Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Wake Me Up When June Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Boyle (even though I’m worried about him being another Belanger) would at least be a great presence in the locker room. The guy has been through a lot off the ice and seems like a great fit wherever he goes.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Hear me out. I guarantee Mike Smith has a better year than Cam Talbot.
Cam probably signs for way less than smith though, and I doubt smith performs well enough to justify that difference for most teams.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
In:

Tim er I mean Brett Connolly (Second Line)
Brian Boyle (Third Line)
Patty Maroon (First Line)
Mike Smith (1B)
Luke Schenn (6 or 7 D)

Out:
Find a home for Lucic and Russell

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Look around the league. Teams are stacking their talent together. Defensive systems are so good that individuals can be neutralized. Even pairs if they have no support. But this pair is good enough to defy that.

What the team needs to do is find one guy who can help the second line and then shore up the bottom 6. If the second line can come out close to even the Oilers should win the majority of their games.

I agree with the last part of your post.
Its fine to stack the talent together...thats not my issue with this.
My issue is that there are NO other options for the Oilers. That should concern the team as well.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Boyle (even though I’m worried about him being another Belanger) would at least be a great presence in the locker room. The guy has been through a lot off the ice and seems like a great fit wherever he goes.
I've wanted him for so long.

Just sucks now at 34 we will go after him and probably give him 3 years

Reactions: McDrai

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Jersey tossing started after Moreau and Horcoff we’re gone IIRC

That’s why so said those guys didn’t seem to care when things went bad. They shirked responsibility and blamed others creating a division in the room all the while they were supposedly the leaders.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
In:

Tim er I mean Brett Connolly (Second Line)
Brian Boyle (Third Line)
Patty Maroon (First Line)
Mike Smith (1B)
Luke Schenn (6 or 7 D)

Out:
Find a home for Lucic and Russell

I’d like to see Tanev here for the bottom 6.

Think Looch is here for another year.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Those are fairly affordable contracts for the Leafs.

They're still kind of f***ed in terms of cap though.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Seems logical, but coddling Puljujarvi would be pretty far down the list of reasons to sign Filppula for me.
That kids sense of entitlement needs to be worked on
Both are projected 3rd liners in NHL next year so could be a good mentor for him. Jokinen couldnt do much so cant get our hopes up.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I've always been a huge JP defender, but after the shit he's pulled this summer, he should be the last thing we consider when signing a third line C, or making any moves going forward. As far as I'm concerned he's a euro player we hold the rights to right now and we're just waiting for the right trade, however many years that may take.

Filppula would be a solid third line C who I have lots of time for. I'd also be okay with Boyle, but I think Filppula is more what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad