Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: What the **** is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No...you are wrong. You are using something out of context. This is not an appeal to authority. Sorry man.

As for the rest of your post...just look at the verbage and obvious angst behind most of the posts here. There are a few posters like @TheNumber4 who are trying to look at these deals more objectively but those posts are few and far between.

I'm not really sure how it isn't an appeal to authority. You're using Hitch's supposed involvement/opinion (which is actually only speculated at this point) as evidence to form your conclusion on the trade ... or your conclusion on the opinions of others on the trade. That's literally the definition of appeal to authority.

Verbage and angst are understandable given the circumstances, but that still doesn't mean people are overvaluing Caggiula. People can be mad at the possibility that Chia simply made another questionable trade without being overly biased about the trade actually being questionable.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chiarelli is even disagreeing with himself now. He's tried to undo at least three transactions already this year.

- signs Jerabek, trades him a month later
- acquires Wideman, trades him a month later
- acquires Spooner, tries to trade him a month later

what the ****
I don't think that's always a bad thing though. Chiarelli's MO has always been the volume of smaller deals he's willing to make. These things don't always work out. It's good that he's been willing to move on from them quickly when they don't pay immediate dividends.

That being said, I couldn't really get behind the Garrison signing or the Strome trade and as it stands, I'm not really understanding the Manning acquisition.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
So, at this point our only hope is Hall signs with us in 2020 and the new gm can shed the bad contracts. Cause lord knows we can't draft and develop for shit.

Reactions: Aerrol

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Its like that old problem, can you get from point A to B with only left turns. Well we're trying to get to the playoffs with only left handers.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Why didn’t he just wait until a Hitch was hired? There is no plan here.

Chia's just desperate at this stage IMO. All this talk about him undoing shit.
He should undo himself. Or at least undo Lucic.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
So, at this point our only hope is Hall signs with us in 2020 and the new gm can shed the bad contracts. Cause lord knows we can't draft and develop for ****.

Nah, our only hope is that Katz cleans house and hires a new regime that is able to properly draft and develop some depth for the core pieces(and we also have to hope said core pieces have the patience for that.)

Hate to say it but what we need right now is some time at the draft table to fill some holes. Chia has bled away so much value that we have nothing left to trade.

Reactions: Aerrol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm not really sure how it isn't an appeal to authority. You're using Hitch's supposed involvement/opinion (which is actually only speculated at this point) as evidence to form your conclusion on the trade ... or your conclusion on the opinions of others on the trade. That's literally the definition of appeal to authority.

Verbage and angst are understandable given the circumstances, but that still doesn't mean people are overvaluing Caggiula. People can be mad at the possibility that Chia simply made another questionable trade without being overly biased about the trade actually being questionable.

Cloned...an appeal to authority is a position that states that because you are not qualified in a traditional sense (usually involving educational certifications) or have valid experience in a particular vocation then your opinion has no credibility. For the 3rd time...I have not done that with you or anybody else.

I also never said that because Hitch is invloved then these moves must be good. I said that i trust Hitchs judgement in terms of which players are liabilities on this team. I am not saying he is right...I am merely letting things play out and seeing what the outcome is...confident that Hitch has a good sense of player contributions at both ends of the ice.

As for the rest of what you said....all of this is speculation for the most part. Your claims that Norell wont be coming back to NA...guess what thats pure speculation.
The difference is how much supporting evidence we have behind our positions. You have little to no supporting evidence that Norell wont be coming back to NA but taking that stance supports your narrative that these deals are all bad.

So...not only do I disagree with you I am also suggesting that you are misrepresenting our discussion in a big way.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Cloned...an appeal to authority is a position that states that because you are not qualified in a traditional sense (usually involving educational certifications) or have valid experience in a particular vocation then your opinion has no credibility. For the 3rd time...I have not done that with you or anybody else.

I also never said that because Hitch is invloved then these moves must be good. I said that i trust Hitchs judgement in terms of which players are liabilities on this team. I am not saying he is right...I am merely letting things play out and seeing what the outcome is...confident that Hitch has a good sense of player contributions at both ends of the ice.

As for the rest of what you said....all of this is speculation for the most part. Your claims that Norell wont be coming back to NA...guess what thats pure speculation.
The difference is how much supporting evidence we have behind our positions. You have little to no supporting evidence that Norell wont be coming back to NA but taking that stance supports your narrative that these deals are all bad.

So...not only do I disagree with you I am also suggesting that you are misrepresenting our discussion in a big way.
Norell won't be coming back to NA because he simply isn't good enough too. By all accounts he was a trainwreck I'm the AHL and is doing pretty bad in the SHL

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Norell won't be coming back to NA because he simply isn't good enough too. By all accounts he was a trainwreck I'm the AHL and is doing pretty bad in the SHL

Back so soon? Welcome to the Gluttons for punishment club ;)

space321

May 11, 2011
So, at this point our only hope is Hall signs with us in 2020 and the new gm can shed the bad contracts. Cause lord knows we can't draft and develop for ****.

Nah dude, Hall has attitude problems and doesn't fit with our culture, pass.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Again...that is your opinion and I am not sure what you are basing it on.

His 2016/17 season in the AHL was a struggle which is not unusual for a Euro playing in NA for the first time.
His next season in 2017/18 was much better.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Again...that is your opinion and I am not sure what you are basing it on.

His 2016/17 season in the AHL was a struggle which is not unusual for a Euro playing in NA for the first time.
His next season in 2017/18 was much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad