Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: What the **** is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Meh. You never see him wipe out Gaudreau, Pettersson, Ehlers, or even someone who has it coming like Tkachuk.
He is what he is. He’ll rough up the other teams bottom sixers a bit then go home.
At this point it’s like worrying what trading Stortini in division would have been like.
That’s not the same. He would show up to play against us.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
That’s not the same. He would show up to play against us.
Why? He has a NMC. Any trade that happens would have his blessing. Add to the fact that he was open to a trade in the off-season and I’m not sure why you’d think he’d resent the team that gave him a fat retirement contract and then found a way to get him out of the pressure.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Tarasenko is 13th in the NHL in shots among forwards.

He's the 2nd lowest scoring forward this year along the 30 forwards with the most shots... only Craig Smith has 1 pt less.

Absolutely this is a buy low opportunity (if he's actually available) as he very likely rebounds hard as soon as later this season.

A great way to find bargains is finding those players who are getting offensive opportunities (high # of shots) and not cashing them (snakebit or simply on a poor team).

He'd likely be expensive to acquire... but he's just turned 27 this month so he's got several solid years left. I wouldn't be concerned about his $7.5 million salary as he's likely to live up to it.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd be in on Toffoli as well... likely needs a change of scenery and might be relatively cheap to acquire as well.

26 years old... perfect age as it gets a forward right in his prime to bust out to the upside again once they are out of their slump year.

Reactions: A91

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Tarasenko is 13th in the NHL in shots among forwards.

He's the 2nd lowest scoring forward this year along the 30 forwards with the most shots... only Craig Smith has 1 pt less.

Absolutely this is a buy low opportunity (if he's actually available) as he very likely rebounds hard as soon as later this season.

A great way to find bargains is finding those players who are getting offensive opportunities (high # of shots) and not cashing them (snakebit or simply on a poor team).

He'd likely be expensive to acquire... but he's just turned 27 this month so he's got several solid years left. I wouldn't be concerned about his $7.5 million salary as he's likely to live up to it.

I don't think there's many other teams out there who ship off mid 20 year olds who are having a down year for pennies on the dollar.

I'd be all over it of course, but expecting anyone but chia to.. well... Pull a chia, is asking for a bit much.

My guess is if he does move, it's for another player having a slightly down year for a change of scenery, or an absolute overpay by a playoff team looking for that last push.

We have nothing to realistically offer. We could shop draft picks, but trading our futures when our prospect pool is far from robust is just going to lead to the same problem in a couple seasons when he slows down and we don't have anyone coming up.

You'd also need to shed some serious salary, and nobody is going to do us a favour in that sense either.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Why? He has a NMC. Any trade that happens would have his blessing. Add to the fact that he was open to a trade in the off-season and I’m not sure why you’d think he’d resent the team that gave him a fat retirement contract and then found a way to get him out of the pressure.
Because he would. I’m not saying he resents our team. Ex oilers always destroy us.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Really hope we don't blow our wad before the draft. JT Miller is the guy we need to be in on.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Another sad, sad stat... James ****ing Neal, even with the crappy season he's having... would be the 4th leading goal scorer among forwards on this team right now... with 4 goals.
He's be our 6th, behind D.Nurse who has 5 goals
edit, sorry, mised the part "among forwards".

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Another sad, sad stat... James ****ing Neal, even with the crappy season he's having... would be the 4th leading goal scorer among forwards on this team right now... with 4 goals.
Also gets paid 6 mill. I don’t see your point? It’s good that Calgary also has a garbage contract.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I clarified but you obviously didn’t read it. I said Ex Oilers always show up against the Oilers. Lucic would probably bury McDavid and score two goals.

Saw your clarification but didn't really make sense. Just because he's an ex-Oiler he suddenly would be a useful player?

He'd have to catch McDavid first and be able to score more than 1 goal every 6 months or so.

He's literally one of the few players I wouldn't worry about even if he was an ex-Oiler.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Saw your clarification but didn't really make sense. Just because he's an ex-Oiler he suddenly would be a useful player?

He'd have to catch McDavid first and be able to score more than 1 goal every 6 months or so.

He's literally one of the few players I wouldn't worry about even if he was an ex-Oiler.
My point was that ex Oilers regardless of how useless they seem to be always find a way to haunt the Oilers. See last St.louis game. My post wasn’t meant to be taken so seriously.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
So essentially paying $10M per for JVR for the next 4 seasons after this one?

Honestly I think you'd probably be better off buying Lucic out and trying to find a $4-5M player if you've got $10M to use.
I'd rather overpay by a lot for some production then pay Lucic for sfa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think Nuge probably needs a couple wingers if we really want our 2nd line to take off. Or one guy who can challenge him to be the 3rd best forward on the team.

Or a guy 4th guy who can play with McDavid and then try Nuge and Drai together.

Nuge was doing a pretty good job driving a 2nd line with Khaira and Puljujarvi before Hitchcock inexplicably didn't put Khaira back into that spot when he returned from suspension so he really only needs one remotely skilled top 6 winger to make it work with the offensive confidence he's been playing with the last 2 seasons.

It'll make all the difference in the world really, but I don't want Chia making the trade this season to bring that player in. Let the new GM start that search for a top 6 winger after the season is over. This one is not worth saving IMO.

Reactions: Aerrol

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Pretty sure Oilers would not lose any sleep over playing against Lucic 4/5 times a year
Okay. IM JUST SAYING that ex Oilers always find a way to haunt the Oilers when they play. Hence why Maroon scored his 3rd goal of the year against us. It’s not meant to be taken so literally my god people.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Nuge was doing a pretty good job driving a 2nd line with Khaira and Puljujarvi before Hitchcock inexplicably didn't put Khaira back into that spot when he returned from suspension so he really only needs one remotely skilled top 6 winger to make it work with the offensive confidence he's been playing with the last 2 seasons.

It'll make all the difference in the world really, but I don't want Chia making the trade this season to bring that player in. Let the new GM start that search for a top 6 winger after the season is over. This one is not worth saving IMO.
With Strome gone we have no 3C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad