Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Free Agency Interview Period Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
just an idea on the subject of adding 13 and 14th forwards

For me--we have added some guys via the UNI route that should get some time in the show--13/14th forwards do not play that much and only when injuries hit

here is the line up position and the positions we think people will play not where they are for line combos

LW
1-Lucic, Milan
2-Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
3-Caggiula, Drake
4-Khaira, Jujhar
5-

C
1-McDavid, Connor
2-Draisaitl, Leon
3-Strome, Ryan
4-Brodziak, Kyle
5-
RW
1-Rieder, Tobias
2-Kassian, Zack
3-Puljujärvi, Jesse
4-Rattie, Ty
5-Åberg, Pontus

there is the 23 man limit --there are 13 FWDs there already--if we go with 7 D and 2 G that leaves one spot left

and MANY people on this board want Yamamoto on the roster to start the season--that makes him the 14th fwds

Unless we can move Lucic to sign Maroon-- would prefer guys like Marody, Cooper, Benson, Tyler(who if healthy should start in BAKO), and we have two guys we need to figure out what we have in Larkin, Colin and Gambardella, Joseph

Just my two cents on the subject of adding other FWDS at this point in time
Marody, Benson, Gambardella, Larkin, etc. are all better off playing full time in the AHL than being an extra forward in Edmonton.

I can almost guarantee that all of those guys won't be ready for the NHL. Patrick Russell is closer than those 4 IMO.

I agree that they need to see what they have in Yamamoto, and possibly have Aberg, Rattie or Cagguila as your extra forwards if he makes the team.

I think they might go the PTO route with one of the many vets currently discussed without contracts. I'm guessing it'll be Upshall or Hansen. Maybe Colborne?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
just an idea on the subject of adding 13 and 14th forwards

For me--we have added some guys via the UNI route that should get some time in the show--13/14th forwards do not play that much and only when injuries hit

here is the line up position and the positions we think people will play not where they are for line combos

LW
1-Lucic, Milan
2-Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
3-Caggiula, Drake
4-Khaira, Jujhar
5-

C
1-McDavid, Connor
2-Draisaitl, Leon
3-Strome, Ryan
4-Brodziak, Kyle
5-
RW
1-Rieder, Tobias
2-Kassian, Zack
3-Puljujärvi, Jesse
4-Rattie, Ty
5-Åberg, Pontus

there is the 23 man limit --there are 13 FWDs there already--if we go with 7 D and 2 G that leaves one spot left

and MANY people on this board want Yamamoto on the roster to start the season--that makes him the 14th fwds

Unless we can move Lucic to sign Maroon-- would prefer guys like Marody, Cooper, Benson, Tyler(who if healthy should start in BAKO), and we have two guys we need to figure out what we have in Larkin, Colin and Gambardella, Joseph

Just my two cents on the subject of adding other FWDS at this point in time

Did.....you just rank RNH BELOW Lucic for our depth on the LW? Wat. I know it's only a small part of your post, but that's just absurd.

Also I think Yamamoto depends on how he shows in camp. If he can lock down a top 6 spot, keep him there. Otherwise I agree, send him down for big minutes.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
He's either asking for too much or is waiting for another team to make room (Oilers?).

I really think he wants to see if we can offload someone to make room and perhaps equal or top the STL offer. Doesn't make sense otherwise - where else would he want to go other than home to St L?

Reactions: 780il

North

Jun 25, 2009
I really think he wants to see if we can offload someone to make room and perhaps equal or top the STL offer. Doesn't make sense otherwise - where else would he want to go other than home to St L?

Right? I mean his kid is there. I'm surprised he didn't jump at the 4 mill offer from St. Louis when it first happened but this is the contract he has to cash in on so I guess it's not so surprising in that context.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad