Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | 2010! What Was It Good For? Absolutely Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Im not sure what to think now. Do we blow our load on offence and hope the best on young fellas in defence?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yes. My thoughts on Hyman are laid out in the Hyman thread as nauseum. Agree or disagree, it’s fine. I don’t wanna to get into my evaluation of signing him here. But we can discuss in the Hyman thread if you’d like. Not a fan of his.
I’m a fan of the player. I just hope the contract isn’t too bad. Yeah sure sounds good man ahaha

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Well I have to think this leads to major shakeup on the backend.

Barrie in.

I think you have to get one of Hamonic, Gudbranson or Savard. Hamonic likely makes the most sense based on his wanting to be in the area.

What does that mean for Bear?

I'm also 100 percent expecting Hyman. I would prefer to roll the dice on Schwartz
We trade him for pennies and he becomes a #1 dman

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Innuendos aside, I’d rather go higher than longer on Hyman. Might be difficult because of the interest.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I guess here's the thing... if we are signing a UFA forward with term, who will be great in our top 6 for a few years, but then might trail off...

What would you pay for a 3 year rental on a good top 6 forward. Maybe the realization is you pay that cost after the 3 or 4 years to dump him.

Think of it as buying an extended rental

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes. My thoughts on Hyman are laid out in the Hyman thread as nauseum. Agree or disagree, it’s fine. I don’t wanna to get into my evaluation of signing him here. But we can discuss in the Hyman thread if you’d like. Not a fan of his.
We should have started the prep work 4 off-seasons ago if Holland wanted to sign Hyman this off-season.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad