Choose Your Protection Format

• 7 Forwards - 3 Defensemen - 1 Goaler

• 8 Skaters - 1 Goaler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The bolded has his contract expire next year like Nuge and is less likely to be selected. They could have a handshake agreement for Larsson instead if they wanted to keep him and it's less risky. He's a player likely to be trending down while Nuge may still be in his prime (and might ask for more by that point).
Well then...even better. If Nuge's wasn't expiring I was just gonna say expose Larsson anyways, but this is much less risky. I have zero ties to any other forward plug on this team.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
By handshake deal, I think the poster means that Larsson agrees to terms with Edmonton before he hits free agency and just signs as UFA. I'm sure Larsson could "technically" still say f*** off and sign with another team, but why would he screw over his old team?
Yeah I misinterpreted then and thought that the “they” would be Seattle/Edmonton making a handshake deal about Larsson. Regardless I could see him going to Seattle because I would be shocked if Edmonton keeps him. Klefbom, Nurse, Bear will all be under contract after next season I presume and from Holland saying in his Oilers now interview the other day he told Bouchard to come to steal a job in camp this next year and that should be his mindset. Also said they would decide on Broberg possibly coming to the NHL after his SHL season is over this year, but said he expects them to both start to see some time in Edmonton within the next couple years.

Only way Larsson stays is if one of Bouchard/Jones can’t take steps forward this year. I’m on board with others and am a big Jones fan, had he not got overshadowed by Bear we would be talking about slotting him in next year in the top 4.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
That’s what happens when you adore a false god.

@Soli
91sw7b%2BJNGL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Reactions: Soli and Cloned

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
7-3-1 pretty easily at this point. Let's hope we're lucky if Jones is the guy we end up losing.

McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Yamamoto, Athanasiou, Puljujarvi and an off-season acquisition as it stands.

Klefbom, Nurse and Bear.

Whoever we sign as a backup gets a two year deal to make them available for the expansion draft. So I think Smith is done here.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
7-3-1 pretty easily at this point. Let's hope we're lucky if Jones is the guy we end up losing.

McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Yamamoto, Athanasiou, Puljujarvi and an off-season acquisition as it stands.

Klefbom, Nurse and Bear.

Whoever we sign as a backup gets a two year deal to make them available for the expansion draft. So I think Smith is done here.

Key word(s).

I could see Jones being more valuable than both AA and Pulju by mid next season. And who knows if we even qualify AA.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
For now, I'd say 4-4

McDavid, Draisaitl, Yamamoto, off-season acquisition.

Klefbom, Bear, Nurse, Jones.

We can always use handshake-UFA to keep Larsson and Nuge (if we still have Larsson).

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Key word(s).

I could see Jones being more valuable than both AA and Pulju by mid next season. And who knows if we even qualify AA.

Yeah, Pulju and AA are pretty much mystery boxes at this point (and I don’t mind AA, think some patient should be shown). Jones is trending towards a top 4D IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad