Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Keep Nuge Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Honestly that's bordering on unacceptable for a 24/25 year old pro athlete if that's a current photo. Dude needs to get some leg strength.
All he eats is salads. I saw him 2013 eating a salad at a restaurant with a girl. My friend saw the same thing in 2011 then during that Oil Change show they showed the boys all going out for lunch on an off day in OKC (2013 lockout) what does Nuge order? A freaking salad!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
RNH looks like he should be working at Abercrombie & Fitch

I hear you.
I honestly couldnt believe that was Nuge's legs when I first looked at the pic...I thought that it had to have been photo shopped.
How can you be in the NHL for 8 years and have legs that look like milkshake straws?
i really like Nuge as a player but that blows me away to be honest.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
All he eats is salads. I saw him 2013 eating a salad at a restaurant with a girl. My friend saw the same thing in 2011 then during that Oil Change show they showed the boys all going out for lunch on an off day in OKC (2013 lockout) what does Nuge order? A freaking salad!

So maybe we should call Nuge “Salad Boy” from now on

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
As a weekend warrior who's constantly trying to get in better shape, it always astounds me how normal and unathletic NHL players look. Being in good hockey shape is a confusing thing. How these bodies produce so much power and stamina on the ice I'll never know.

Having said that, the Nuge is huge and that will never change.

Reactions: ujju2 and KYams17

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I hear you.
I honestly couldnt believe that was Nuge's legs when I first looked at the pic...I thought that it had to have been photo shopped.
How can you be in the NHL for 8 years and have legs that look like milkshake straws?
i really like Nuge as a player but that blows me away to be honest.
It’s a good thing he’s a hockey player those puny twigs couldn’t play any other sport other than golf! He always been a smaller framed guy but when you compare his legs to an even smaller guy like Marty St Louis it’s a big difference.

Reactions: guymez

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I think his choice in sandals is far far worse.
2hnnnmh.jpg

Lol but seriously.... birks are life changing.

Reactions: npanciroli

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It’s a good thing he’s a hockey player those puny twigs couldn’t play any other sport other than golf! He always been a smaller framed guy but when you compare his legs to an even smaller guy like Marty St Louis it’s a big difference.

Legs are a tricky thing to build for some people.
I used to have skinny legs at one time as well despite being an athlete (not a pro obviously) and doing weights on and off for years..
Then I went into Shotokan Karate for 3 years...my physique completely changed. We had to hold stances and the Sensei would go around the class and critique the stance. Sometimes it meant holding a stance for 10 minutes or more. I was in Karate for about 8 hours a week which consisted of perfecting stances (as part of our Katas), and Kumite (fighting) at the end of every class. 8 hours a week is nothing extreme.
It took about 6-8 months (which is about how long my legs were sore for) but in terms of my legs all of the little supporting muscles became much stronger and as a result the bigger muscles became stronger and bigger as well...especially around my knees. It really surprised me....obviously in a good way. It educated me on the value of using other methods aside from weights to build strength.

When I look at Nuges legs I see the same thing especially immediately above his knees....not nearly enough muscle there and around the sides of his knees.
He is already a great skater but building his legs (that doesnt necessarily involve heavy weights) would give him more explosiveness and also allow him to be stronger on his feet because he would have more leverage.
I am truly surprised that he clearly hasnt explored enough in that regard.

Anyway...a rather long winded way of agreeing with you. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sugi21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad