Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Wake Me Up When June Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Holland already said Drai is staying on Connor’s wing.

He’s not interested in three scoring lines because he feels that wastes the third line centre’s talent.

So basically let’s run McDavid and Leon for 25 mi s a game again and wonder why they fade down the stretch

Leon-McDavid-Kassian
Donskoi-RNH-Connolly
Cousins-??Khari??-Tanev
Hope to move Lucic and Russel after July 1 could possibly unravel Donskoi to Nyquist

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The team needs a pile of players in the bottom 6 that could/should hit 10 goals.

They don't need to gamble the house (all the available cap room) on a couple guys who might hit 20-25 goals in a good year (maybe).

Give me a half dozen cheap guys who can hit ~10 and run with that.

Then you aren't tying all your eggs into 1 or 2 expensive UFA purchases (who more often than not regress and don't live up to their contracts anyway).

Once again go with a bushel full of guys like these....

Leipsic-Granlund-Hartman

Andrighetto-Cousins-Aberg

Guys like that that should come fairly cheap... and if they don't work out... their salaries/term aren't crippling... and worst case you bury them in the AHL and a huge chunk of their cap hit disappears. (Katz has plenty of money... which the team should use to maximum benefit).

St Louis had 13 guys that scored 10+ goals (and 2 more were close with 8 and 9)... depth in numbers wins.

Reactions: YakDavid

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Another example, how about a guy gets traded here. He then comes in the dressing room and starts bad mouthing the city. How do you think that will go over with guys who’ve only ever been Oilers, and are committed to being here for their careers?

Are you suggesting an outsider would come in and influence someone about the city that they have more knowledge and experience in than the outsider? Do you think the current Oiler players haven't been to other cities?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't know if anyone's brought his name up, but Ryan Hartman would be a really good add. Not sure why he keeps getting moved. We could use a spark plug in the bottom 6. Sick of seeing these low energy, low effort games with Lucic being useless and Maroon gone. He's the kind of guy who can change momentum in one shift.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Are you suggesting an outsider would come in and influence someone about the city that they have more knowledge and experience in than the outsider? Do you think the current Oiler players haven't been to other cities?

No, I’m saying guys coming in with a bad attitude will get tuned in. We’ve had so much turnover on the roster for years. Theres no pride for the crest or the city really in that room. At least not to the same extent a team like the Red Wing’s had/have. Although I think that’s already changing under Holland.

Two questions I’d be asking guys at the draft. 1) At the end of your career when you look back on it, how do you want it to look? 2) Why do you want to live in Edmonton?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I don't know if anyone's brought his name up, but Ryan Hartman would be a really good add. Not sure why he keeps getting moved. We could use a spark plug in the bottom 6. Sick of seeing these low energy, low effort games with Lucic being useless and Maroon gone. He's the kind of guy who can change momentum in one shift.
Agreed

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
why-not-both-5b3b19.jpg
Interesting. Everyday I go to bed hoping to get laid. To each his own.
Everyday I go to bed hoping the oilers get better tomorrow.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I don’t know about that. That stretch of hockey he had early last season really isn’t something we should ever expect again. I’d definitely take the under at .906 next year

Over the last 3 years 122 goalies have played at least 25 games with SV% of .906 or higher. That's an average of over 40 per year which means a typical team has 1.3 such goalies. 31 have had averages below .906.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I would not consider moving Nuge or Nurse unless you are for sure getting the absolute best player back in the deal.
Either a better defenseman than Nurse, or a better forward than Nuge.

Otherwise, seen more than enough downgrading for a lifetime the last 4 years.
People say forget the Reinhart trade, the Hall trade, the Eberle trade, but it's hard to forget when the impact of those trades is still a very present, very current problem that prevails.

Reactions: Throttlehead

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
I would not consider moving Nuge or Nurse unless you are for sure getting the absolute best player back in the deal.
Either a better defenseman than Nurse, or a better forward than Nuge.

Otherwise, seen more than enough downgrading for a lifetime the last 4 years.
People say forget the Reinhart trade, the Hall trade, the Eberle trade, but it's hard to forget when the impact of those trades is still a very present, very current problem that prevails.
Do you think the oilers actually make a trade

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I don’t know about that. That stretch of hockey he had early last season really isn’t something we should ever expect again. I’d definitely take the under at .906 next year

Koskinens best stretch of the season was after Talbot was traded, our media was playing the whole “now that they chose there goalie he’s flourishing”. He got absolutely wrecked towards the end of the year and couldn’t stop a beach ball with his glove hand, something I’m sure he will work on this summer. I don’t think a .910-.915 is crazy this year

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Colin Miller would be such a great add.
Benning + 3rd? Bear + 2nd?

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Miller
Sekera-Persson
Jones
He’s a solid second pair guy if you could get him for Benning + that would be ideal. Definitely rather trade him than Bear for cap reasons.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Lou needs to retire.

I don't understand that. They have 20M in cap space, he wanted to be an Islander, he was one of the best stories. Griess was every bit as good but is 6 years older and had less of a pedigree going in, so is almost certainly going to be less of a player coming out.

If it weren't for their goaltending, they don't accomplish jack shit last year. Middle of the pack in chances and high danger chances against, #1 in team save percentage. Their leading scorer had 62 points and they might lose their leading goal getter.

NYI could collapse.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Holland already said Drai is staying on Connor’s wing.

He’s not interested in three scoring lines because he feels that wastes the third line centre’s talent.

I think the real reasoning for playing Drai on Connors wing is because the depth is so thin in the top 6 its the only thing they can do. If they had some legit top 6 wingers this strategy wouldnt be used very often.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I think the real reasoning for playing Drai on Connors wing is because the depth is so thin in the top 6 its the only thing they can do. If they had some legit top 6 wingers this strategy wouldnt be used very often.

The Oilers could ignore the cap and have the perfect choices of top six wingers and it'd STILL be the correct decision to play those two together.

The best you could hope for is chemistry on par with how they tilt the ice and even then, RNH is probably close to as strong as Drai at 2C. 3 scoring lines with power components is not something real teams do anymore. Even Winnipeg and Tampa don't these days.

Reactions: MessierII

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't understand that. They have 20M in cap space, he wanted to be an Islander, he was one of the best stories. Griess was every bit as good but is 6 years older and had less of a pedigree going in, so is almost certainly going to be less of a player coming out.

If it weren't for their goaltending, they don't accomplish jack **** last year. Middle of the pack in chances and high danger chances against, #1 in team save percentage. Their leading scorer had 62 points and they might lose their leading goal getter.

NYI could collapse.

Not the first team to let Lehner loose, although in the past at least his performance played a part in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad