Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Perry? Neal? Eriksson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I dont know but Allen is done as a Blue with Binnington there. If Holland trades for him to play as a 1B, the Oilers are fist ****ed. Hopefully he realises how bad of a goalie Allen is and doesn't go near that mess.

I'd be weary of Allen, but i can see some fits. Now this would have to be something like him @3mil or less for Manning.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I agree, I don't know why Toronto would trade Brown for Khaira, the cap savings would be minimal. A Brown for Benning deal makes a lot more sense from their point of view.
Because they are soft as butter and that doesn’t fly in the playoffs. (As shown)

I don’t think they do that deal anyways just because Brown is light years better but I can see why it’s being discussed.

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Him saying he is considering buying out players don't really say much to me. He is a good GM so he will always be weighing all options.

Him saying he doesn't intend on adding anything on defense does have my slightly worried. Although at the same time it could be him knowing what he has in Bakersfield, knows the absolute lack of capspace and that the forwards are a bigger issue. That said it also shows he isn't wanting to downgrade the defense for the forwards which is a good sign.

It'll be very interesting at what happens. Holland is known for making little to know trades. He does maybe 1-2 trades a season. Although in 2017 he did 7 trades in the calendar year but they were all selling trades.

So really any of us expecting Holland to make a bunch of trades to right the ship, will be let down.
I feel like Holland is a guy who understands the impact that media can have. If he comes out and says he wants to make big changes to the defense the price goes up, both via trade and free agency.

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
Well that bodes well for not moving a prospect to move Lucic (I think)...doesn't mention the D but I'd be surprised if they don't try and find room for Jones on the bottom pair...I'd be nervous if my name was Brodziak, Cave, Khaira or Gagner.

Khaira is the only guy who should feel almost-safe based on his 2017-2018 season. He has value and could be moved to a team in cap hell as part of an obvious talent-upgrade (KK or AJ on toronto or Vegas players).

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
I agree, I don't know why Toronto would trade Brown for Khaira, the cap savings would be minimal. A Brown for Benning deal makes a lot more sense from their point of view.

Brown for Khaira will be $1M - $1.1MM. That's quite a bit for a team strapped for cap room. I agree that Benning makes more sense from a positional need.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The Oilers obviously have no room for Zaitsev, just Dreger trying to stir the pot.

Unless they're taking Russell back. Still makes no sense.

Reactions: PuckNut

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Just read a pathetic article saying pulj as the sweetener in the Lucic - Eriksson deal. Holland better not be that stupid. If that's the ask, you politely tell vancouver to f off a d keep their trash at home.

Just popped by to say that. Hope you all are having a good summer so far.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Do people think we could get Varlamov on a cheap, short term contract?

He had a bit of a rough year but has some decent stats over his career. He has had some injury issues though.

I think we need someone who has the potential to be a starter.

What goalies do you think we should target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad