Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Sturm would play a pretty similar role to Strome when he was here, for much cheaper. Count me in.

Or we can just go to FA. I'd prefer not to throw away all our futures for a short term fix, so that might be a better option. There are plenty of wingers available this year: Nyquist, Zuccarello, Dzingel, Johansson, and a bunch that I'm forgetting.
Has Sturm ever played with Draisaitl?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Sturm would play a pretty similar role to Strome when he was here, for much cheaper. Count me in.

Or we can just go to FA. I'd prefer not to throw away all our futures for a short term fix, so that might be a better option. There are plenty of wingers available this year: Nyquist, Zuccarello, Dzingel, Johansson, and a bunch that I'm forgetting.

Yeah we need to give this team at least one more top six winger for next year.. I want playoffs. We should definitely try to do so with holding onto as many of our good assets as we can.. but at some point here we're gonna have to make a move. Can we fit a FA under the cap? Wouldn't we have to make some magic happen to dump cap to get a dzingle? That may cost us assets as well..

I'm okay with trading some assets for the now.. for a player that can become a part of this core long term of course. Not for bandaids.. still thinking long term

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't know much about Brazeau, but I really like Sturm. He's also the best faceoff man in the entire league. And his numbers in the NCAA are also really good, so its not like he would just play a shutdown role either.

I bet he would love coming to Edmonton, the Drai factor similar to Rieder.
Sturm's production would probably be in line with how Caggiula produced right out of the NCAA. The substantial difference is that Sturm is a natural centre, while we forced Caggiula into that 3C role for the most part.

Brazeau, I'd expect to take some time. He's probably a bit ahead of where Hebig was coming out of junior.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah we need to give this team at least one more top six winger for next year.. I want playoffs. We should definitely try to do so with holding onto as many of our good assets as we can.. but at some point here we're gonna have to make a move. Can we fit a FA under the cap? Wouldn't we have to make some magic happen to dump cap to get a dzingle? That may cost us assets as well..

I'm okay with trading some assets for the now.. for a player that can become a part of this core long term of course. Not for bandaids.. still thinking long term
No, we're projected to have almost 11 million in cap.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Sturm's production would probably be in line with how Caggiula produced right out of the NCAA. The substantial difference is that Sturm is a natural centre, while we forced Caggiula into that 3C role for the most part.

Brazeau, I'd expect to take some time. He's probably a bit ahead of where Hebig was coming out of junior.

Caggiula, plus the elite defensive side.

Reactions: McCanovin

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Yeah we really seen that last game.

Hes actually been a train wreck 2 years running now.

Klefbom on the top pairing the last 2 years, yeah we are just smashing it out of the park with that.

You're basing your opinion on what "you seen" (yikes) from one game.

Everything that you just said is proof that you do not have the ability to judge talent in hockey. I'm sorry. It's that simple.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Klefbom can play top pairing minutes. Go freaking look at our team record with or without Klefbom in the lineup.

Last year he was fighting his shoulder injury. This year for the most part he has been pretty good, Larssons been having a bad year and it's pulled Klefbom game down a bit.

Klefbom when out of the lineup kills the team. If your plan is to trade Klefbom for an improved player that's not old balls than sure. If your plan is to grab an aging guy who isn't even top pairing on his own team and put Nurse on the top pairing Jesus, I'm glad your name isn't accurate.

Nurse has proven it this year that he is far from ready for top pairing minutes.

Look at our record with Klefbom playing top pairing minutes compared the rest of the NHL.

We need to upgrade him, im not saying give him away, im saying get a legit top pairing RH defenseman. Play Nursse or Sekera on the first pairing, and knock Larsson to the second pairing.

The last 2 years we have bled goals against. We need to upgrade. Klefbom and Larsson as a top pairing arent getting it done.

Not very complicated.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
No, we're projected to have almost 11 million in cap.

hmm... okay that does open up some interesting options then..

so imagine we did something like this: Ill use a lower level UFA as an example to make it realistic

We sign Dzingle to 5.5 million? (not sure how many years we would go...4 max?)

We trade RNH for 2 top six wingers. 1 that is 20 goals & 50 points minimum + other winger is prob a prospect that is almost NHL ready with top 6 upside (20 goals and 50 points)

Draft a winger with first round pick with top 6 upside. (as I can still see a hole in the top 6 below)

That would give us our top 6.

Dzingle - Mcdavid - (RNH trade)
(RNH Trade) - Draisaitl - ???

or keep RNH but have more holes... but at least we have our two pairs and can keep McDavid and draisaitl apart.

Dzingle - Mcdavid - ???
RNH - Draisaitl - ???

Being a new Oilers fan... Im not as attached to RNH as most Oilers fans. I simply see him as an asset with value that I could turn into something to help the team. Its not that he doesn't help the team I just think we are heavy on the C's... and we could use some depth on the wings. And he doesn't have that killer instinct im looking for.... I want someone who cant wait to bury mcdavids passes...

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nope he hasnt been at all.

I dont know why people dont want to upgrade him?
I'd trade Klef+ for Subban but I doubt that would happen. But a more realistic option would be RNH for Spurgeon. Move Russell for picks. Go after Duchene

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Look at our record with Klefbom playing top pairing minutes compared the rest of the NHL.

We need to upgrade him, im not saying give him away, im saying get a legit top pairing RH defenseman. Play Nursse or Sekera on the first pairing, and knock Larsson to the second pairing.

The last 2 years we have bled goals against. We need to upgrade. Klefbom and Larsson as a top pairing arent getting it done.

Not very complicated.
Sekera and Nurse shouldnt be above the second pairing.

Didn't you watch Nurse when giving top pairing minutes this year? He got blown up every single shift and looked like trash. So much so they had Jones cover for him after a few games.

If you want to improve on Klefbom that's fine, but doing so and still having Nurse on your top pairing is hilariously bad.

Better idea you move Larsson or Nurse plus for a top pairing RHD and then you have Klefbom and someone else and you have a legit top pairing. Instead of a top rhd that will be dragged down by guys who shouldn't be near a top pairing.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'd trade Klef+ for Subban but I doubt that would happen. But a more realistic option would be RNH for Spurgeon. Move Russell for picks. Go after Duchene
We can't afford Subban. Moving Klefbom for Subban would be like...all the salary we have.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
How are the Leafs going to afford Johnsson and Kapanen?

I see great trade potential there. Either would be fantastic additions to the Oilers and we have some defensive depth that could be trade to make a deal.

Reactions: Chabot84

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
We should try to snipe Nylander out of Toronto.

Just bite the bullet man.

A package around:

Bouchard for Nylander

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How are the Leafs going to afford Johnsson and Kapanen?

I see great trade potential there. Either would be fantastic additions to the Oilers and we have some defensive depth that could be trade to make a deal.
Don't you know? After Marner signs for a sweet heart 8 year 1 mill deal they will be fine. All that extra money Marner will get from ads and stuff will balance out /s

Edison

Dec 1, 2017
I would go hard after Finnish players Oliwer Kaski and Ville Leskinen. If we keep Pulju those players will help him to feel Edmonton home, because i just think that pulju just need some friends who can speak finnish.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We should try to snipe Nylander out of Toronto.

Just bite the bullet man.

A package around:

Bouchard for Nylander
We are not helping the Leafs out with their cap problems.

A 2nd round pick for either Johnsson or Kapanen is a big favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad