worth the contract he presently has, you could easily make the argument the free cap space is more valuable than Ristolainen is. Also taking back a contract like Manning with one year left is pretty minor when offloading that amount of salary, he's easy to bury in the minors and the little more than $1M in dead cap space isn't that hard to digest.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I think the problem is you are evaluating Ristolainen as having a good contract when it's highly highly questionable if he is even worth the contract he presently has, you could easily make the argument the free cap space is more valuable than Ristolainen is. Also taking back a contract like Manning with one year left is pretty minor when offloading that amount of salary, he's easy to bury in the minors and the little more than $1M in dead cap space isn't that hard to digest.
Is it that questionable when Barrie is going to get 8+ next season? Risto has 3 more years at 5.5, Russel got paid 4x4. For his offence alone his contract will probably be an underpay.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Holy at the offers for Risto. He’s a 5.5M defence man who can’t play defence. A defenseman that can’t play D hurts teams. The best you could do is shelter him on he 3rd pairing, but now you have a 3rd pair defenseman making 5.5M?! Ristos most compareable asset is Justin Schulz. An offensive defenseman that struggled with defence. You could make an argument that Riso has better offense but also that Risto has worse defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad