Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | 2010! What Was It Good For? Absolutely Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Sign a couple of cheap vets and role with the kids.

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Hamonic
Edler-Bouchard
Samourkov

You copied my post from before. Exactly same players I listed as well. I figure Hamonic should be an easier signing. Edler is 35 but a good vet. With the bad news today, the defence listed here is not to bad. Sammy is a wild card. I seen him play in Mem Cup in Halifax. He played injured but I liked him

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Im not sure what to think now. Do we blow our load on offence and hope the best on young fellas in defence?
I think we can still add defense and offense at this point. Seemed like we were going after a winger when we thought Larsson could potentially come back so the money should still be there.

Now the question for me is who can we get to replace Larsson

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We should have started the prep work 4 off-seasons ago if Holland wanted to sign Hyman this off-season.
Not at all similar situations. We’ll just end up overpaying/overterming for the inferior player. Hey look, a move Holland might actually be able to pull off.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

tenor.gif

It's still too much of an overpay but better than the 5.8 x 7 that was rumored last week I guess.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Only time that's acceptable is in a Lucic for Neal trade. The buyout is better

Incredibly, the front page of the Calgary Sun today carried the headline "Could we lose Looch to Seattle?"

I was glad to see the trade happen but that said it is interesting how the Flames have managed to convert him into a useable chess piece (insert joke here) while the Oilers reached the end of the road with him.

Ironically, it looks like the Oilers have also reached the end of the lost highway with Neal. I expect that he will be bought out next week.

With Larsson signing in Seattle it looks like the final train wreck of the Hall trade--thanks Peter.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hyman 4 mill 7 years
Mike Smith 7 years league minimum
Tatar 7 years 2.5 mill let's go
There are guys you don't do that with because you don't have to balance the cap as much.

I actually think, despite if they were to sign Hyman, I would think Tatar should still be on the radar, because he would make the team better and he wouldn't be terribly expensive imo.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
What do we want? Hyman at lower AAV longer term 0r vice versa?

I'd go for lower AAV longer deal (when I say lower I mean like 4 million rather than 6 million).

Screw it man, if this team doesn't get anything done in the next 4-5 years Drai and McDavid could be gone and the party will be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad