Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Lock It Up, Apparently We're Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I know you think its "forcing them into the lineup" but it makes sense if you need to move guys up the depth chart

specifically if pouliot could legit end up a 4 million dollar AHler after camp.

It would make sense if we had any depth on the wings but we have a hilarious lack of it.

If there's no UFA or trade lined up after this then it's a stupid move.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I know you think its "forcing them into the lineup" but it makes sense if you need to move guys up the depth chart

specifically if pouliot could legit end up a 4 million dollar AHler after camp.

If they're not going to use that extra cap space, then there's nothing wrong with bringing Pouliot to camp and letting him fight for a spot with those guys, instead of basically forcing Puljujarvi/Caggiula on to the top line, and having absolutely no depth to deal with injuries.

They need to sign someone to replace Pouliot, even if it's a third or fourth liner.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
:laugh::cry:

We'll already get extra space when Sekera gets move to the LTIR for in-season acquisitions.

We're not getting any savings for Sekera if/when he goes on LTIR because we wont be close to the actual cap due to needing to save space for rookie bonuses.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
McDavid is going to take a discount equal to the cap hit of buying out Pouliot . So Chia can add piece to win the cup .

RNH come on down your the next to go on the auction block .

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
lol? Where does it say it's for overpaying Draisaitl? He's saying it'll be used during the season rather than offseason. So Draisaitl is being overpaid in the season? :sarcasm:

It's called using foresight.

Players $$ goes down during the year from pro-rated cap, so the Oilers probably only need to leave about 4M for bonuses + 5M for a deadline acquisition. EDIT: Made a Sekera point but Spawn made a good counter, see below.

That leaves about 9M for Leon Draisaitl and Mark Spector in an article yesterday "guessed" he'd get 9.2M on an 8 year deal.

Based on the Bob Stauffer teases on Brandon Pirri, who probably gets around 1M, I'd say Oilers are willing to cave to at least 8M on him.

He's probably worth 6.5-7 based on comparables but he just happened to have the same agent as Tarasenko, the one guy at 7.5 off an RFA deal.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's called using foresight.

Players $$ goes down during the year from pro-rated cap, so the Oilers probably only need to leave about 4M for bonuses + 5M for a deadline acquisition. Sekera's LTIR gives them even more flexibility, but doesn't kick in until October and it will only be about two months of added cap.

That leaves about 9M for Leon Draisaitl and Mark Spector in an article yesterday "guessed" he'd get 9.2M on an 8 year deal.

Based on the Bob Stauffer teases on Brandon Pirri, who probably gets around 1M, I'd say Oilers are willing to cave to at least 8M on him.

He's probably worth 6.5 tops based on comparables but he just happened to have the same agent as Tarasenko, the one guy at 7.5 off an RFA deal.

There is no savings on Sekera being on LTIR. You need to go over the cap in order to get savings for a player on LTIR. There is no way for us do to that in season because of rookie bonuses.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
McDavid is going to take a discount equal to the cap hit of buying out Pouliot . So Chia can add piece to win the cup .

RNH come on down your the next to go on the auction block .

To MTL: RNH

To EDM: Brendan Gallagher or Andrew Shaw

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
There is no savings on Sekera being on LTIR. You need to go over the cap in order to get savings for a player on LTIR. There is no way for us do to that in season because of rookie bonuses.

Good point, they won't even make it to the cap.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like Chiarelli is acting like McDavid's deal kicks in this year and not next - but then again, he spent $$ on Russell on a deal he thinks (and I say this because I disagree) will be movable in a few seasons.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
If the writing is in the wall with Hopkins, I hope he's given every opportunity to put up points next to McDavid so we aren't trading a 40 point third line center who can't win a faceoff, but rather a top line winger who's good for 70 points.

Time to manage your assets Peter.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
What could we get for Nuge if we tried moving him now?
Id look to Carolina maybe.
Lindholm +
Would that work? what could the plus be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes