Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: What the **** is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He hasn't accrued the required age or NHL seasons to not be. He was only a UFA in the first place because the LA Kings didn't extend him a qualifying offer. It's an unusual highly specific situation.
His QO is 15% higher than his current cap hit and he's been a guy who's had dollar signs in his eyes since he turned pro. He also has a prick of an agent. Odds are he's gone next season.

Last edited:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
His QO is 15% higher than his current cap hit and he's been a guy who's had dollar signs in his eyes since he turnedpro. He also has a prick of an agent. Odds are he's gone next season.

I acknowledge all of these things.

I have time for the player but I'm not married to him. If he wants much more than his QO(he might) then I would have no problem with the Oilers moving on.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That's a massive overpayment for a guy on pace for roughly 50 points playing in a stacked top 6.

Talbot, 2nd for Kapenen max.

I’ll be shocked if he actually hits 50 points too. His PPG keeps dropping after the hot start.

His PPG entering this year was 15 points over 82 games

His last 11 games, he’s on a 29 point pace.

And look at the year

10 games - 74 point pace
20 games - 57
30 games - 57
40 games - 51

That’s a player trending down to his norm after a hot start, no matter how you look at it. Especially considering who he’s playing with. He’s their Maroon.

You can’t pay for Kapanen expecting a 50+ point guy. ~35? Sure. That’s still a piece we need. But not for Pulju and what I’m assuming will be a first or 2nd. I’d rather just give up a 2nd or 3rd for Brown who’s a similar caliber player, and has a 20 goal season under his belt

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah I remember when he had that staph infection in his ankle I think. He does have a rather spurious injury history. It’s too bad, his play was peaking as well. Going to be very difficult for him to reach that same level when he comes back especially if we are more or less out of it by then.

He'll reach it by next season when we're ready to push to the playoffs again, and then he'll break something else

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I’ll be shocked if he actually hits 50 points too. His PPG keeps dropping after the hot start.

His PPG entering this year was 15 points over 82 games

His last 11 games, he’s on a 29 point pace.

And look at the year

10 games - 74 point pace
20 games - 57
30 games - 57
40 games - 51

That’s a player trending down to his norm after a hot start, no matter how you look at it. Especially considering who he’s playing with. He’s their Maroon.

You can’t pay for Kapanen expecting a 50+ point guy. ~35? Sure. That’s still a piece we need. But not for Pulju and what I’m assuming will be a first or 2nd. I’d rather just give up a 2nd or 3rd for Brown who’s a similar caliber player, and has a 20 goal season under his belt

@McCupofOil this and my earlier post about Kapanen answers you. He had an early hot streak and hasn't proven anything so far. Plus he doesn't have any of the skills we really need in our wingers if we're paying a premium: excellent board work, great one shot scoring, or ability to carry a scoring line. Of these he's MAYBE able to carry a lesser line but I don't like his odds of doing that here. I'd rather pay that kind of price for a Hyman like player (Leafs aren't letting him go) or a Connor Brown as TheNuge says here. Don't overpay for an unproven guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad