Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Lock It Up, Apparently We're Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Here's a thought:

If Draisaitl was looking for 9M+, Would you trade Draisaitl for Parayko and a 1st? I mean, we do lose Draisaitl but then our defence would be set for YEARS. We could sign Thornton then to a 2 year deal 5M and Marleau at 4.5M for 2 years.

Maroon-McDavid-Marleau
Lucic-Thornton-Strome
Caggiula-RNH-Slepyshev
Pouliot-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Parayko
Nurse-Benning
Gryba

Talbot
Brossoit

Now THAT'S a tough team to beat in the playoffs :handclap:

Parayko is probably looking for a 7M deal himself. Also, no way the Blues add a 1st to him. if anything it will be a 1 for 1 swap especially knowing Chiarelli.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Draisait + Sekera + 2nd for Parayko + Schenn

Thats a crazy overpay on our behalf

If were moving Draisaitl, which i'm sure we are not, we can do better then Parayko straight across.
The only reason Draisaitl may be traded is he is demanding a high salary due to his talant, a true # 1 C status for most teams.

Also heard Parayko signing might be in the 4.5 range same as Ghost and Zaitsev just signed

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well now there's another winger spot that needs to be filled... I don't have a problem with buying him out but there better be a replacement in the cards.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Well now there's another winger spot that needs to be filled... I don't have a problem with buying him out but there better be a replacement in the cards.

Definitely lose even more experience on the wings.

I think this indicates we've landed a free agent on the wings though. And also Draisaitl's contract number being a bit higher.

Otherwise we'd just wait the year out with Pouliot and take a much cheaper buyout next year

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Pouliot buyout makes no sense at all unless we are bringing someone in. If we aren't adding at free agency, we don't need his cap space this year. If need it next summer, 1 year would have been move-able.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Buying out Pouliot now would suck. We are on the hook for 4 years of cap penalty. We're already being dinged this year for Korpikoski's deal for no good reason. Chiarelli sucks at cap management if he's doing that.

Jun 9, 2011
I thought Pouliot looked ok when he returned.
How long does the buyout cap $ stay on our books and what is the amount?
I hope we are making use of young guys with potential and not, overpaid vets, to fill spots. I would rather live with that, than have another Smyth over Hartikainen situation.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Vegas likely asked for a 1st round pick since he has 2 years left.

But since we have no cap issues really this year, probably could have traded a 2nd rounder next year for someone to take him on his last year.

Buying him out only makes sense if Chia plans to add a veteran UFA winger or wants the extra room to add guys on expiring deals at the deadline.

James Neal at the deadline might be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad