• 7 Forwards - 3 Defensemen - 1 Goaler

• 8 Skaters - 1 Goaler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So you're saying we should go top-heavier because it's inevitable?

I'm not really worried about our scoring lines moving forward. I just think it's important for us to be able to keep the guys coming in every year if and when they succeed.

It's the reality of this overly punitive NHL cap system.

Let's look at the last few Cup winners.

St. Louis last year: 61.9M on 11 players, 57.9 on 10 players (cap was 79.5M) - 73% of the cap in 10 players

Washington the year before: 59.69 on 10 players (worth noting this was before Carlson's huge contract kicked in the next year too) - cap was 75M - 80% of the cap in 10 players

In my hypothetical: 62.25 for 10 players = 76% of the cap in 10 players, assuming the cap doesn't go up at all.

Not out of range really.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Friedman said last week that Holland won’t trade Nurse because he’s part of the leadership group.
sounds like classic Holland pumping Nurse up so his trade value is higher :)

But seriously, I like Nurse a lot and I hope he sticks around, and at the same time I hope the team has a major shift that upgrades it.

although, I prefer us standing pat than doing a rushed move without leverage, such as Chia's Hall trade.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Let's get creative.

Nurse + Samorukov + conditional 2nd

Coyotes receive the 2nd if Nurse doesn't re-sign.

Keep in mind you'd also be able to trade Nurse for a pretty decent return at the deadline of his expiring contract year.

I'm pretty sure the NHL just changed the rules prior to this post season starting that you can't have conditional picks when it comes to resigning players anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad