Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Keep Nuge Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I lived in Calgary and been to Banff many many times . I been to Jasper twice . Jasper isn't commercialize like Banff is . Jasper feel natural like it should . Banff feel like a trap to screw you in the wallet .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Gardiner has back problems doesn't he? He's also going to cost a lot. So many players coming off of Toronto are overvalued

Yeah Boston broke his back and he never fully recovered and it got broke and stomp on again by Boston and the Leafs fans piling on

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Ristolainen suffers from playing too many minutes at too high a level of competition. He's not great in his own end, and he's historically been played like a #1 despite not being one.

He would look good in the bottom four with first unit powerplay time. He's a talented player who would benefit from a fresh start.

He would not be a good fit with Nurse, which means he would have to be bottom pairing. Benning can't play on the second pair and thrive, and Russell is better on the left. So Ristolainen isn't a perfect fit, but he does improve our roster.

If Gardiner played the minutes Risto did on Buffalo then there wouldn’t be a soul here interested in him.

Risto on our second pairing with top PP time would look amazing IMO. Pair him with Nurse and it would allow Nurse to concentrate on his defensive game. Nurse is capable of being a very good defender when given the role. Last year his defense suffered because he was our only option for offense from the back end. An added bonus is that Nurses stats may gonna I down to the 25-30 point range which would possibly make his next contract more affordable.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Let me get this straight a player who has just been bought out is somehow going to command more on the market after the buyout than he was making during the actual contract? If there is a single team in the league that would even entertain that they would have just traded for him, got him at a reduced cost compared to what you're suggesting, and probably get NY to throw something in to save them from the caphit for the next 4 years.

Who said anything about his commanding more money?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Incarcerated bob is the best in baseball and football. I am not sure about hockey but this guy is plugged in. I think he is new York based so not sure how he would know, could be the agent

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Also it's not a retweet it's the account commenting "good value for the Oilers if it happens" on some random person saying "heard Brassard may go to Edmonton on a 1 year 2.1 million deal. We shall see."

I'll take Brassard at that price, but not that reliable at all.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Larry Brooks just wrote about the likelihood of Shattenkirk getting bought out by the Rangers. If he does in fact get bought out I wonder if there may be a 1 year fit here for the Oilers on a low dollar deal.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Incarcerated Bob just retweeted that oilers may have signed brassard to a 1 year 2.1 mill deal

Looks like he just replied to a tweet that had suggested it, with the opinion that it would be good if it happened.

The original tweet writer has zero credibility or credentials, appears to be a fan with a low following.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Larry Brooks just wrote about the likelihood of Shattenkirk getting bought out by the Rangers. If he does in fact get bought out I wonder if there may be a 1 year fit here for the Oilers on a low dollar deal.

He already nixed a trade here as a pending UFA so I can't imagine his desire of not wanting to be here will be any different now

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Problem with a guy like Shattenkirk is that he has to be fed softer minutes and plenty of offensive zone starts to even try and keep his head above water.

Anyone that bitches now about Benning being too costly for a bottom pairing role where he has to be somewhat sheltered isn't going to like what Shattenkirk brings (at a likely much higher cost).

Personally of the 3 (unlikely) D options being discussed for me it would go...

Gardiner>>Ristolainen>>Shattenkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad