Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Lock It Up, Apparently We're Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bob used to post in here once and awhile when he was still with 1260 using his real name.

I assume he still comes in here, but just trolls for laughs.

Im sure all the media guys with their own shows come in here to see what people are talking about.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
What could we get for Nuge if we tried moving him now?
Id look to Carolina maybe.
Lindholm +
Would that work? what could the plus be

We could not get Elias Lindholm for RNH...

Not even close.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I do not get the timing we did not need cap space this year at all. We would of been fine buying him out next season for less years etc.

To me there has to be a follow up and if not I am thoroughly confused on the logic behind this one.

I agree when people say a FA of note may be possible now at least in terms of why they would do this.

Would anyone be opposed to giving Marleau and Thornton both 1 year deals at a higher dollar figure?
Or a more wild option if they are married to term and want it offer them 3 year deals worth what a 3rd line player would make (2-3M)? To me they have both made their money and if they want a cup (this is the only reason they would think of coming here; it is cold and not Cali) then they may sign.

I guess what I am saying is I only want them if they want to chase a cup and if they want to do that then they need to accept cheap deals. They are still good but at 37 I think they will need to realize the risk of them dropping off warrants a lower $ figure. If they refuse that then all good.

Maroon-McDavid-Drai
Lucic-Thornton-RNH
Marleau-Strome-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Would be a dirty forward core.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Player for player we are a worse team than last year where we won only one playoff series.
Strome < Eberle
Khaira < Pouliot

Lets hope the internal growth makes up the difference.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Hartnell getting bought out. We should just swap em.

I would also be a okay with signing Hartnell for about 2 million.

How has his play looked? Has he fallen off substantially?

He could be a solid addition if he has a little gas in the tank and is fine with a cheap deal. Especially with the rumors he would of waived for here before when he was with nashville.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I do not get the timing we did not need cap space this year at all. We would of been fine buying him out next season for less years etc.

To me there has to be a follow up and if not I am thoroughly confused on the logic behind this one.

I agree when people say a FA of note may be possible now at least in terms of why they would do this.

Would anyone be opposed to giving Marleau and Thornton both 1 year deals at a higher dollar figure?
Or a more wild option if they are married to term and want it offer them 3 year deals worth what a 3rd line player would make (2-3M)? To me they have both made their money and if they want a cup (this is the only reason they would think of coming here; it is cold and not Cali) then they may sign.

I guess what I am saying is I only want them if they want to chase a cup and if they want to do that then they need to accept cheap deals. They are still good but at 37 I think they will need to realize the risk of them dropping off warrants a lower $ figure. If they refuse that then all good.

Maroon-McDavid-Drai
Lucic-Thornton-RNH
Marleau-Strome-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Would be a dirty forward core.

I think if Marleau signs it will be to play with Mcdavid. Could also see him in the second line center spot. At least Marleau can still skate whish is nice. Way better option then Iginla.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Player for player we are a worse team than last year where we won only one playoff series.
Strome < Eberle
Khaira < Pouliot

That's all we can count on going forward, in fact when McDavids contract kicks in we will be forced to leak more talent. We don't have the prospect pool to support our cap hell. Trade Draisaitl!!!

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
How has his play looked? Has he fallen off substantially?

He could be a solid addition if he has a little gas in the tank and is fine with a cheap deal. Especially with the rumors he would of waived for here before when he was with nashville.

I will admit I haven't paid too much attention to the last season. But we need players who will kill penalties. Badly. That was something Pouliot was damn good at.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Thornton is done. Dude was already declining massively last year and now is going to have to come back from a torn ACL and MCL ...

I give him props for playing on that, but it was also monumentally stupid to do so.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
That's all we can count on going forward, in fact when McDavids contract kicks in we will be forced to leak more talent. We don't have the prospect pool to support our cap hell. Trade Draisaitl!!!

PIT is doing fine... McDavid will attract wingers young and veterans here.
Defense is locked up especially if we can give bridge deals to Nurse and Benning.
Goaltending is cheap and effective.

There really is no cap hell now that we have gotten rid of Eberle and Pouliot.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I think if Marleau signs it will be to play with Mcdavid. Could also see him in the second line center spot. At least Marleau can still skate whish is nice. Way better option then Iginla.

Sure he will sign for that reason but you have to think all players know it is not a guarantee to be slotted there if chemistry does not work out.

I just typed out the lines I could see if that situation unfolded.

For the most part I am looking for UFA players who are old enough and want a cup so may be enticed to sign a longer term deal for cheap. I think you target players who are unlikely to drop off substantially over the next 2 years and pay them according to a drop off in case.

Basically they need to see themselves on this team pushing us to a higher level and giving us a legitimate shot every year they are signed.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Thornton is done. Dude was already declining massively last year and now is going to have to come back from a torn ACL and MCL ...

I give him props for playing on that, but it was also monumentally stupid to do so.

Thornton with torn ACL and MCL is still better than RNH

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

What I think is if you combine Gregor's tweet with the Pouliot buyout, perhaps the Oilers could be targeting a specific free agent on Saturday.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Strome < Eberle
Khaira < Pouliot

Agreed. I don't mind buying out Pou but we should be bringing in a UFA or two to help push us over the top and be better than last year. As of right now, we are worse and are banking on someone like Puju to step in and produce.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

Done?

What does that constitute for you? I am curious as to how many points given a good situation he could put up in each of the next three years.

I see 50-55, 45-50, and 40-50 for him in the next three. Given my opinion that he does not rely on speed but playing a cerebral game where he slows the game down and creates space for his team mates by drawing players to him.

Saying that you only take him on that term if he accepts a deal in the 2-3M per season range in case he does drop off substantially. I have some faith as I believe Doug Wilson was quoted as saying he thinks Thornton is like Jagr and could play into his 40s.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

It will be to get A CHANCE to play with McDavid and hopefully go on a cup run because of McDavid.

Lucic signed for the same reasons.. He will be training this offseason to play with McDavid again. Maroon doesnt have a lock at that spot anymore. IMO its Lucic's spot to lose again.

Marleau will get the same chance.

Marleau-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Maroon-RNH-Slepy

no line is set in stone.. so everyone will get a chance with everyone at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad